PDA

View Full Version : 1st post Gathering interest

JonD
14-02-09, 01:59 AM
Hi guys,
names Jon, im 19 and the owner of a 1985, green, 1.0 nova,

I was directed here by simon 1867 as i am trying to find out what my car is worth, but due to not having a high enough post count yet, i cant get pics up of it yet.

Its B registered,1.0 has 41k genuine miles, green, has steel wheels, and great paintwork, no rust, but a small ding in the front bumper.
Green carpet,seats and dash etc all great condition.

I only have the service book rather than all reciepts but it has been stamped by the same garage for the last 20 years.

I am the 3rd owner of this car, the other 2 were both in the same family.

I know its a long shot but without pics, what would you lot say it could be worth?

Thanks
Jon

brainsnova
14-02-09, 02:02 AM
£500-£900 :thumb:

andrew1988
14-02-09, 09:52 AM
I just sold my Y reg 1983 1.2 for 670 but that included delivery

let_nova
14-02-09, 09:57 AM
send your pics to leannemaclachlan1981@hotmail.com i will post them up for you.

Stuart
14-02-09, 09:58 AM
A Sly for sale ad as a first post wont go down well ;)

let_nova
14-02-09, 09:59 AM
depends wether he is looking to sell or just looking for a valuation?

Plug
14-02-09, 10:04 AM
sound like a valuation at the moment and as soon as he knows what its worth i can see a for sale thread popping up,

At leasts hes getting a price 1st rather than getting moaned at in For sale Needs price

let_nova
14-02-09, 10:06 AM
sound like a valuation at the moment and as soon as he knows what its worth i can see a for sale thread popping up,

At leasts hes getting a price 1st rather than getting moaned at in For sale Needs price

very true.

from what i heam from you i would say its worth............................................. .................................................. .....................................what someone is wlling to pay.lol

Spudly
14-02-09, 11:26 AM
As said its only ever worth what someone wants to pay, go to trade it in against a new car and you will seriously not see anything over £20 and im not joking there either!

I think you need to decide if youre selling it and the make a thread in the correct section as this kind of thread pops up all the time and infuriates the staff tbh bud (btw youve had a mild warning already^^)

JonD
14-02-09, 11:34 AM
Well, before i posted this up I PM'ed Lee, he told me to post in here and havent come on in here to stir up stuff so i wont bother returning, thanks anyway

let_nova
14-02-09, 11:39 AM
dont take it the wrong way you went about it the right way pm lee. just wee see a lot of "wots me car worth budz" threads.

JonD
14-02-09, 11:43 AM
Well i have been trying to keep her, but have to sell because.

1 am skint
2 need space
3 cant garage here cos have a different project in there.
4 wanted it to go to someone who knows abit about novas so presumed here would be a good place to start.

it just seemed to me that asking what something is worth is wrong around here?

alot of forums i use have a specific section, this didnt so i asked where to put it. i put it there and got slated!

let_nova
14-02-09, 11:46 AM
put a for sale thread up with a base price of a 1500. thats a base price to keep admin happy. and let the offers flow. send me the pics if you want them up.

JonD
14-02-09, 11:49 AM
ok might do that, didnt want ot be seen as just joining to sell though so will hold out, never know might want to keep her after having a look round here, will email you pics later if that ok:)

thanks
Jon

Jack
14-02-09, 11:50 AM
but have to sell
So stuart was right lol

Not slating you, but we do get a lot of "whats this worth" threads which are basically sly auctions to see who's willing the pay the most for certain parts/vehicles.

It doesn't take 10 minutes to have a quick trawl of the for sale forums on here to find similar cars or parts to what you have, and get a handle on the going rates. Or, if you really do have no idea, put it on ebay. If you're worried about it selling for 99p, then set a reserve at the base price you will accept (i.e. the amount you NEED). Almost everyone on here uses ebay, so those who are on the lookout for something will see it.

[edit] Joining to sell is no problem I'm sure we've had loads of people do it in the past and no doubt loads of people will do it in the future. Would be nice if you stuck around though lol

Closing this as it doesn't really need any more input.