PDA

View Full Version : alternator and battrey problem PLZ help

nova123456
29-12-02, 12:02 AM
i have got a nova 1.0 litre with a nice sound which have just fitted it has to ampufiers (1 x 4 channel and 1 x 2 cheannl) i wud like to use a more powerful alternator and battery. Wot alternator and battery wud fit. i wud prefar the alternator to be straight swap fit if that is possible and wot battery PLZ help

Adam

RobHardyUK
29-12-02, 12:23 AM
Yellow Top make good batteries, but i don't know of there website... alot of people that tune there cars use these...... as of alternator, i simply wouldn't bother. you won't get a better one, one that charges your car bettery faster will make the battery dump (die) faster, and then one that charges slower takes longer to charge etc...... stick with the on ya got matey. Only other thing is use another battery in ya boot. (a caravan bettery is best, cos they are not designed to run with a alternator, so therefore last longer, the reason car users don't use em is becoz they don't have as much punch) :P

Chris LR
29-12-02, 12:16 PM
Unless your going to run some serious equipment I wouldn't bother. It's not like you can fit much serious equipment in a Nova, and if you could It'd be nicked withing days.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that if you go along in a 1.0 Nova with loud music pumping out, you'll be laughed at. If I were you I'd save my money and go for a 1.3SR or something with more power so you can run more ICE.

Anton
29-12-02, 02:16 PM
What about a 1.2 with loud music :P I have 3 amps of one battery and thats fine :D

Chris LR
29-12-02, 02:22 PM
Anton it doesn't matter what engine you've got, your the Duke, and people will laugh at you anyway.

Keep on Rockin' Bargain Hunters

Euan
29-12-02, 02:48 PM
i had problems with power when i installed my sounds. i uprated the alternator to 1 from a gte and havent had a problem with it since.

i wouldnt change anythin if your not already having trouble with it!