PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone help req'd!

John
15-02-09, 07:01 PM
Hi peeeps, really not into my phones tbh, but i know i'm paying £40 a month for a piece of toss phone/ service from orange.
I currently get 300 cross network mins, and 100 odd texts for that £40. (although £5 of that is insurance).

Ideally i'd like a decent nokia or sony ericson, for about £20 a month and get as many texts/calls as poss!
Would prefer to stay with orange, but can i take my number with me if i change suppliers?
what do folks have, what is there available? iirc my brother in law has just taken out a £30 a month contrct and got a free wii!
Any HELPFUL advice, greatly appreciated!

Rich
15-02-09, 07:04 PM
Just get looking (use google) to find a deal you like. Theres so many out there i got bored of looking for mine. You can get cheaper tarrifs but then you get a crap phone/less minutes. The ones that come with gifts like tvs, wii, xbox etc are usually expensive for small amounts of call time and a crap phone.

Nick J
15-02-09, 07:09 PM
John, Im also with orange currently on a dolphin 40 plan with them? But managed to get it half price at £20..... latest sony erricson, 500 cross net mins and 600 text per month plus free internet if you want it. They can be very accomadating if you choose your words carefully eg (Can I have my puk code!) Hope this helps.

Nick.

Mazz
15-02-09, 07:30 PM
I'm on a T-Mobile Flext plan (I think!). Its a bit like pay as you go, but cheaper! I pay £15 p.m for £35 worth of credit, texts are 8p and calls are 4p per minute - or something like that!

andrew1988
15-02-09, 07:41 PM
Orange deals are pretty good at the moment. I called them recently, as my contract was up, to renew. Got new phone, 20% discount. Now pay £20 a month for 400 minutes and unlimited texts. You get the magic numbers thing too so can call any orange number (has to be set up with them first) for free

bmw156
15-02-09, 07:54 PM
im on virgin, and cant fault them.
i get 750 texts and 150 mins i think. for 25 quid and a sony erricson k850i.
is an 18month contract. because of good phone.

but one good thing is that any texts and minutes you have left over get carried over. and then the next onth it starts using out of the previous month. so every month i get double my normal now. get in. and i also think that if you dont like the 750/150 deal you can swap them to one you like so take of some texts and put them on minutes.

virgin ftw

Jack
15-02-09, 08:09 PM
3k texts, internet cost capped at 75p a day no matter how much I use it, £20 a month.

No minutes but who cares, I don't call anyone lol

John
15-02-09, 08:31 PM
Orange deals are pretty good at the moment. I called them recently, as my contract was up, to renew. Got new phone, 20% discount. Now pay £20 a month for 400 minutes and unlimited texts. You get the magic numbers thing too so can call any orange number (has to be set up with them first) for free

hmm, why don't they do that for me when i ring!

andrew1988
15-02-09, 08:42 PM
hmm, why don't they do that for me when i ring!

Have a look at this

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/yourplan/additionalservices

When i called them i just kept asking for what else i could get free. They were genuinly very helpful and honest. It confused me at the time :wtf:

Andy
15-02-09, 08:50 PM
I pay £30 a month for £180 worth of credit
Thats with t mobile

Spudly
15-02-09, 08:54 PM
Im on pay as you blow on O2 and top up by £30 a month and get 12,000 free texts anytime any network and can even send mms through that aswell and get so much download from tinterwebs or something, tis perfect for me as i prefer to text rather than ring as its more discreet and less intrusive:thumb: