PDA

View Full Version : Who has or who hasnt got a job at the moment ?

jayme taylor
14-02-09, 09:47 PM
Well i havent at the moment , and its crap !

~~joycey~~
14-02-09, 09:48 PM
I hav'nt, got layed off before xmas :(

Peanut_119
14-02-09, 09:48 PM
i have, its only at asda warehouse, but its 9.31 per hour and the way i see it is "everyone got to eat"

sulphur
14-02-09, 09:51 PM
Laid off before xmas, struggling to find anything in my field, or anything that pays remotely near what I need. Doesn't seem to be much going in any field really. :(

nova alex
14-02-09, 10:03 PM
got back to work after newyear for 1 week than got laid off been bord seens

M4RCM16v
14-02-09, 10:06 PM
i have, i work on an oil rig as a welder, infact im at work just now doing "paper work", really feel for people that arn't working at the mo cant be easy, good luck with your job hunting people.

Peanut_119
14-02-09, 10:07 PM
wots the pay like on the oil rigs?

M4RCM16v
14-02-09, 10:12 PM
depends on the job you do and the shifts/rota you do, some people are saliary based others day rate, its not really easy to get a job offshore if thats what your thinking about, a few company's have recantly paid off and re-deployed staff in the north sea with this "credit crunch"

Peanut_119
14-02-09, 10:17 PM
ok pal cheers

M4RCM16v
14-02-09, 10:18 PM
if you want more info just pm me peanut119

stevenf
14-02-09, 10:21 PM
im still in work at the moment. working in a warehouse distributing grains and breadmix's to british bakeries, rank hovis and warburtons :D

Peanut_119
14-02-09, 10:22 PM
thanks pal, al keep it in mind, am not sure atm

wilson_sri
14-02-09, 10:25 PM
I work as a valeter at garage selling 2nd hand vans. We have been non stop since before christmas. I have had to work the last 4 saturdays and working 3 or 4 nights a week.
Not sure why we are so busy, most car sales garages around here are dead.

stevenf
14-02-09, 10:31 PM
Not sure why we are so busy, most car sales garages around here are dead.

its probably the build up of dust that you need to clean off from them sitting so long lol :p

Emmy
14-02-09, 10:52 PM
Im a Receptionist/Finance Assistant :) for a charity who help people with disabilities back into work and help them with everyday life, its a well known charity through out Scotland.Iv been there for 3 years or so now its a great place.

Southie
14-02-09, 10:56 PM
I work as a graphic designer and have been working with the same company for nearly ten years. It's great :D

imnobby
14-02-09, 11:15 PM
i have work for the police!! looks like ill aways have a job :)

Sloth
14-02-09, 11:21 PM
im out of work since nov, theres nothing up here, it dead. im either emigrating or setting up on my own

jayme taylor
14-02-09, 11:24 PM
im out of work since nov, theres nothing up here, it dead. im either emigrating or setting up on my own

Same here no work around here , me and the missis are thinking of emigrating , looks like the best thing to do at the moment imo

Sloth
14-02-09, 11:27 PM
aye its crap, 20,000 laid off in hull in 3 months. lots of caravan firms here, so big losses. im thinking canada tbh.

jayme taylor
14-02-09, 11:39 PM
The missis wants to go and live in africa, but would have to ship my nova over there aswell lol

brainsnova
14-02-09, 11:57 PM
i havent had a proper job since 2005 lol and its ****in great.

Joe Richardson
15-02-09, 12:03 AM
still in my apprenticeship,Just hope i can see it through now till the end:)

Emmy
15-02-09, 12:08 AM
All the best with the apprenticeship Joe :thumb:

Joe Richardson
15-02-09, 12:14 AM
All the best with the apprenticeship Joe :thumb:

Thanks,im in my second year now,but with the current climate anything could be round the corner:(

Emmy
15-02-09, 12:16 AM
Thanks,im in my second year now,but with the current climate anything could be round the corner:(

Your welcome try and not think to much about that and carry on with the good job you are doing :thumb:

Joe Richardson
15-02-09, 12:17 AM
Your welcome try and not think to much about that and carry on with the good job you are doing :thumb:

cheers:thumb:

