PDA

View Full Version : bhp increase

mattcogg
25-12-02, 07:43 PM
hi,
I've got a nova 1.4 8V engine I have just reconned the whole engine i have a twin choke weber and a 1.6 cam. Since its been out I have been wondering what would be the best way to increase bhp effectively and cheaply if that is possible. I have a set of twin 40's dellortos but have been really put off by the mpg issue also the constant retuning aspect. Also after reading total vauxhall and visiting nitrous websites I am seriously considering a nitrous kit but unsure of what size jets to use. Everyone has told me nitrous is a bad idea and blows up your engine. My final consideration is a piper or kent cam but again I don't want one that causes the car to go mental at 2000 revs. Basically I want to know what will give me a good bhp increase and still allow everyday use of the car bearing in mind I have reconned the engine and followed all the tips from your tuning guide.
Please help
:D :D :D
mattnova

brian
25-12-02, 10:28 PM
personally matt i would say keep away from the nitrous idea. it doesn't interest me anyway but i know a lot of people would recommend it.
if you put on the twin dellortos and had them set up / balanced properly they wouldn't be all that crazy on juice. :wink:

mikeoxford
26-12-02, 01:45 AM
im finding that my MPG has stayed the same since my installation of T40s

however thatll probly change in january when theyre setup correctly and also my other engine mods are done!!

mikeoxford
26-12-02, 01:45 AM
i will say that although i say my MPG has stayed the same - it was running well rich at MOT, emissions were up - so i guess i should be getting better MPG now

cornish
26-12-02, 10:56 AM
Go for a worked cylinder head if i were you, maybe blydenstein or velos.

brian
26-12-02, 06:37 PM
forgot bout that cornish, def' a Blydenstein head would be worth lookin in to. :wink: