PDA

View Full Version : Kinda removing MK1 Dash

D3ADLiN3
28-12-02, 11:17 AM
Where i state 'kinda' I mean, take bits of it off and put it back on.

To the point: Im fitting some speakers in the front of my Mk1 Nova, in the speaker vents where there arent any speakers.
I managed to put one speaker on the passenger side by removing the glove box, but now I need to get to the drivers side.

How can I get to it? The only way I see possible is to remove nearly the whole dash board, which I dont really want to do, fit the speakers and put it all back together.

MattyWoo
28-12-02, 03:01 PM
Well this is what i sent to my mate that asked. so here we go:

"To do the drivers side i found it took about an hour on my first attempt, the first thing to do is remove the fuse box from its current position do this by removing the lid then pressing the two clips in at the bottom and manouvering it out, it will sit on the parcel shelf below without damaging any wires. Also if you dont have side air vents (to the right of the light controls) then remove the panel (just stick ure hand in the fuse box hole and push it out) this should give you just about enough room to remove the speaker from this side, its in the same position as the other one so just try very hard and swear lots and u should be able to do it.

When i fitted some new speakers in place of the old i paid the lad next door (who is 9 and has small arms) to fit my drivers side, took the little sod about 2 minutes!!!!!"

hope this helps mate

dikharvey
28-12-02, 09:30 PM
http://www.cornishcruise.co.uk/dash.jpg

This is how i changed my front speaker, if the pic dont work it means im not online (unusual) check back for a look.

dikharvey
28-12-02, 09:31 PM
that pic didnt work for some reason, it is here

http://www.cornishcruise.co.uk/dash.jpg

D3ADLiN3
29-12-02, 08:08 PM
Thanks, I finally managed to do it.
I removed the shelf and basicly climbed into the dashboard, I then removed a switch and a panel or two and got it sorted. :D