Jack
15-02-09, 12:33 AM
MOD, pretty safe tbh. Only threat is outsourcing in a year or so's time, but I could just transfer elsewhere in the MOD if I wanted to stay in. Would probably end up doing "business management" or somesuch toss though, which, annoyingly, there are loads of in the MOD. FOI request, abbey wood C grade staff, gardening leave :thumb:

The MOD are chucking out all their IT (ok, its other technical professions too, but mostly IT) staff to external industry, who will charge them for the work we currently do. I could sit here and tell you exactly how badly the MOD fritter away your tax monies, the incompetence of various management staff, the sheer idiocy of various processes etc. But I'm not allowed to. Ho hum. FOI request, EHUDS costing and usage :thumb:

draper
15-02-09, 12:53 AM
i has job

dougie_boi
15-02-09, 01:23 AM
currently out of work got piad off from vauxhall in october 08 if ive not got a job by june then im setting up on my own :thumb:

Saloony
15-02-09, 01:25 AM
Me.. im working, have my own business and single handedly sticking 2 fingers up to Mr Brown and the crumbling economy.

NovaLad
15-02-09, 01:37 AM
Laid off before crimbo...
No work anywhere! it's ****e!

Spudly
15-02-09, 10:47 AM
Im still in work at a renault maindealers but we have had redundancies so are using the existing staff to cover the empty jobs so even though im a partsman im the dumbass that has to leather off all thrityfive pitch cars every morning tis uber depressing and after reading this my hourly rate is half what other peopls are on working in a warehouse:(

Jay
15-02-09, 10:51 AM
I work at a fast fit garage, have done for 2 and a half years now, pays good too :)

mowgli
15-02-09, 11:00 AM
I work in a groundwork contracting firm. my brother is my boss. we have got some work, but thankfully, we never stuck to the whole housebuilding thing, we do industrial/agricultural etc. we also do maintenance work for local large organisations (councils/home office etc) & they always have some funds to get rid of in march, so things are ok at the moment...
we also have our own workshop facilities & are starting up doing horsebox maintenance (the local big firm went bust having run off with loads of money), as we have run lorries in our family for the last 40+ years, we are doing servicing, maintenance checks, pre-mot work etc. so if the building stops, there is always the workshop..

MattBrown
15-02-09, 11:11 AM
I do have a job thank god!

Apprentice engineer for upm shotton paper mills

Im just counting my lucky stars to have one

Matt

Andy
15-02-09, 11:38 AM
I got layed off a fortnight ago.
Ive been layed off from 4 jobs in 12 months.Its very worrying,the last 2 jobs were almost £100 down from my normal weekly income aswell.I now have to wait 10 days to see what benefits we are entitled to.Dont they realise rent/bills food shopping still has to be paid for?
Theres nothing round here its a sh1thole,im registered with agencies and check websites twice a day,ring round-FUKK ALL

John
15-02-09, 11:38 AM
I have............ just!

BIGS
15-02-09, 11:46 AM
I havent worked for over a year now lol

dj_wudgey
15-02-09, 11:59 AM
i havent got a job at the moment!! and i dont really care lol i used to be a mechanic and ive worked in a few fast fit garages but i fooking got to hate fixing other peoples cars dont mind doing mine but i now loath fixing other c*nts cars. but all this ended when i got vibration white finger cant use vibrating tools no more and i have a bad back so god knows what job ill do next!!! but im claiming so my sr will be mint as fook soon!! and hopefully im going to college soon to learn how to fix computers or to do something with computers!!!

Jack
15-02-09, 12:19 PM
and hopefully im going to college soon to learn how to fix computers or to do something with computers!!!
Bleh, don't. No money in IT!

Simon 1867
15-02-09, 12:53 PM
Im a fireman....i get annoyed that some people futures arent secure, cant be easy. Hang in there, always light at the end of the tunnel:thumb:

Andy
15-02-09, 01:00 PM
One thing ive noticed aswell just lately,is that nearly any job that is available is temporary to permanent.They are scared to give people contracts.
I realise the government cant just magic jobs to give to people but more needs to be done about this.Dont let the unemployment figures put you off or get you down,Dont forget that 1m or so of those have been unemployed for years and have no intention of ever working.These are the career criminals and benefit cheats,so unemployment rates arent as bad as the figures suggest.

JonD
15-02-09, 01:02 PM
I have 2 jobs, 1 is apprentice mechanic, 4days at work 1 at college £80 a week:(

another is working in a bar wed night fri night and sat 12-12

that funds playin with the cars etc

nova_saloon
15-02-09, 01:19 PM
i work 14.5 hours a week at tesco on the checkout and its driving me nuts! i need more hours and more money!

Stuart
15-02-09, 01:31 PM
I R jobless too :D its fapping ACE!!!!!

dj_wudgey
15-02-09, 01:42 PM
Bleh, don't. No money in IT!

no i allways thought there was!!! ahhhh i really dont know what to go and learn at college!!!

Stuart
15-02-09, 01:44 PM
no i allways thought there was!!! ahhhh i really dont know what to go and learn at college!!!

I'd go learn how to write badly worded emails in Nigerian-english to scam people :D thats gotta be more lucrative than IT

Mike
15-02-09, 03:09 PM
I run my own business & the same as Saloony, sticking my figers right up at this credit crunch shizzle.

Sloth
15-02-09, 04:28 PM
id love to set up on my own but no-one wants to help me set up. any ideas guys?

dj_wudgey
15-02-09, 04:35 PM
I'd go learn how to write badly worded emails in Nigerian-english to scam people :D thats gotta be more lucrative than IT

well sounds like a plan lol i really dont know what to do now people are saying there is no money in it!! i became a mechanic and realised fast you work your balls off for f*ck all!!!!! im stuck lol

Bubba
15-02-09, 04:37 PM
i got a job, quite dead at the moment cos no companies are buying metal for stock. even we are only buying to order

muzzy
15-02-09, 06:18 PM
No job for me, jacked in the motor trade to work in the oil industry as a mechanic and then got made redundant. Living off the other halfs wages and homers just now but to be honest i seem to be making more money doing homers than i did working full time!

Once we are married in August im either going to set up on my own or bugger off abroad and set up on my own there!

Lee H
15-02-09, 08:18 PM
I currently have a job, started there 4 months ago, seems fairly secure but not particularly enjoying what i'm doing. Keep telling myself its better than nothing though at the moment.

kelbelle
15-02-09, 08:28 PM
I work all day Sunday's at Debenhams on Woman's accessories. I get £5.73 an hour (minimum wage i think). I have worked there 3 years and NEVER had a pay rise, its boring, monotonous and the customers are all stuck up their own arses and talk to me like I have an IQ of an ameba. BUT I have a job and am grateful for that.

I am also a student in my last semester and will leave right when their are no proper jobs in the country :roll:

Stuart
15-02-09, 08:40 PM
I am also a student in my last semester and will leave right when their are no proper jobs in the country :roll:

welcome to 4/5 years ago lol...

Took me 13 months to find a "real" job after uni

nova danny1
15-02-09, 08:45 PM
I've got a job but off on sick at the moment.

valvercorsa
15-02-09, 09:01 PM
i work as an electrical engineer there has been a few layed off but i was always told as a young lad "keep your head down and work hard and you will be ok"

i feel sorry for people who have lost jobs and have houses etc.....
something needs to be done about this country.

jimbob-mcgrew
15-02-09, 09:05 PM
im a jobless bum

14nv of pure power
15-02-09, 09:45 PM
im in my last year of my apprenicteship so at least i got something and i have managed to secure anouther job loacly if my boss gose under so hopefully im ok fingers crossed (need money to get rid of all my rust issues lol)

hope fully all the mr mucles will go home and free up our jobs again:D

CoolTiger
15-02-09, 09:53 PM
im in work at the min stright out of school, work as a panel beater so the only problem is if somebody invents rubber cars :(

Emmy
15-02-09, 09:58 PM
Yeah there is alot of hard work that goes into it, I know alot of people who Im close to that are panel beaters.Dont worry Im sure you will be fine CoolTiger I cant see that happening :thumb:

dj_wudgey
16-02-09, 12:06 AM
well it makes me feel allot beter knowing im not the only one with no job but i really dont know what to go train as!! if computers or IT has no money in it and im not allowed to be a mechanic again for health reasons god knows where ill go!!!

