PDA

View Full Version : Whats this worth........

Spudly
17-02-09, 08:37 PM
Err my mates selling this and im tempted to buy it off him but i think he is asking too much for it so thought id ask on here what others would be willing to pay.......

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Random%20stuff/DSC02640.jpg

Jack
17-02-09, 08:39 PM
£49.99

Dod
17-02-09, 08:39 PM
I dont get it.

Mike
17-02-09, 08:40 PM
Are £50 notes even legal UK tender anymore? I imagine there are but on an exchange basis only at a bank?

Tommy_nova
its worth 50 quid lol

Sloth
ill give ya £49.99 and a penny.

Lynsey
I'd give him a slap.

Spudly
17-02-09, 08:41 PM
Are £50 notes even legal UK tender anymore? I imagine there are but on an exchange basis only at a bank?

Yeah theyre little used so i cant see any reason as to them being phased out, second one in about two months we have seen lol

Jack
I've used a few.

Scottish notes are the amusing ones. Handing them over to saturday till mugwumps who look at it like you just gave them a $1,000,000 russian dib dob note

Lynsey
No Mike, they are fully legal. We take them at work all the time. People even come in for a coffee and get £48.20 change lol

Many places are unwilling to take them though.

NovaBoi92
17-02-09, 08:42 PM
ill give you a a tenner and a half eaten packet of crisps for it.

Mike
17-02-09, 08:42 PM
I once bought a pint of coke no ice with a £50 note lol

Mike
17-02-09, 08:43 PM
No Mike, they are fully legal. We take them at work all the time. People even come in for a coffee and get £48.20 change lol

Many places are unwilling to take them though.

Yes, but where you live Lynz people drive Rari's with poodle's in the passenger seat lol lol

stevie-p
17-02-09, 08:44 PM
we take them at work too one woman gave a load over its all she ever pays with but you cant expect anymore from her

Novasport
17-02-09, 08:47 PM
Err my mates selling this and im tempted to buy it off him but i think he is asking too much for it so thought id ask on here what others would be willing to pay.......

http://notnews.today.com/files/2008/11/fifty-quid-osama-bin-windsor-mountbatten.jpg

Dunno about you guys but that looks a bit dodgy to me :wtf:

Lynsey
17-02-09, 08:47 PM
Yes, but where you live Lynz people drive Rari's with poodle's in the passenger seat lol lol

Which is why I can't wait to get the Nova back out and bring their house prices down even more. In this town, it's enough to cause a recession all by itself lol

Oh and my work is up the road, a mile from where Shameless is recorded. There are actually people like that in Wythenshaw, I work with a few like them lol

MattBrown
17-02-09, 08:48 PM
Theyre legal, we take them with bike/car dealings, rather not though, as if you get landed with a fake its harder to shift them on!

Mike
17-02-09, 08:49 PM
^ lol @ a Nova causing a recession! Nova's are the only thing keeping eBay sellers afloat lol lol

There used to be a lot of them in Congleton. That white GSi your mate bought ages ago, I know the guy who used to own it, he works at Silk's :D

Spudly
17-02-09, 08:49 PM
Theyre legal, we take them with bike/car dealings, rather not though, as if you get landed with a fake its harder to shift them on!

Also illegal to pass on a fake knowingly!

Dave.
17-02-09, 08:50 PM
they stopped taking them in alot fo shops round our was as their were some lads maijng 100's of copies of them

ive had 4 in the past efw months lol, just get rid as soon as i can

MattBrown
17-02-09, 08:51 PM
they stopped taking them in alot fo shops round our was as their were some lads maijng 100's of copies of them

ive had 4 in the past efw months lol, just get rid as soon as i can

Thats the problem, there always some sh!t head who wants a little more, and doesnt want to work for it!

Gashgusher
17-02-09, 08:52 PM
£50s are the easiest to forge, coz theyre the oldest design and you dont see em everyday so dont know what to look for. Theres a lil red triangle with a "50" in middle at bottom thats printed in special ink that never dries 100% (on a real one) so jus rub it hard on some paper to check its real

shimples!

Stuart
17-02-09, 08:52 PM
its actually, as an object, worth nothing....

Lynsey
17-02-09, 08:53 PM
^ lol @ a Nova causing a recession! Nova's are the only thing keeping eBay sellers afloat lol lol

There used to be a lot of them in Congleton. That white GSi your mate bought ages ago, I know the guy who used to own it, he works at Silk's :D

Does he still work there?

I had the seats out of that, bent them in my crash though :( they were mint and free, I was gutted.

