PDA

View Full Version : Problem fitting TD clocks with rev counter

Fridge
19-02-09, 09:24 PM
Hello!

Just a quick question.
I'v just bought a set of clocks for my turbo diesel nova because the O/E one didn't have a rev counter, but i've run into a problem. The plug on my loom is too big for the back of the replacement clocks, my loom has a (i think) 2x7 pins arangement and the replacement clocks have a 2x6.
Has anyone encountered this before and what would be the best way of solving it? Can i buy a 2x6 plug from the main dealers?
Is it a difference between a mk1 and mk2? (mine is a later K reg)

Any help would be appreciated.:thumb:

Count Vaux Alot
19-02-09, 09:52 PM
Are the clocks TD ones?

Riggy
19-02-09, 11:18 PM
yeah the mk1 clocks have 12 pins where the mk2 have 14 pins ,

best just to find a mk2 set

Jack
20-02-09, 12:12 AM
yeah the mk1 clocks have 12 pins where the mk2 have 14 pins ,

best just to find a mk2 set
Bingo

You can splice a Mk1 connector onto your mk2 loom. I think you'll need an individual wire for the rev counter tho...

brainsnova
20-02-09, 12:16 AM
i think its the rev counter and oil pressure gauge wires that are individual on the mk1.

Mihó
20-02-09, 03:46 PM
Hello!

Just a quick question.
I'v just bought a set of clocks for my turbo diesel nova because the O/E one didn't have a rev counter, but i've run into a problem. The plug on my loom is too big for the back of the replacement clocks, my loom has a (i think) 2x7 pins arangement and the replacement clocks have a 2x6.
Has anyone encountered this before and what would be the best way of solving it? Can i buy a 2x6 plug from the main dealers?
Is it a difference between a mk1 and mk2? (mine is a later K reg)

Any help would be appreciated.:thumb:

Unless yoour alternator/generator doesn't have proper connector for rev counter it is impossible to measure revs. 2x6 was used in Astra E/F, Cavalier (Vectra A)

Fridge
22-02-09, 06:01 PM
bugger

Does anyone need a set of mk1 clocks.......

John
22-02-09, 06:09 PM
I have a set of mk2 diesel clocks, pm me if interested.