Riggy
16-02-09, 12:15 AM
im still working been so busy for the last year or so making valves and assemblys for subsea work, been doin 7 days a week for 12 month this month , work shifts on about 12.50 an hour then time and half on sat and double time on sun , still dont have a penny cos the other half is on min wage lol

dj_wudgey
16-02-09, 12:17 AM
im still working been so busy for the last year or so making valves and assemblys for subsea work, been doin 7 days a week for 12 month this month , work shifts on about 12.50 an hour then time and half on sat and double time on sun , still dont have a penny cos the other half is on min wage lol

f*ck that i need a job but i wouldent work that hard!!!

Emmy
16-02-09, 12:19 AM
That is alot of work Riggy, I dont mind working but like the weekends off :)

sulphur
16-02-09, 12:47 AM
I'd work 14hrs days, 7 days if I could. I HATE not working. :(

Sloth
16-02-09, 12:49 AM
me 3 mate. im hating being at home its insane!

sulphur
16-02-09, 12:52 AM
Tempted to go back to college and learn something, with the hope it'll provide a job at the end, but that won't pay the mortgage lol Something will come up, be positive:D:(

dj_wudgey
16-02-09, 12:58 AM
I'd work 14hrs days, 7 days if I could. I HATE not working. :(

you must be mad!!! i fooking hate working me!! that gutting feeling you get when you wake up and you know youve got to go not for me lol

tbh ive loved it since i had to leave work lol ill health yea!!

just need a nice easy job me the kind where you sit and do f*ck all lol

dont get me wrong i like doing a bit off graft on my car but im not the kind that loves to stay at work all week!!!

sulphur
16-02-09, 01:03 AM
I'm the exact opposite mate. I love my job, well did. I love my trade. I've happily worked every hour going for the past 4yrs, mainly done 60-70hr weeks. I never refused overtime, or extra shifts. I just don't like sitting around on my **** doing feck all, knowing I could be working earning something. Just gonna struggle now getting a job in my field, paying the same as before this recession sh!te happened. :(

boyle_46
16-02-09, 02:12 AM
Laid off before xmas, struggling to find anything in my field, or anything that pays remotely near what I need. Doesn't seem to be much going in any field really. :(

X2

Andy
16-02-09, 09:15 AM
What did you do sulphur?
I feel the same,i loved what i did as a trade (double glazing fitter) and earnt decent money.Nobodys got money to buy things like that anymore so the trade has almost died,i went to work in a factory making the windows and even they had to get rid of people,inevetibly i was one of them
I have a meeting with dole later on today,and i can expect to hear "Hi Andrew,hows the job search going?" Errr hmm sh1te?! would i be here if it were going well?!:tard::tard:

dj_wudgey
16-02-09, 10:19 AM
I'm the exact opposite mate. I love my job, well did. I love my trade. I've happily worked every hour going for the past 4yrs, mainly done 60-70hr weeks. I never refused overtime, or extra shifts. I just don't like sitting around on my **** doing feck all, knowing I could be working earning something. Just gonna struggle now getting a job in my field, paying the same as before this recession sh!te happened. :(

man you must be crasy me id rather be sat on my **** doing f*ck all knowing im not at work lol ive only woked in garages so ive never been offerd overtime but i have been offerd extra days and double time on bank hollidays but i wouldent even consider it me lol

xe Dan
16-02-09, 04:19 PM
im jobless too been nearly 7 months now. i just want to get back to earning and spending on the nova lol

raymond
16-02-09, 04:30 PM
im working also for royal mail hopefully my job will be as secure as secure can get with it being goverment owned but you never know

Welshy
16-02-09, 06:02 PM
i move boxes at flymo in donny...
dont know why people want flymos in this wether but it brings home the bacon, jobs going too ;)

marc novataken
16-02-09, 06:07 PM
i been out of work about 11 months now, was on the sick but now am full time carer to my daughter cos my fiancee is working full time, would like to get back into work though...

