PDA

View Full Version : Putting a sri engine in to a mk1

Twistie
13-02-09, 09:50 PM
hello i just want to no how hard it will be to put a sri engine in to a mk1 & will i have to take the interior loom out or do any thing with it if what thanks Jake
:tard:

brainsnova
13-02-09, 09:52 PM
easy but im not sure on exactly what wiring bits are needed.

mowgli
13-02-09, 09:55 PM
it would be pretty much the same as fitting a gte engine. do a search on the wiring.

Twistie
13-02-09, 10:05 PM
ya but i will buy a mk1 1.2 than put my sri engine in it

mowgli
13-02-09, 10:24 PM
make sure that you get the complete engine with all of the loom...

then when you do the swap, make sure you undo & keep all of the sensor wires & starter/alternator wires.. these will get reused.

then its a case of using the original feed to the coil to power the efi, the battery live, the fuel pump wire, the rev counter wire & the fault code light wire will need sorting. & you really need the efi fuel tank & pump assy

Pistol Pete
13-02-09, 10:27 PM
I think i am right in saying that the SRi car and engine loom are intergrated. Hence why i am not looking forward to my XE conversion wiring...

mowgli
13-02-09, 10:33 PM
the first time I did a gte conversion, there wasn't a haynes for the injection model... I had to strip the loom out till I found the odd wires & work out what they were from an astra book. gm used the same colour wires for all of their cars in the olden days