PDA

View Full Version : inlet manifold?

greg1.4
14-02-09, 07:17 PM
just got my new engine in and running..very happy with it apart from....

it has an irmscher inlet manifold with twin webbers, but there is no pipe/fitting on the inletmanifold for the vacuum pipe for the servo?

any idea's on what i could do?

the guy that ran my engine before had it in a rally car, so it had a bias pedal box which means you dont need the vacuum pipe..

nova_saloon
14-02-09, 07:22 PM
unfortunatly u will have to get a bias pedal box or get a new inlet manifold with vacum addapter! u might be able to adapt it but look at some nova sport engfine bays!

jonn
14-02-09, 07:24 PM
u could drill a hole in the manifold then weld a nut on it or thread the hole and screw it in to that

Adam
14-02-09, 07:41 PM
As john said.
Theres probably a flat on the side of runner 4, to drill and tap for a servo union

andymac
14-02-09, 09:15 PM
as above drill and tap the servo thats how i done mine before.

greg1.4
14-02-09, 11:15 PM
can it be anywhere on the manifold? obviosuly on runner 4 somewhere as it is closest to the servo..

Adam
15-02-09, 12:44 PM
Anywhere AFTER the throttle butterfly(as in between throttle and the head)

No4 because its the easiest route to get to the servo from there

John
15-02-09, 12:49 PM
If it's an irmscher manifold, it should have a take off already? has it not just been blanked off.

greg1.4
15-02-09, 05:50 PM
it had the advance/reatard pipe going into the flat on the side of the inlet manifold..

all sorted now though, i put a servo pipe fitting on the manifold and then put a t-piece in on the servo pipe for the advance/retard pipe..