PDA

View Full Version : Elephant trekking on boxing day!!!

Ben (lurk75)
27-12-02, 05:45 AM
Well today xmas is all over for us as we are back on the bus and travelling to the south to meet up with my brother for my birthday (new years eve) :wink:

Yesterday we went elephant trekking, we left the guesthouse at about 8ish and drove for an hour into the mountains where we found out elephant, we clibmed on and were taken up further into the mountains for another hour. It is a weird experience sitting on an elephant they are so bloody slow. The daft thing didnt want to follow the normal paths and decided to just knock over a few tress and make his own, with us still on his back.

After the hour on the elephant our local guide took us to two different hill tribes that live in mud huts in the jungle. they eat just about anything including dogs! it is quite funny as they all wear tribal clothes, hunt with crossbows and live in the huts with a brands new toyota 4x4 parked out the front!

After the visit to the tribes they took us for a drive around stopped and gave us some food. Then we went rafting on some Bamboo rafts for miles, the bloody thing sank when i sat on it and all the blokes laughed there tits off, so they had to go and get a bigger one! After about an hour on the raft (now soaking wet) the bloke in charge of the raft said you must get off walk throught the jungle and meet him in a bit as there is a waterfall coming up! as we were getting out the raft i sliced my foot on a sodding rock in the water, god knows what diseases they have got living in that river. But it hasnt turned green today so thats ok.

Time is going so fats we have been away for 12 weeks now and have only got 3 left. the money is lasting ok but we have still got loads to do. Only two more countires to go to though and one of those being Bali! But have spoke to may people who have been since the bombing and they say is very good still, we will find out soon!

The w*nker that is supposed to have been sorting my car out whilst i have been away hasnt done bugger all so i havent even got that to look forward to when i come home, is there anyone out there who can save my car from being broken up :?: :?:

Laters people............