PDA

View Full Version : Its all fukked

Andy
16-02-09, 03:49 PM
Ive just been to an interview at my local dole office,they say they will pay for me to go on certain courses etc to better my chances of finding a job.They also said that if i get an interview which is quite far away they will contribute to fuel costs aswell.BUT they said my claim will take 2 weeks at least to process,during which time i cant get no housing benefit because they dont pay a bean until dole give their decision on what amount they will pay us.I asked what happens when my rent goes out of my bank account but doesnt go out because theres no money in there? She just shrugged her shoulders at me.I explained i was there to simply do what i had to do to get some money and that i wasnt there to make a career out of benefits.
Anybody else had to wait ages? or in a situation similar to myself;ie sh!t street?
They are the most patronising and unhelpful people there is

burgo
16-02-09, 03:52 PM
they will back date it to the original date of the claim even tho it takes a few weeks to go through the system. the only thing you can really do is phone your landlord and explain the situation and hope they understand

Sloth
16-02-09, 03:52 PM
andy, get a crisis loan mate, your a prime one fer one dude. im in a similar boat matey, so i know what its like.

Jack
16-02-09, 03:54 PM
Hmm, I'd be dubious about taking a loan when you have minimal income. I can imagine the interest would be shocking

they will back date it to the original date of the claim even tho it takes a few weeks to go through the system.
Thats no good if you have to wait two weeks to get the money in though :(

burgo
16-02-09, 03:56 PM
well yes i know but ive found creditors or whatever are quite understanding if your straight with them and keep them upto date

Andy
16-02-09, 03:56 PM
Yeah its backdated,they wont give me a crisis loan because i got my last wage on Friday,maybe nearer the time the rent goes out 15/3 they might do...
Rob you live at home with no dependent minors therefore not even in the same ocean of **** never mind the same boat

Andy
16-02-09, 03:57 PM
jack the crisis loans are from them and are interest free mate

boyle_46
16-02-09, 03:58 PM
It sucks mate im in the same position , got laid off in december and cant find a job in my field at all seems all engineering companys are suffering , im still waiting on my initial interview , need to pay the rent , fix the car and pay insurance with a measily 90 quid a fourtnight , as said apply for a crisis loan ASAP .

dave.gsi
16-02-09, 03:59 PM
yes, they are major gayers in the dole office, they don't know their ar.se from their elbow. thats one of the reasons i didn't bother signing on when work died over xmas, by the time they'd sorted out everything i'd be back to work.

i found the best course of action was to start dealing crack............

or failing that, ask your mum/dad/brother/girlfriend for some cash to tie you over

Sloth
16-02-09, 04:01 PM
its 0% jack, you just pay the amount. they take a fiver a month or similar.

no offence andy but i have a decent amount of bills bud, and ive grown up in a family where cash was very tight matey. i know its not the same, but i can see ya point.

draper
16-02-09, 04:13 PM
pimping FTW

Stuart
16-02-09, 06:20 PM
Looks like a CV is going to be handy thing now huh Andy....

Andy
16-02-09, 06:31 PM
Looks like a CV is going to be handy thing now huh Andy....
Yes i know lol
Even though there is currently no jobs to apply for though:cry:
Im going to enquire about these courses etc,see what they have to offer while i have the time

jimbob-mcgrew
16-02-09, 06:50 PM
yeh is crap mate, hopefully u can survive.
got a tip for u on the food front :

beans on toast / soup & bread
tesco value vegetable soup = 17p
tesco value tomato soup = 17p
tesco value baked beans = 29p
tesco value loaf of bread = will kill you (take the next best @ about 80p)
small tub of cheap wanna be butter olive spread = 60p ish

^that combo with 2 slices of bread to a tin (8 tins per loaf ratio) will keep you alive if sh1t gets outta hand

Andy
16-02-09, 06:55 PM
Aye unfortunately tesco dont do tesco value nappies or milk lol

jimbob-mcgrew
16-02-09, 07:05 PM
agh.. you dont still sh1t the bed do ya mate ? lol

nappies are fcuking daylight robbery

Andy
16-02-09, 07:06 PM
lol

robertdevlin69
16-02-09, 07:23 PM
consider yourself lucky andy,im out of work now about three months cant get a job anywere,the company i used to work for were deducting money from my wages for tax etc....i went to sign on the dole and was told i couldnt as my last employer never payed my contributions,i was onto the revenue commissioner and its going to court but not for another 8 months,so till the i wont get a penny

Stuart
16-02-09, 07:51 PM
Aye unfortunately tesco dont do tesco value nappies

they do actually lol

Sloth
16-02-09, 07:55 PM
i was gonna say..../\

Andy
16-02-09, 09:12 PM
they do actually lol
You have got to be joking?! What are they like? a piece of kitchen roll and a bit of sellotape? lol

Spudly
16-02-09, 09:15 PM
You have got to be joking?! What are they like? a piece of kitchen roll and a bit of sellotape? lol

Nah theyre the carrier bags you bring ya shopping home in lol

Stuart
17-02-09, 09:30 AM
No idea.... the other half wont let me get them even for a laugh.