Jack
16-02-09, 06:32 PM
CV Writing Guide added to sig lol

and LMFAO @ the BMW temp workers on the news, crying that they'd all been laid off at the drop of a hat. Didn't see one english-primary-language speaker there. Boo hoo, so the temps got kicked first. Tough, you're temps for a reason and its in your contract that you can get outed with minimal notice and no payoff.

Andy
16-02-09, 06:35 PM
Temps have no contract,at my last job i was temp-perm i got told not to come back on monday 5 mins before i clocked off on the friday.Its not right that,everyone should be treated equal

Jack
16-02-09, 06:37 PM
True, but thats how companies treat temps. I know Westlands in Yeovil used to keep more than half their staff as agency temps, and keep extending their contracts. Purely as they could boot them out with no payoffs or notice as and when they felt like it (which was quite regularly).

Sloth
16-02-09, 06:37 PM
rep added mr jack, excellent guide!

Andy
16-02-09, 06:42 PM
True, but thats how companies treat temps. I know Westlands in Yeovil used to keep more than half their staff as agency temps, and keep extending their contracts. Purely as they could boot them out with no payoffs or notice as and when they felt like it (which was quite regularly).
Yeah thats what these did where i was at.
There were people who had been there a year and still not offered a contract.
And you dont get paid bank holidays either.Its a pretty sh1t position to be fair.Nearly all the jobs that have been advertised lately all say temporary,probably due to them not knowing whats next.

Stuart
16-02-09, 07:56 PM
Temps have no contract,at my last job i was temp-perm i got told not to come back on monday 5 mins before i clocked off on the friday.Its not right that,everyone should be treated equal

live by the contractor/temp sword, die by the sword.

you get a higher rate of pay than a permy, but then you are an easily disposed of body. It suits both sides of the scale when its in the others favour.

Gashgusher
16-02-09, 08:46 PM
out of work since new year, anyone want an alarm/cctv fittin gimme a PM lol

i lived/worked by contractor sword, and died by it too :(

good luck everyone!

Super_Shaun
16-02-09, 09:11 PM
I work for Arriva the bus company, contracted by Transport For London.
Im a Duty Manager (Blakey/Inspector), I feel bad for eveyone losing their job weve had such a massive influx of staff as the bus industry doesnt normaly get hit by the resecion as people leave their cars at home and use public transport.
Weve currently stopped recruiting as were going to end up over staffed.

sulphur
16-02-09, 09:14 PM
What did you do sulphur?
I feel the same,i loved what i did as a trade (double glazing fitter) and earnt decent money.Nobodys got money to buy things like that anymore so the trade has almost died,i went to work in a factory making the windows and even they had to get rid of people,inevetibly i was one of them
I have a meeting with dole later on today,and i can expect to hear "Hi Andrew,hows the job search going?" Errr hmm sh1te?! would i be here if it were going well?!:tard::tard:

I'm a groundworker mate, anything from flaggin' n kerbin' to deep drainage and everything in between. Loved the variety of the job, earned good money and enjoyed doing it. Construction industry is pretty heavy damaged up this end.
We were all told on the run up to xmas that things were tight until a few jobs opened up, but everyone was safe where they were, company was going to 'ride out the storm', until other contracts kicked off. Last day we worked, Dec 23rd, waiting on our final paycheck with the holiday pay etc, the p45s came flying. Our week holiday for xmas was considered our week notice, brilliant eh?:roll:

Asa-James
16-02-09, 09:38 PM
i currently work for tesco's, and as secure as my job is i REALLY need a change.

Smurf-Xx
16-02-09, 11:39 PM
I'm currently working at sainsburys... atleast its a job that pays quite well for a supermarket (i think?)

Connor
17-02-09, 12:18 AM
i currently am full time college doing mechanical engineering (lv3)
got laid off twice in 1 month labouring part time with 2 local companys
so i thought fcuk it and now i work part time at kfclol
i dont care though, half my mates have not got jobs now
and are all having to take their cars off the road due to running costs etc
well kfc is only till september till i am off to uni
to do motorsport technology then the real job hunt starts and the dept:cry: .......................................:wtf:

Jack
17-02-09, 08:07 AM
to do motorsport technology then the real job hunt starts
With the current state of the motor industry.... good luck with that lol

Pistol Pete
17-02-09, 08:48 AM
Anyone looking for a job within the motor industry ATN wants their head read!! I should know... lol i "work" at the Honda factory down the road. Well, i will when it re-opens in June lol Currently on a 4 month shutdown because of lack of sales.

