PDA

View Full Version : Stupid PC/Vista/DVD/Life

AlexW
14-02-09, 03:21 AM
So im not feeling well. I put on the newer italian job. Thought i would use my laptop rather than setting up my ps2 (and i dont think it works now its been used as a step lol) and about half way through it starts to freeze and move bit by bit.

Fastforwarded it and that was sorted. Then 3/4 through all of a sudden it just disapeared! At a good point too! Then as i clicked on start, laptop starts to shut down. At this point i think WTF! turns out its due to damm windows update!

So now ive got to search through it alll and find the point it cut off.

Preety pointless post, but meh Heyho.

Sloth
14-02-09, 03:56 AM
meh, i had my laptop 3 weeks and my dad put it on the floor closed. the dog stood on the screen and ****ed it. i have insurance but there taking ages to sort it.....

Spudly
14-02-09, 11:57 AM
The moral of the story is dont get a dog get a cat instead as my cat could jump up and down and party on my laptop and she would never break it lol

Jack
14-02-09, 12:02 PM
LMFAO you're surprised at this?

One of our consultants at work has a Vista laptop. He was halfway through writing a tech instruction in Word, and the laptop just popped up a message saying "installing updates, shutting down" or something, shutdown and of course junked his document which he had to restart lol

Andy
14-02-09, 12:04 PM
You can do summat to stop them though,i have vista on my laptop and it never does that.Somebody must have stopped it for me because im fukked if i know how to lol lol

Jack
14-02-09, 12:09 PM
Alex, you're probably using it in ID-ten-T User mode. Set up an Admin account and run with that, should be able to turn off all the noobish stuff then.

Heh, I remember one of the ex's computers her mum bought. The local PC shop had set her up as a restricted user or something, and locked down the admin account. So when I tried to fix all the crap things the builder had done to it, I couldn't as the admin account had a password. Rang them, and the builder basically said no, you'll have to bring it to us to work on. I just laughed and said, Ok in that case I'll reinstall windows and do it properly kthxbaiii *hangup* lol

mowgli
14-02-09, 12:11 PM
the dog stood on the screen and ****ed it.
http://techdigest.tv/usb-humping-dog-uk.jpg

AlexW
14-02-09, 12:14 PM
I just havnt even botherd to change it, tbh its the first time (Had it since xmas) i will have a look later, but i dont care atm lol

Its as an admin anyways, That was the first thing that was done.