PDA

View Full Version : Pedal Removal

MARTIN KELSON
17-02-09, 10:38 PM
Hello,

I want to remove my pedals and get them powder coated whilst its all in bits.

Throttle pedal easy enough to get off but the brake and clutch are connected to that 'cradle' thing so how do i get them off without taking it all out?

Had a quick look tonight but really wasnt in the mood to start messing so if anyone can assist i would be grateful.

Cheers

Martin

fearless
17-02-09, 11:03 PM
http://www.makitatools.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/generic-angle-grinder-image.jpg

MARTIN KELSON
17-02-09, 11:12 PM
Thanks for that Dave!!

Your knowledge of all things Nova must be slipping. How long is it since you last worked on one???

fearless
17-02-09, 11:21 PM
Saturday !!!! Ended up taking this off !!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fearlessmotorsport/140209008.jpg

Using the above tool !!!!!!!

keithrg
17-02-09, 11:37 PM
I gave up trying to take mine out, Couldent sus it thing you have to undo bolts on bulk head from within the engne bay.

bmw156
17-02-09, 11:45 PM
nah i think its easy enough,. the hard bit is getting it all back togetehr properly. bit of a puzzle. there are some hard to get to bolts, probs 13mm iirc. use a long extension and reach them fine. deffo easier if dash it out.

good luck

AlexW
18-02-09, 12:22 AM
Its piss easy, done it a couple of times myself.

You may find it easyer to get the dash/heater out if you havnt already, but i belive it is possible with the dash etc in place.. Its a case of unbolting all the 13mm's with a long extension (I used one that was bout 3foot long) and then pulling it all out in one piece if you can.

Should be 4 bolts on the back of the servo mounting (which will fall) and then 3 on the back of the black plate which is visable from the engine bay, and then 2 bolts where the cluch cable is. and then finaly about 2 or 3 that go upwards into the scuttle.

Have fun.

tom_beverley
18-02-09, 08:40 AM
Going to say it can be unbolted as I've done mine (with dash in place - undertray removed). Can't remember where all the bolts are but the above comment sounds pretty accurate and its very possible with a little working out.

Shaun_O'Donnell
18-02-09, 08:45 AM
I want to remove my pedals and get them powder coated

Can I be nosey and ask why you want to do this?

MARTIN KELSON
18-02-09, 07:10 PM
Can I be nosey and ask why you want to do this?

Because i like everything on my Nova to look as good as i can get it!!!

As its in bits & dash out etc, now the time to do them.

I can see by the comments above thats how to remove the whole pedal assy.
When that is of how do i then remove the actual pedals so i can take them to the powder coaters?

Maybe take a pic later as a picture may explain better.

As for you Mr France,
Well done i know now how can re-skin my roof next rebuild to remove sunroof!!

When you finally cant a 'projects' thread any this mystery car your allegedly building??

Martin

AlexW
18-02-09, 07:19 PM
To remove just the brake/clutch pedal is is much easyer just to remove it all, and then you could redo all that too lol

But its a case of unbolting the drivers side one, not sure how to do it, but i think your have to unbolt it on the clutch side.