BMW laid off 850 staff yesterday. Hmmm, nice!!!!

Jack
17-02-09, 09:10 AM
Thats just their temp staff though, as said above the slightest wibble in the profit margins and the temps are the first to get axed.

Stuart
17-02-09, 09:27 AM
Anyone looking for a job within the motor industry ATN wants their head read!!

Indeed. The smart people leave it :D

Pistol Pete
17-02-09, 09:51 AM
RJ, yeah was the temps. Same happened at our place last year, but not on such a grand scale!

Stu, Or stay and have 4 months off paid lol ;)

Stuart
17-02-09, 09:53 AM
or get 9-10 months pay, have a month off and start a new job ;)

Pistol Pete
17-02-09, 09:57 AM
lol yeah yeah....

dj_wudgey
17-02-09, 10:55 AM
Anyone looking for a job within the motor industry ATN wants their head read!! I should know... lol i "work" at the Honda factory down the road. Well, i will when it re-opens in June lol Currently on a 4 month shutdown because of lack of sales.

fook that man ive just left that sh*t!! lol

id never work in that trade again me fook that!!!!

after being a mechanic for years ive had enough tbh its a sh*te job with no money and you get worked to death!!!

Pistol Pete
17-02-09, 01:01 PM
But you were a mechanic???? Nearly all my mechanic mates are flat out ATM with people wanting to keep thier run abouts roadworthy. I am off work for such a long period as people are not buying NEW cars....

Jack
17-02-09, 02:31 PM
My tame mechanic at FCM reckons its not just maintenance. They had an evo in to have £££££ worth of engine and transmission work!

Gemima
17-02-09, 02:48 PM
I currently work @ Mercedes part of Pendragon, and they have hit the fan. We are the worst delaership in our MA and it dont look good. :tard:

Gashgusher
17-02-09, 02:58 PM
should rename this thread "whos the most unemployed?"

meritlover
17-02-09, 03:11 PM
no, should rename this, "who is not the one who is not not unemployed"

Sloth
17-02-09, 03:22 PM
no-body expects the spanish inquisition........

dj_wudgey
18-02-09, 11:50 AM
But you were a mechanic???? Nearly all my mechanic mates are flat out ATM with people wanting to keep thier run abouts roadworthy. I am off work for such a long period as people are not buying NEW cars....

yea matey but i got vibration white finger so i had to quit my job as i cant use air guns ect ect now!! i had been wanting out for a long while and when the doctor at the hospital siad no more i couldent wait to quit!!

working on your own cars can be enjoyable but F*CK fixing other peoples cars for a living its a w*nk job!!!!

mainly for the reasons they work you like horses but pay you f*ck all!!

Cormac
18-02-09, 01:11 PM
Ive been out of work just over a month now, starting to piss me off a little. Have applied for a fair few jobs but having no luck so far!! grr

dj_wudgey
18-02-09, 01:58 PM
no, should rename this, "who is not the one who is not not unemployed"

pmsl

draper
18-02-09, 03:55 PM
yea matey but i got vibration white finger so i had to quit my job as i cant use air guns ect ect now!! i had been wanting out for a long while and when the doctor at the hospital siad no more i couldent wait to quit!!

working on your own cars can be enjoyable but F*CK fixing other peoples cars for a living its a w*nk job!!!!

mainly for the reasons they work you like horses but pay you f*ck all!!

but a **** jobs money are better than dole money :confused:

dj_wudgey
18-02-09, 04:04 PM
but a **** jobs money are better than dole money :confused:

not on dole matey on benefits like!! more money than dole and they are going to pay for my college course!!

but im not allowed to use any vibrating tools any more so i cant complete jobs as fast without using airguns ect

not only a mechanic but i was also the tyre technition at the last place i worked aswell so that meant i couldent do punctures or any such jobs

which means i could not cpomplete jobs i was employed to do without making my condition worse and im not really game for that lol