PDA

View Full Version : Easybleed owners, please help!!

Dod
16-02-09, 11:44 AM
Ok, I used it on Saturday to bleed the brakes on my Cav (rear discs) and it flipped the seals in the Master Cylinder. Now I have changed it and am ready to bleed it now.

From reading the instructions I:

.Fit the Hose equipped cap to my Brake Resivwar (sp)
.Fill the Easy Bleed Bottle and cap it
.Open whichever bleed valve I want to do first. (Is there any particular way or order in which they should be done?)
.Attatch the Air hose to a spare wheel
.Allow the fluid to pass through until there is no more bubbles and it runs clear

Should I: Pump the brakes out before I fit the easy bleed kit to drive all the air to the bleed valves first?

In the previous case, the fluid wouldnt run from the bleed valve even though there was plenty of fluid in the resivwar (FFS, I cant spell) and in the easy bleed bottle.

Am I doing it right?

burgo
16-02-09, 11:50 AM
reservoir :thumb:

also you start at the furthest from the MC. so driver side rear, passenger side rear, drivers side front and the passenger side front.

as for why it didnt work i dunno but i always recommend to do it manually

Dod
16-02-09, 11:51 AM
Thats what I needed to hear mate. Thank you!!

Dar
16-02-09, 11:58 AM
I find the easybleed kit a right PITA!

I found that the first thing you need to do is make sure that the tyre dosen't have alot of pressure in it or you get fluid everywhere. Secondly because the system keeps you fluid reservoir full, after you have finished you have to find a way to drain it a bit so that you can screw the top on.

All in all it's not easy. However this is what I do when using the kit. I fill the break reservoir up and then tfit the kit with no fluid in it. I make sure that the tyre has low pressure. I can't remember what psi but 10 rings a bell. Keep an eye on the reservoir and keep topping it up.

Recently though I have bought something else that is alot simpler and easy to use. It's called 'Oneman Brake & clutch bleeding aid'. All it is, is a tube with a one way valve on the end that you put on to the brake nipple and then bleed as normal.

burgo
16-02-09, 12:02 PM
Recently though I have bought something else that is alot simpler and easy to use. It's called 'Oneman Brake & clutch bleeding aid'. All it is, is a tube with a one way valve on the end that you put on to the brake nipple and then bleed as normal.

that sounds like a much better idea. sometimes the simplist solutions are the best

GDN16v
16-02-09, 12:49 PM
I find the easybleed kit a right PITA!

I found that the first thing you need to do is make sure that the tyre dosen't have alot of pressure in it or you get fluid everywhere.

:thumb:;)

You can get one from Sealey tools for about £25 that doesnt require any air pressure and works!

Dod
16-02-09, 01:25 PM
Well I can honestly say, I'm not impressed with it.

Rich
16-02-09, 01:50 PM
Never had a problem, the problem was with the mastercylinder. Set to about 15 psi, then go open the bleed nipple until pure fluid is coming out and no air. Make sure theres plenty of fluid in the bottle as you move to the next caliper or you will fill the system with air again.

Ernie
16-02-09, 02:28 PM
i just got my mate to pump the peddle wile i undone and retightened the bleed nipple.
Much easyer.

bmw156
16-02-09, 02:46 PM
i just got my mate to pump the peddle wile i undone and retightened the bleed nipple.
Much easyer.
second that, no tools involved, ok a spanner lol

and me lol

16v Nova Kev
16-02-09, 03:16 PM
poor cnuts like me have no mates the easy bleed is our only companion lol
anyhoo last time i used one i thought is was well good