You could always let the kids go free range and poop anywhere :D

dj_wudgey
17-02-09, 10:59 AM
They are the most patronising and unhelpful people there is

i could have told you that matey they are useless!!!

kelbelle
17-02-09, 11:43 AM
Anyone working in that kind of sector are retards! :mad:

When my parents divorced they sorted out maintenance payments for me and my siblings by themselves and were happy but then CSA got involved even though they didnt ask them to. CSA decided my dad want paying my mum enough and demanded more off him which he refused to pay so they started automatically taking it out of his wage packet without his permission.
But then the money was getting lost in the system and my mum wasnt paid anything for 6 months, It wasnt until I wrote them a letter for my mum threatening legal action that they miraculously found the £1000 or so they owed her!

Now my mum and dad dont talk as much because my dad thinks my mum instigated their involvement and my mum hasnt seen any money from my dad in 3 years! :mad:

Psssh Idiots!

Welsh Dan
17-02-09, 12:40 PM

<snip>

Psssh Idiots!

F*** off! The systems are stupid, and there are some idiots in there the same as everything else. My mum works in the pensions office, her and her colleagues are far from idiots!

Jack
17-02-09, 02:27 PM
Have you ever worked in the civil service? After making a comment like that, I doubt it. Even the most capable of staff are tied down by moronic rules and regulations because the government is so scared of you retard mugwumps trying to sue them over the smallest thing, we get dumped on by having to do everything thousands of times and fill in miles of paperwork even to scratch our asses.

Andy
17-02-09, 03:20 PM
Agreed,the staff arent retards,its the stuff they are told to do as pointed out above.
I once got a crisis loan last year and they ask you a series of questions about your financial state etc
1 of the questions asked was "What do you need shopping for?"
Another classic was "What will happen if your 6month old daughter doesnt get new nappies or toiletries,what will happen if she doesnt get her milk or food?"
I kid you not.I was shocked that common sense amongst them is absolutely non existent.The staff merely read from computers and tick the relevant boxes.Whoever makes their rules and questions up IS the Retards not them.

kelbelle
17-02-09, 08:00 PM
ok ok so the system is ****ed not the people, im sorry i was mistaken

But the system is so pissing frustrating! Everything is slow (as some of you are finding although i guess its overworked atm with everyone losing their jobs). I give them details for something and 2 weeks later their asking for them again! Why dont they keep them on file? One minute their giving us money, the next their telling us they've given us too much and they want it back when we dont have it to give. And they take money from others but it doesnt get to the poeple its supposed to be for?

And i only threatened legal action because we dont have much money as it is and to be shafted out of 6 months/nearly a £1000 is a lot of money for anyone. My mum had been writing to them for 6 months with no reponse so it was a last resort. We couldnt survive much longer without the money

Again, apologise to the insulted

Andy
18-02-09, 10:17 PM
*UPDATE*
Been told today our tax credits have been stopped until April 14th.Marvelous,we were expecting £400 on Tuesday off them and they say we arent getting that now.So when we get my mrs 16 hr wages next friday we somehow have to pay ALL our outgoings,rent food,insurance etc On £300 or therabouts.Our rent alone is £535.So basically we are well and truly fukked until Jsa decide what we are entitled to as Housing and council tax benefit is determined on what Jsa pays.
Ffs what next? Theres loads of people in similar positions like me and imo not enough is being done to help people.Im sorry to say but for too long our benefit budget has been milked by illegal immigrants who probably claim under 3 different names,and the government does everything it can to support them so why cant it support the hard working families who for years have paid tax and NI? When instead they help those who contribute nothing to this country and just laugh at us

Jack
18-02-09, 10:23 PM
http://www.politics.co.uk/photo/stay-at-home-labour-voters-play-into-bnp-hands-$7012886$300.jpg

Sloth
18-02-09, 10:25 PM
its the answer tbh/\

andy, do the same, scam the sh!ts.

Andy
18-02-09, 10:30 PM
its the answer tbh/\

andy, do the same, scam the sh!ts.
Believe me mate just getting what im entitled to would make me happy enough.