PDA

View Full Version : Need a new shell

Ben Ritchie
27-12-02, 06:13 PM
Hey Guys,
i was wondering if anyone cud help me or give me some advice on gettin a new shell. i want to get a shell and put new doors,new wings,everything basically so i have a mint car but i aint sure how to go about it. do i just look for a cheap nova completely strip it and start from there or i dont know i am open to suggestions. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Ric 16v
27-12-02, 06:20 PM
you will have to find a cheap nova, strip it and re-build it, but make sure it's not rotten or starting to rot or you will have some problems, I want to do a project nova based on an SRi so all the fuel lines, tank etc is allready there for a bigger engine but I'm only 17 so not at the moment :( :( :( :( :( :( maybe next year

Ben (lurk75)
28-12-02, 07:01 AM
Colin on www.novarally.co.uk has two mnt shells for sale at the moment or try Iain on www.motorsportdirect.co.uk he has normally got a few kicking round!
Easy when you know how and im in Thailand :lol:

Ben Ritchie
28-12-02, 06:29 PM
tried colin and his shells have been sold FCUK!!! is there any other websites you can think of?

Will
29-12-02, 03:59 PM
ben i might have a shell for sale soon, not sure wots going on with it yet, but i need to sort sumthing as i have a no ?s :(

Ben Ritchie
29-12-02, 04:16 PM
wot kind of shell is it mate?

carltoncrazy
01-01-03, 01:27 PM
but make sure it's not rotten or starting to rot or you will have some problems,
errrrrrr waky waky,
go put the keatle on and shut it,
the chances of you finding a MINT with any rust nova,cheaply is as close to 0 as ya can get.
if its a lil rotted,why does it matter?arches can be replaces,doors innner wings etc,front ends can be sorted.
bob selling his sr for 600 and thats a nice motor from what ive heard.
if i was you this is what id do,get ya local paper,and look for part x`s,ya get a e-g reg 1.2 3dr hatch for about 300,yeh the doors will be fucked,but the chances are the arches will only need minor work.
im rebuilding a rooteen mk1 sr,total fucked boot,but its cheaper than every one thinks,
lets say the money il spend on this car,inc repreys,if i ever sold it il make a profit.
so dont look for a MINT,look for a good condition,unless ya spending over 800 ya wont get a rust free one

Anton
01-01-03, 04:15 PM
I may need one as well soon :cry:

Chris LR
01-01-03, 04:49 PM
It looks like I'm going away from Novas for a while. I've been thinking long and hard.

I'll sell my SR complete in about May/June. :cry:
I'll buy either a 106 or Landy, depending on a job offer in Wales! :o
I'd like to come back to Novas at some point, either a Standard SR and/or something crazy with a minimum of 2.5 litres and 6 cylinders. :twisted: :twisted:

carltoncrazy
01-01-03, 05:17 PM
sr-land rover,
chris i went from range rover 2 nova,
as long as it aint a lightweight,or series1-3 ya fine,(sound proofing and the national speed limit isnt avaible on these models. :lol:
go get a carlton,gsi beat the living shit outa any nova around

jon_boy
01-01-03, 05:23 PM
on the subject of cheap shells, colin smith HAD one that had all the rust taken out, stripped of all paint and recoated in redoxide primer ready for painting, chip proof paint on the underneath, de-guttered roof, rolled arches and some other bits. it was mint. and i believe it went for just over 300 quid. so it may be worth waitin. im not saying these things are common though, im lookin myself. but go to www.motorsportdirect.co.uk and look under shell and ancillaries for nova and corsa. there are a few there :D

Ben Ritchie
01-01-03, 07:43 PM
cheers for all the help guys i have got a shell now. i managed to get a 1.2 g reg nova for ?50. my bro bought it off his girlfriend and he is using it as a winter car at the moment but when the end of april comes its mine. thanks again for all the advice

brian
01-01-03, 09:52 PM
the chances of you finding a MINT with any rust nova,cheaply is as close to 0 as ya can get.

thats not true in southern Ireland. due to the fact that our roads get less grit during frost (too mean!) and never get salted. so our cars are less likely to get rusty.
Vaux never sold SR/GTE/GSi's in the south so all these came from northern Ireland and Wales/England and like you said rust is a big problem.
Anyway here a standard Opel Corsa can be bought completely spotless of rust. its brilliant. My wide arch Nova was once a 1.2 Opel corsa!!
I have 3 shells at the moment all of which are like new when stripped down! 8)

Ben Ritchie
02-01-03, 01:00 AM
brian the car i am buying has little bits of rot here and there and the only reason i was buying it is cuz i am gonna get it for ?50 but if you have a mint condition one i would be very interested. send me a pm with some prices and info about the shells please and pics if you had. cheers m8. :D

brian
02-01-03, 07:44 PM
no problem ben. not being funny or anything but you do know i'm on about south Ireland don't ya.
basically at the moment one "92 shell im preparing for my next road car as the wide arch one is soon headin for the stages.
the second is being put together for a local guy.
The third one ill show ya pics of when i get it. its currently in use as either a "92 or "93 1.0L.

Ben Ritchie
02-01-03, 09:58 PM
i am being deadly serious brian. i am wantin a mint shell andif you have one i will easy pay for it to get delivered over to scotland m8. well as soon as you get pics cud you send them my way m8 would be greatly appreciated.

brian
03-01-03, 07:36 PM
no prob. leave it with me.