Ben Dooda off here is from Biddulph, he used to have 6/7 mates in Congleton with Novas. Us posh Wilmslow lot used to drive up (about another 6 Novas) to meet them and spent a lot of time around there.

Spudly
17-02-09, 08:54 PM
its actually, as an object, worth nothing....

Was waiting for that reply, ten points bud:thumb:

muzzy
17-02-09, 08:56 PM
I've used a few.

Scottish notes are the amusing ones. Handing them over to saturday till mugwumps who look at it like you just gave them a $1,000,000 russian dib dob note

What a nightmare of a time i had down in England trying to pay for things with Scottish notes, it was unreal the fuss they made about it lol

Mike
17-02-09, 08:58 PM
Does he still work there?

I had the seats out of that, bent them in my crash though :( they were mint and free, I was gutted.

Ben Dooda off here is from Biddulph, he used to have 6/7 mates in Congleton with Novas. Us posh Wilmslow lot used to drive up (about another 6 Novas) to meet them and spent a lot of time around there.

Yep, still works there lol he spent a sheetload of money on that white GSi you know!! He bought when it about 2 years old aswell lol

I was up Congleton ages ago in my old Corsa, saw a fleet of Nova on the Shell/McD's car park, sure one of them was Ben Doodar of here? That yellow Evo still always park behind Shell lol ?

Sloth
pics or gtfo lynz, i love shameless

Stuart
What a nightmare of a time i had down in England trying to pay for things with Scottish notes, it was unreal the fuss they made about it lol

I refuse scroatish money as change in shops lol

Mike
17-02-09, 09:00 PM
I refuse scroatish money as change in shops lol

Same as buying thins with Irish notes lol I had £1k worth of Irish £20's, the hassle i had with that lot lol

Dod
I still dont get it.

Lynsey
I've got a lucky Scottish £10 in my purse from the first time I visited. It's sitting there behind a pic of my lovely haggis. I hopefully won't EVER be so skint I have to spend it, that day might come though.

muzzy
17-02-09, 09:01 PM
:p i take all money

Lynsey
17-02-09, 09:03 PM
Mike- it was a good one. I'm suprised he let it go so cheaply, especially as he worked 'in the trade' and in a Vauxhall garage FFS.

I know the Evo but I've not been there for a good while, that was always there with the orange streetlights beaming off it lol

Could have been Ben, he lives 2 mins down the road and he's partial to a good McD's ;)

John
17-02-09, 09:08 PM
Yep, still works there lol he spent a sheetload of money on that white GSi you know!! He bought when it about 2 years old aswell lol

I was up Congleton ages ago in my old Corsa, saw a fleet of Nova on the Shell/McD's car park, sure one of them was Ben Doodar of here? That yellow Evo still always park behind Shell lol ?

Sylks in now grasmere, what's the chaps name?

Mike
17-02-09, 09:17 PM
Mike- it was a good one. I'm suprised he let it go so cheaply, especially as he worked 'in the trade' and in a Vauxhall garage FFS.

I know the Evo but I've not been there for a good while, that was always there with the orange streetlights beaming off it lol

Could have been Ben, he lives 2 mins down the road and he's partial to a good McD's ;)

Small world then lol my Ex missus lives right by Silk's (Grasmere's) His GSi was uber mint, ive seen some pics of it circa mid 90's complete with old Skool TSW rims lol

The Evo was lovley, always there on a Sunday night when i was going back home for work on Monday lol

Sylks in now grasmere, what's the chaps name?

John, TBH Ive never know his name, Ive met him sheetloads of times but never caught his name lol my Ex gets her car serviced there by him, she's known him years like so he'd come round now & again.

His "nickname" is Roley though IIRC.

nova_saloon
17-02-09, 09:22 PM
i work on a till and ive been accepting, them and theres loads of ways of checking them oviously the water mark in the oval shape the red triangle should be able to be rubbed off on paper the bit that says bank of england should be lump and if you really aint sure then try and tear thje metal strip through it and its hsouldnt rip and theres more

Lynsey
17-02-09, 09:43 PM
My ex-mate bought the TSWs off the GSi. He paid £250 for them and towed the Nova back as part of the deal, that's more than they paid for the car lol

Mike
17-02-09, 09:44 PM
My ex-mate bought the TSWs off the GSi. He paid £250 for them and towed the Nova back as part of the deal, that's more than they paid for the car lol

LMFAO!! That GSi owed him about £1.5k lol excluding the £5k or so he paid for it lol lol lol