PDA

View Full Version : Electric Power Steering??

greg1.4
19-02-09, 08:24 PM
Hi there, please help me if you can. i am having trouble with my power steering on my nova rally car, i need it going for the weekend!

It is Elecy Power Steering from a corsa..

The power steering is simply not working, it is all wired up as per the instructions, it has the adjustment knob that works but the actual motor is not working?

so when i turn the steering wheel it is not kicking in the motor, and the adjustment knob is not making it any lighter..

any ideas what my problem could be?

does anybody have wiring diagrams/more details of how to fit rhe power steering, as i just have a small piece of paper.

Hope you can help me as i am confused..

cheers

Greg

greg1.4
19-02-09, 08:26 PM
We have also tried another ECU and a motor but it iis still not working..

dellortotwin40s
19-02-09, 09:33 PM
try the relay switch thts wht was rong wae liams

greg1.4
19-02-09, 09:39 PM
on what car?

xxspudxx
20-02-09, 08:08 AM
what kit is it you bought?

From what i can remember from doing mine is all you need is(dont quote me on it though)

Green - Revs
Black - Swtiched Live
an Earth

and then the main power and earth, fire up the engine and have nice light steering!

geordy_sr
20-02-09, 11:13 AM
i thought the ecu had to be re-programed to run the electric power steering ?:confused:

greg1.4
20-02-09, 06:05 PM
its from Hyland Corporation or something..

geordy sr, dont think so..we have fitted a esg box that does away with engine speed and vehicle speed, this gets wired to the adjusmant knob..

xxspudxx
20-02-09, 06:49 PM
ecu doesnt need to be reprogrammed, the box will send a speed signal which can be adjusted. What wires have you got going where?

andymac
20-02-09, 09:30 PM
check the wiring at the back of the adjustment knob as i have the same box and the solder wasnt very good and the wires had come off