PDA

View Full Version : induction kit on a CARB

mikeoxford
28-12-02, 01:00 AM
http://www.knighta.f9.co.uk/gallery/wayne_levene/b1.jpg

is this the way to do the induction kit on carb? looks like parts off a corsa?

engine spec is a bit scketchy, 1.4 SR

Vauxhall Nova 1400cc, 4-cylinder, 8 valve, injection engine (H reg). Pipercross Induction Kit. Custom Vectra GSi/Nova GSi backbox. 5-speed box.

so it could be single point injection?

but im assuming fittings for the airbox (the three fixings) are the same???

Ste_Nova
28-12-02, 11:14 AM
thats a cav 1.8 carb top box..... same setup as using corsa 1.2i parts on a 1.2i nova...... easy way to spot the corect part is THREE bolts holding it on where as injection models have TWO

Aragorn
28-12-02, 07:03 PM
um, i like that :D

will that airbox fit a weber 32/34??

if it does im guessing u still wont get the "induction roar" since its the actual injection system thats making that sound and not the air filter

it would probably sound just like a K&n bolt on filter right?

Ste_Nova
28-12-02, 07:17 PM
bonnet clearance will be a prob with the 32/34 .... the advantage is you can get colder air cause the filter can be away fron the engine

Aragorn
28-12-02, 07:49 PM
so the box will fit the 32/34?

it looks like that cavvy box is smaller than teh normal frying pan right?

so u think that box would clear the bonnet?

mix n match
28-12-02, 09:30 PM
that is a 32/34 in that pic with what looks to me like a cav 1.6 air box and pipe, i can see the vac unit for the 2nd choke, the camshaft driven fuel pump and the auto choke heat exchanger.
easy to find in most scrap yards for a few quid.

Aragorn
28-12-02, 09:50 PM
schweet so thats a 32/34 - ive never seen one before

ideal - i'll defo be doing that to mine once i get the carb :)

can anyone confirm on the sound?

mikeoxford
29-12-02, 10:45 PM
im glad i found that picture

i would put money on the fact it is a weber as you quite rightly say

i would also have a firm bet it will go under the bonnet i know the 3234 sits a bit higher, but i used to get a frying pan on it ok.

gonna buy the parts and have a stab at it anyway myself.

just out of curioisty like. sell it all complete then ne way.

Aragorn
30-12-02, 12:44 AM
heh cool

so you'll have it all pre-assembled for me then :D

u got a spare cone filter to go on or will i 'ave to be looking for one

thanks

Ste_Nova
30-12-02, 12:12 PM
thats a perburg 2e3 with an autochoke.. not a 32/34 here is a pic of an engine with a 32/34
http://www.novaload.net/files/kev/steshouse/15engine.jpg

mikeoxford
30-12-02, 12:26 PM
so would the setup still fit together and assemble up onto a 32 34?

i mean physically will the parts still go together

i still doubt the clearence issue would be a problem - but theres and excuse for a bonnet vent or raised bulge etc or summat!

dave.gsi
30-12-02, 12:42 PM
ste-sa...........the doorman. lol

Ste_Nova
30-12-02, 12:50 PM
i'll try it and see but i'll have to order some parts for my webber first

mikeoxford
30-12-02, 12:55 PM
lol yeah seen a similar pic before!!!!

is that the amount of novas he has got through or is he expecting extreme weather conditions next year!? :lol:

Aragorn
30-12-02, 01:58 PM
hrm ok then thats put a light damper on my plan :o

but i think if you say a pancake has fitted onto the weber 32/34 then that box will also fit since it looks slimmer

i assume the mounting interface is the same on both the 2e3 and the 32/34?

Ste_Nova
30-12-02, 02:40 PM
yes the box will fit the 32/34 but it will need the mounting kit that is listed for the 1.8 cav in the webber parts manual that cones with the carb..... as for the height look how thin the k&n is on my engine

as for the doors..... don't ask there are another 4 in there now!!

Jim
30-12-02, 02:46 PM
gonna buy the parts and have a stab at it anyway myself.

Mike, I thought you had twin carbs? Why would you want to do this modification when you have twin carbs? :?

Jim

Matt Finary
30-12-02, 02:50 PM
Ste what is with so many doors? I only have 2 and they are going on the flying machine.(mind you I have got two engines, 3 tailgates, 10 alloys and now a mark 2 astra at mine and another nova on the way :roll: )

Matt :)

Ste_Nova
30-12-02, 03:53 PM
only cause the doors are too big to go through the hatch in the roof and are too messy to have in the house.... i've got 3 interiors in my bedroom!!!

Aragorn
30-12-02, 04:43 PM
the cavvy box doesnt look any bigger than the k&n and its defo smaller than the pancake which mike says he had fitted to it fine

mikeoxford
30-12-02, 07:13 PM
yep

can confirm the dustbin lid does fit on a 32 34, and i would put money on the fact this will work

yes i do have 40s jim - but i just like to experiment, like to try new things too HAHAHAHA that sounds gay

erm

duno just like to play with new things - ooeeerrr this is gettin worse.

im thinking of a second project and if i can do it - that mod will be a minter, ittl look the part anyway

mikeoxford
30-12-02, 07:14 PM
lol @ all the interiors in your bedroom!!!

why so many doors though ste? do u no something about the weather for next year we dont?

or r you hoping to contirbute to the metal funds when we have a national shortage of metal to make bombs for iraq :twisted: