PDA

View Full Version : do you get mocked for owning a nova?

Bubba
13-02-09, 06:14 PM
Iv been asked by quite a few people why i bought an "old **** nova" my missus is the worst. doesnt think it would make it more that 20 miles before breaking.

i argue back that it done 37k and got fvsh.

now iv been told to "chav it up for a laugh"!!!

offended...YES:mad:

rednova
13-02-09, 06:18 PM
i just say lets see where your piece of french pap is in 20 years time

muzzy
13-02-09, 06:20 PM
People are more surprised when i dont have a Nova now, you still get folk who think its the 90s and its just for neds to thrash about but more often than not i get "you dont see them about anymore, i used to have an SR"

Seems everyone had an SR lol

Jay
13-02-09, 06:21 PM
Hell yeah, i get mocked all the time. Its my car at the end of the day so i couldnt give a fcuk!

Bubba
13-02-09, 06:23 PM
i just tell the missus mine doesnt blow boost pipes for a living. or txb's...the list goes on.

some people are quite suprised it still going at nearly 24years old

Spudly
13-02-09, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately yes you will do bud i used to get called chav and alsorts of other crap as i regularly used to when i had my last nova, just ignore them and dont try and justify your cause as they will only rag you further dude lol

Simon 1867
13-02-09, 06:25 PM
I really wouldnt worry mate. I used to get mocked but just ignore them now. Life is too short. Enjoy your nova like we all do.

wilson_sri
Of course. Every owner does, its the best part of owning them.

djshaggeh
I get mocked day in, day out.

But no doubt the people that are laughing at you drive shat motors. Just rip the piss out of their **** motors.

But at the end of the day:

Its my car at the end of the day so i couldnt give a fcuk!

...works a treat

Peanut_119
13-02-09, 06:28 PM
ive only just turned 20 so everyone just say to me you bought it coz its a boy racer car aint you.
i bought it because i like it and u dont see many of them, keep it old skool, and be different, thats all i say

Bubba
just ignore them and dont try and justify your cause as they will only rag you further dude lol

or accidently forget to tighten ALL the boost pipes when you put her car back together :P oopsy lmao

NovaBoi92
YES YES YES YES YES aparently im a chavvy little boy racer who cant afford a better car. all the money ive put into my nova, i get asked ''WHY DIDNT YOU JUST BUY A BETTER CAR TO START WITH?''
the most comman thing i get is, why did you buy a **** piece nova? i say, well thats the reason. its not that its ****, its that its basic and simple. or ****. thats why me, and probably many of you lot love novas, because of their simplicity. for what ive payed out on my nova, i COULD have brought a much newer car. but i hate newer cars. they have so many things which distract you from just pure, simple driving. no power steering, no traction control, no stupid electrics that can go wrong 99.9% of the time. just basic little cars that YOU are actually in control of when driving. not the electronics.

oh, and it doesnt help where my nova is multicoloured at the minute. (red primer on both back arches, one dark green door, one beige door, and a bright slivery blue gsi bumper. RAINBOW NOVA

andy_017
13-02-09, 06:29 PM
Yeah i work at a BMW dealership and get it all the time when in the workshop with my car etc, so offered one of the lads in there a ride up the motorway......he soon changed his mind :thumb:

Spudly
13-02-09, 06:34 PM
I used to get "why dont you buy a proper car" my response was hmmm, i have to tax, insure and mot my nova before it can go on the road so how is it not a "proper car" or you can quote repair bills, i remember a mate of mine had his brakes done on his mk4 astra GSi turbo £300+

I redid the brakes on my 1.2 Luxe the same day, front discs and pads, and rear shoes £21 whos the dickhead now.

Or "sorry finance boy, mines bought and paid for and costs fcuk all to maintain and run and the best part is, no electronics to go wrong unlike yours"

Jack
13-02-09, 06:50 PM
Usually I just laugh and say yes its a turd, but it ticks all the boxes - fast, fun, cheap, economical.

Captain Annoying at work does have a habit of calling me a chav though, which, from him, does wind me the fcuk up. I've now taken to calling him mondeo man, and ask how the view was from the middle lane of the M5 this morning. Oh, and offer him some more duct tape for his bumper.

"seen as we're keeping to stereotypes and all that" lol

BIGS
13-02-09, 06:53 PM
When i drive the hatch's yes but not the saloon. And i know why that is. because saloon owners are far more superior then other humans and they bow down to us lol

NovaBoi92
13-02-09, 06:53 PM

yes because im a chavvy little boy racer. BECAUSE I OWN A NOVA

sulphur
13-02-09, 06:54 PM
Old gaffer used to say he was surprised I made it into work, every morning the same thing was repeated, surprising the **** box got me from A to B. My reply was the engine wasn't the problem, its the shell rotting from under me. lol

Jack
13-02-09, 06:55 PM
yes because im a chavvy little boy racer. BECAUSE I OWN A NOVA
Good, you're learning.

Spudly
13-02-09, 06:56 PM
Usually I just laugh and say yes its a turd, but it ticks all the boxes - fast, fun, cheap, economical.

Captain Annoying at work does have a habit of calling me a chav though, which, from him, does wind me the fcuk up. I've now taken to calling him mondeo man, and ask how the view was from the middle lane of the M5 this morning. Oh, and offer him some more duct tape for his bumper.

Man after my own thinking as i still get referred to as chavvy at my work for the cav but as you get older in years you tend to sympathise with them as most at my work are chuckied up on their cars and therefore are jealous of the fact that mine is bought and paid for and i must have more money down the pub than their sorry asses lol

NovaBoi92
13-02-09, 06:58 PM
Good, you're learning.

indeed i am. all i need now is a huuuuggee spoiler and an exhaust SO big, it will engulf the entire car

Jim Mcrae
13-02-09, 07:04 PM
I get mocked all the time, but its just by stupid people so i can rise above it

mayhem
13-02-09, 07:14 PM
i think most xe/let drivers agree...

the all talk sh!t, but the all want a drive in the passenger seat.

scotty GSI
13-02-09, 08:10 PM
I get loads of stick, better half and her girly mates dont understand ' square old cars' like novas and R5's.lol

Always good when you get a comment though, usually off blokes in the late 30's early 40's that had one back in the day. :D

BRoadGhost
13-02-09, 08:16 PM
I prefer mocking M3's

NovaBoi92
13-02-09, 08:18 PM
I prefer mocking M3's

an M3 pulled up next to us while we were going down the motorway in my multicoloured nova. they laughed at us then drove off. :(

BRoadGhost
13-02-09, 08:21 PM
Make your little cereal box faster than it then and get them back next time!

AlexW
13-02-09, 08:22 PM
I get it all the time, even more so when it was a 1.2. People dont understand that its a infection, not a love lol

I havnt got as much stick with my miami blue for some reason. The mods ive done people seem to like. If i do get **** i just laugh it off, and turn to there car and take the piss. At the end of the day its a cheap car. Im not the one paying massive amounts of money for a piss small car.

Rickardo
13-02-09, 08:28 PM
i'm 37, you can imagine the stick i get off people for owning a Nova..

NovaBoi92
13-02-09, 08:31 PM

yeah - a 37 year old chav.... lol

matt_vaughan
13-02-09, 08:32 PM
I used to be the only Nova in my School's sixth form, got mocked but tbh I quite enjoyed having an individual different car, as most of the rest of them drive Corsa Cs or Clios that their mummy and daddy bought them.

Found out today another lad bought a Nova at my place, aint seen it yet but I'm NOT happy. Good way to offload old parts though :D

Benn
13-02-09, 08:32 PM
No, but i laught at people that owe 20k on a car now worth 5k.

mowgli
13-02-09, 08:50 PM
I have been into novas for 25 years...........

been there, done that, didn't get the t shirt cos I don't like them.........

I once owned a parchment beige 3dr with my gte engine, a snowplough (that the missus knocked a chunk off on landing on a canal bridge), skirts gte rear spoiler, brown sr interior. I was working on a building site for 3 months & the plasterer had a rusty, blue smokey mk3 rs turbo, & he called my car names for the whole 3 months...... so as the job was finishing, I challenged him to a race, from anywhere to anywhere, his choice... he started laughing for about a day, and my brother took him to one side and told him to race me or shut up, then told him just how fast it was.......it was the only time in 25 years that my brother didn't insult my nova, I was so proud

jimbob-mcgrew
13-02-09, 08:52 PM
used to, but not anymore... i think people are starting to realise that there under-rated cars.

it was blaitantly the max power fiends in the early nighties that ruined the nova name. time heals all wounds.

Bubba
13-02-09, 09:03 PM
i think the 90s rep still stick to them :( ba$tards

mowgli
13-02-09, 09:07 PM
used to, but not anymore... i think people are starting to realise that there under-rated cars.

it was blaitantly the max power fiends in the early nighties that ruined the nova name. time heals all wounds.

I joined the original png.... & went to a regional meeting. I was shocked when all of the others, except me & the organiser of the meeting, opened their hatchbacks & were having a sound off.... I had joined a 'performance' club, not an ICE club... all the noisy ones had 1.2's with crazy graphics & 17"s and were driving like real pillocks.. doing burnouts off the lights and generally annoying anything in sight. the organiser & i beat them all to the pub... I never went to another meet

keithrg
13-02-09, 09:07 PM
Yep worse was northern corsa lads, wanted to **** them. but G/F holding me back saying their's 6 of them and there pissed.

At work mocked, at least my car didnt cost 5 grand only a hundred and it starts first time not to mention its quicker and cheaper to run than yours in all ways to zafia owner. Oh yeah your 1.8 vetra great race yeah and i beat him how gutted he was and that cost £700 and more to run. Alfa owner at work, £10,000 ha ha at least mine didnt cost £700 to service and clutch, just £30. If it brakes I can fix (till i bent valve then lost interest as chassis was gone)

The best bit is it was just a wicked car. Perfect for the boy racer. (1.4 76bhp)

if i could have source another i would have done.

nick_nova
13-02-09, 09:12 PM
lol i must get a comment off every single person in my work place every single day for having a nova. they don't understand that its a project aswell over the crappy weather, constantly saying... "have you got your nova back yet? goddd its taking forever isin't it?"
even when you explain to them that it will eat a evo, type R, scooby etc etc etc they just don't belive you! because its a nova and its old! lol

auzzy-b
13-02-09, 09:15 PM
Few of my mates are always calling me a sado for lovin Nova's, so too does my older brother yet he has owned two and is looking to buy another tomorrow???:wtf: lol
I think people who TRY to take the mik are only jealous because they don't have the b*lls to own what they reallywant!!!! then realise they are missing out... To them i say STOP CARING WHAT PEOPLE THINK AND DO AS YOU PLEASE:p loosers!! As for my brother he's just a goonlol

draper
13-02-09, 09:16 PM
i used to enjoy getting mocked....in my old XE lol

are you really that bothered tho, seriously ?

AlexW
13-02-09, 09:17 PM
Even when you explain to them that it will eat a evo, type R, scooby etc etc etc they just don't belive you! because its a nova and its old! lol

Yep, its funny when people think your joking. Even my 1.2spi beast has had a couple of cars. Ofc i wouldnt speed :wtf: Just from 0-60 lol

nick_nova
13-02-09, 09:18 PM
Hmmmmm im not that botherd. just gets boring from hearing it every day lol and they don't like that fact that im the youngest employee and got the fastest car......

AlexW
13-02-09, 09:23 PM
Its because we know what speed feels like lol

mowgli
13-02-09, 09:24 PM
the best defence is to point out that we know they are crap, and so taking the piss isn't going to work....

AlexW
13-02-09, 09:26 PM
the best defence is to point out that we know they are crap, and so taking the piss isn't going to work....

Yep, thats what i say. They may be rusty crap piles, but we all love them and they get us around, more relible than french crap lol

Spudly
13-02-09, 09:30 PM
Its because we know what speed feels like lol

LMFAO......... In a 1.2 wtf have you been sniffing lol

Rickardo
13-02-09, 09:31 PM
even though i'm a 37 yr old chav..(thanks Novaboi 92) haha.. Nova's are Old Skool.. i enjoy embarrassing people in my little Turbo powered Nova.. they don't have a clue what has hit them..1.2 badge on the back..

draper
13-02-09, 09:33 PM
oh. my. days.

Spudly
13-02-09, 09:35 PM
even though i'm a 37 yr old chav..(thanks Novaboi 92) haha.. Nova's are Old Skool.. i enjoy embarrassing people in my little Turbo powered Nova.. they don't have a clue what has hit them..1.2 badge on the back..

Good lad lol

AlexW
13-02-09, 09:36 PM
LMFAO......... In a 1.2 wtf have you been sniffing lol

lol Glue and some dirty knickers. But the Spooi did do 90, after about 2hours of holding your foot to the floor

Lee H
13-02-09, 09:51 PM

Any pics of your car, not seen any other turbos round this way? I'm from Oldham btw.

Rickardo
13-02-09, 10:02 PM
Any pics of your car, not seen any other turbos round this way? I'm from Oldham btw.

i'll get some up when i finally get my 15 posts up..:thumb::thumb:

you might of seen it. i work in Oldham..

Lee H
13-02-09, 10:03 PM
What colour is it? Not seen many Nova's round here for ages?

Rickardo
13-02-09, 10:05 PM
What colour is it? Not seen many Nova's round here for ages?

at the minute it's a dirty white colour. when i can be bothered to wash it, it's DAZ white.. lollol

fearless
13-02-09, 10:06 PM
Right, come on rick - 15 posts now

So lets see the pics

Dave

Lee H
13-02-09, 10:08 PM
at the minute it's a dirty white colour. when i can be bothered to wash it, it's DAZ white.. lollol

Can't say i've noticed it about. Get pics up, don't be shy lol

Rickardo
13-02-09, 10:17 PM
Can't say i've noticed it about. Get pics up, don't be shy lol

Ha ha.. hiya Dave, just put some pic's on now..:thumb::thumb:

keithrg
13-02-09, 10:29 PM
One more thing, When people dish about your little rust box compared to their hp car. Its them that ends up haveing car repossed then still paying for it where as you can keep your little nova and prob just about to keep running it when if you they lost their job tomorrow. Mate just had his 07 c3 vtr thing repoed fourcourt price is grand less than he owes so will have a hefty short fall to pay. do feel bad for him but did mention thats the joy of owning a car out right

sport
14-02-09, 12:24 PM
I get mocked everyday and nobody knows i own a nova! :wtf: lol

Spudly
14-02-09, 12:30 PM
lol Glue and some dirty knickers. But the Spooi did do 90, after about 2hours of holding your foot to the floor

Beleive me matey thats not speed, when youve been in a fast car you will know about it lol

dj_wudgey
14-02-09, 12:34 PM
i get a little bit but i give as good as i get its mainly people that like **** fords that try to diss so they havent really got much they can rip about since they like ford and all lol

NovaBoi92
14-02-09, 12:36 PM
i get a little bit but i give as good as i get its mainly people that like **** fords that try to diss so they havent really got much they can rip about since they like ford and all lol

the most **** i get is from someone who owns a ****ty little ford xr2i. and cant stop going on about his >>CVH<< engine :tard: he says, how muchdid you pay for your nova. i say £300. he just laughs and says I PAYED £75 FOR MY CAR...cant believe you payed that for a nova ... etc etc..

but then he DOES come into college every day with another problem.

. I need a new clutch
. (squeaking car) i need a new fan belt and pulley

and the problems just keep on coming

Spudly
14-02-09, 12:37 PM
Hey dont be dissin XR2i`s theyre ace lil cars i used to own one:thumb:

Jack
14-02-09, 12:39 PM
the most **** i get is from someone who owns a ****ty little ford xr2i. and cant stop going on about his >>CVH<< engine :tard: he says, how muchdid you pay for your nova. i say £300. he just laughs and says I PAYED £75 FOR MY CAR...cant believe you payed that for a nova ... etc etc..
Tell him there's one massive problem with his car and you'll show him exactly what it is.

Point at the ford badge and say "there. Look, they even circled the problem so you know what it is"

NovaBoi92
14-02-09, 12:39 PM
Hey dont be dissin XR2i`s theyre ace lil cars i used to own one:thumb:

i dont be dissin blud, respekt YO for da little xr2i'sies

Spudly
14-02-09, 12:44 PM
Theyre old skool and cool

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Cars/P2110021.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Cars/MeFezzy1.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Cars/P2110023.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Cars/P2110024.jpg

Had some right fun in that old girl and she is still kicking about somewhere as i saw her a few weeks ago but not as clean as she was when i had her though :cry:

Andy
14-02-09, 12:44 PM
XR2's were FAR better

NovaBoi92
14-02-09, 12:45 PM
but his is crap :(

Spudly
14-02-09, 12:45 PM
XR2's were FAR better

FACT.................

Not owned one yet though!

NovaBoi92
14-02-09, 12:46 PM
XR2's were FAR better

my nova is better :(

Andy
14-02-09, 12:49 PM
I had a Black D reg Xr2 was like a little rocket.It was superb on handling,tis now dead according to dvla
Novaboi you are a gonad if you think your Nova is better than an XR2

NovaBoi92
14-02-09, 12:50 PM
lol it will be. in time.

Joe Richardson
14-02-09, 12:55 PM
Yes,since i have bought my SR,I have been getting called a chav all the timelol

It's funny though because they have probably never even driven one LOL:D

sulphur
14-02-09, 01:11 PM
XR2i's are awesome. My uncle used to have one, proper solid little thing, could shift pretty well too! IMO, far superior to nova.

gtachorley
14-02-09, 01:14 PM
Some ginger scouse ****er at my work keeps saying why didn't you buy a proper car and calls the car stupid all the time.

Just asked him what did you pay for your car (brand new focus) 16k he proudly stated as though the price proved his point, I simply pointed out that was a lot of cash to have at 20 and asked him how on earth he saved it all up, err no seems he bought it on finance for 4 years.

Just pointed out to him so your driving round in a car your basically renting and doesn't yet belong to you which is deprecating to the point where when you have eventually paid for the car and the massive interest, you will have paid maybe 18k and it will be worth 4 or 5k tops, so thats well over 10k you've spunked to drive round in a 5 door mums runabout!!!!

Still called my car **** and pointless so I gave up, safe in the knowledge I LOVE MY NOVA AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

davidfox280585
14-02-09, 01:14 PM
hey i work in littleborough

021-bennettt
14-02-09, 01:24 PM
This is so true and quite annoying but evryone has their own tastes and anyone who doesnt like Novas has the wrong tastes lollollol

CoolTiger
14-02-09, 02:28 PM
yea always lol but nout bad just things like tihs

HErb said... 13 hours ago

pile of fukin **** m8

u want a renault 5 laaaaaaaaa get a grip

Andy
14-02-09, 02:30 PM
I mock my Nova everyday.Its not rusty as i have taken all the rust away.
But its still an 80's sh1tbox.

NOVA_LEE
14-02-09, 03:50 PM
ive been called a chav for havin me novas but whats chavvy with a nova with metallica blarin out the window.

chavvy is when you go down to motorworld armed with £30 to make that corsa b "oh so faster" with some added 15bhp ripspeed stickers an nans shoppin list down the side of the door.

i just love the nova because its retro an under estimated an can fix them with some wd40, duck tape an a 13mm socket.

Rally Nova
14-02-09, 05:08 PM
the guys at my work keep callin my car el rotbox even though the shell is mint lol

sr jack
14-02-09, 05:54 PM
yes i get mocked but usually by vtr drivers haha then you listen to their car and it sounds like a antique sowing machine making hessian sacks lol.i just say.show me your saxsperiance shive in 17 years time lol. But! also i get random people say thats mint or i bet you paid good money for that!

Rich
14-02-09, 08:09 PM
I love it. 'Why dont you buy a proper car?' is probably the best, i always ask 'whys it not a proper car?'. Should of got somthing newer is the normal reply, or somthing that wont break down lol Never broken down in a nova!

Guy at work owns an m3, always mocks the fact im spending so much on a nova, i just keep reminding him i want a race when its on the road :)

blue_peg_16v
14-02-09, 10:55 PM
get mocked all the time about it at work, but nothing in the car park can keep up wi my saloon

General Baxter
14-02-09, 11:23 PM
i think iv got the only loon around here, all the grannys love it lol

jayme taylor
14-02-09, 11:36 PM
Ive had lots of novas , and will keep driving and buying them , all me mates have now got evos , scoobys , bmw, etc , they all laugh and point , but i think scoobys are more a chavs car now compared to Novas.
Novas
Are cheap.
Easy to work on.
Fun to drive.
When a xe/let is fitted in them there wicked.
Your nan will go shopping with you in it any day of the week.

NOVA'S RULE ! LOL

dj_wudgey
15-02-09, 11:16 AM
get mocked all the time about it at work, but nothing in the car park can keep up wi my saloon

ive never seen your nova once round here fella u must not drive it much lol

i like that though matey that your the fastest there lol

i get ribed abit but no more than i give out lol and the people that try take the piss like fords so they dont get that far lol

craig green
15-02-09, 02:48 PM
Only last night my Mrs was putting in the digs at my Nova.
Nobody understands!

If I had no imagination at all when it comes to cars, I'd own a Civic Type R.

Rich
15-02-09, 03:03 PM
If I had no imagination at all when it comes to cars, I'd own a Civic Type R.

lol Quote of the day!!

craig green
15-02-09, 03:17 PM
lol it's true though!

You have to wear ripped jeans aswell if you are going to own one. :roll:

Bubba
15-02-09, 03:41 PM
what about the bleached blonde hair?

saloonwoody
15-02-09, 04:49 PM
my missus mocked me for my nova cos she drove it while it was still a 1.0 and vowed she would never drive the p o s again !! then a valver fell in it , i got banned and she had to , then i couldnt get the biatch out of it !!!!!!

ade
15-02-09, 05:35 PM
I was in a kebab shop the other day getting a pizza - pulled up behind a buy in a ford transit - both of us waiting for our fodder and he starts chatting away about my white SR. He really complimented it! Said you hardly see them about etc. he used to own an mk2 Astra and loved it - then went over to fords but really missed the Astra. Nattered on about rebuild etc and said look after it - its a classic!

Was well chuffed!

Spudly
15-02-09, 05:39 PM
Thats when you know all of your hard work and graft has been worth it, when some randomer spots what it is and is really pleased to see it:thumb:

Twas like when roystons lad rory took me for a spin round batley in his dads sport whilst we were at well lane, there was one guy at a crossing who clearly recognised it for what it was and look spechless as we trundled by, he nearly walked into the traffic lights lol

Bubba
15-02-09, 05:41 PM
i hav had my mate say it looks like a minter, except for the arches. said its got alot of potential. told me to drop a LET in it and keep it looking standard as a proper sleeper

johnny_turbo
15-02-09, 05:43 PM
i just get it of my bird why dont you just get a new car like every 1 else.
i just laff and say i love my old cars

vx kev
15-02-09, 05:50 PM
Of course. Every owner does, its the best part of owning them.

The best part is when you've got a valver or a turbo and you say i'l take your £30,000 bmw and paste it with my 20 year old £200 banger :D

Nova's are like Marmite, you either love em or you hate em. lol

twistysnovagte
15-02-09, 06:12 PM
ive recently took the nova off the road,due to buying a mk3 astravan off the bosses dad,and friends relatives even nieghbore's are asking "where's the little nova gone was a nice car that you dont see to many of them about" bla bla bla
but some have said best thing youve done buying a little van the nova was no good to you with kids etc(which is true imo)

blue_peg_16v
15-02-09, 08:20 PM
ive never seen your nova once round here fella u must not drive it much lol

i like that though matey that your the fastest there lol

i get ribed abit but no more than i give out lol and the people that try take the piss like fords so they dont get that far lol

ye i dont get to use it as much as i would like but circumstances have changed now so with a bit off luck ill have change to use it abit more, nice ford jib too lol

Novaboyleon
15-02-09, 08:25 PM
i get exactly the same from my mum, she calls my gte a silly boy racer car, she doesnt get it, its an entheusiasts car which is not classed as boy racer no more more sought after

Jack
15-02-09, 08:26 PM
The best part is when you've got a valver or a turbo and you say i'l take your £30,000 bmw and paste it with my 20 year old £200 banger :D
I challenge you to build a £200 LET :p

Comes down to the old argument though. Roll through town in a Nova, girls will point and laugh. Roll up in a £30k BMW (or any other flash looking expensive car), their knickers will drop and their lips shall be magnetized to your cock.

Novaboyleon
15-02-09, 08:36 PM
i choose my car more for me than what everyone else thinks about it, although i get nice comments from the right people. dont matter what the fanny think if youve got a girl already

sr jack
15-02-09, 08:46 PM
best thing about meeting a bird when youve got a nova, is you know she aint just there for you money and you £30k bmw lol

Novaboyleon
15-02-09, 08:51 PM
yeah lil man thats a good point,

Paul
15-02-09, 08:53 PM
novas suck

Rickardo
15-02-09, 09:44 PM
when i tell people i have a Nova, they get a certain look in there eye's.. you know the look of WTF for.. when i explain it's a Turbo'd Nova, the look change's and they get a little smile... lol

14nv of pure power
15-02-09, 10:03 PM
my mate took the mick out of me infront of some very nice lasses before i had a missis so i got a plate of metal and welded his exhaust shut ha now who has the crap car LOL i seen him trying to start it the next day was reater funny lol

Leeboo
15-02-09, 10:11 PM
novas suck

What you doing here then? :confused:

I'm with novaboyleon... anyone who calls novas scrap aren't worth listening to.

Anyone who says "not my cuppa tea" - fair enough. Personal opinion. I don't have an interest in the likes of peugeots for example, but I appreciate the strong following.

Novaboyleon
15-02-09, 10:16 PM
thats very true mr leeboo, like the way u thinking. the people who own novas own them for what car they are, apart from the few grannies out there that have had them from new and fair play to them as they obviously dont go wrong very often if looked after!

BRoadGhost
15-02-09, 11:13 PM
TBH in the world today a "Nova" isn't a "Nova"

Even the ones all on this site.

Plus it's down to what you want the car for.

I can think of nothing worse than a quiet, electronic aided, comfortable, heavy, high and essentially underpowered factory car.

Driving should always be more than transportation from A to B.

I want a car that actually scares you even when you're not in it.

General Baxter
15-02-09, 11:16 PM
What you doing here then? :confused:
I'm with novaboyleon... anyone who calls novas scrap aren't worth listening to.

if you go thru this forum, you will notice 90% of the members think there **** crap rust buckets lol

Leeboo
15-02-09, 11:32 PM
if you go thru this forum, you will notice 90% of the members think there **** crap rust buckets lol

Just to clarify...I wasn't trying to be rude, everyones entitled to what they think.

Just curious as many people seem to go on like that. Perhaps its just a "my bloody nova keeps giving me bother" type thing. Which is very understandable :(

General Baxter
15-02-09, 11:33 PM
no there just crap, simple lol

AlexW
16-02-09, 01:33 AM
Baxter is right. They are ****e, rusty bricks. But we love them for some silly reason,and im sure nearly everyone on here would agree there adcitive, no matter how crap they are we want another :roll:

sulphur
16-02-09, 01:42 AM
no matter how crap they are we want another :roll:
Couldn't be truer. No matter what else you have/drive, you always have the urge for another nova. I went through 3 novas, to a Vec Gsi, back to a bloody nova. Sh!te in comparison to the Vec, and can't explain why I went backwards....but we all do it. Stupid bloody things lol

NathanSRi
16-02-09, 01:57 AM
My mate said to me the other day a nova is the g-boy car from the 90's and won't get any better :( but he drives a Ka and i'd rather have a nova then a make-up bag :gay: lol:thumb:

stuartyj21
16-02-09, 07:19 AM
i love them but they arent without there problems which pisses you off now and again but these are the joys of having an 18yr old car...

Jack
16-02-09, 08:54 AM
Funny, every single girl I've come across (;)) prefers the Celica to the Nova. Ho hum :p

my mate took the mick out of me infront of some very nice lasses before i had a missis so i got a plate of metal and welded his exhaust shut ha now who has the crap car LOL i seen him trying to start it the next day was reater funny lol
Way to give Nova drivers a good name lol

My mate said to me the other day a nova is the g-boy car from the 90's and won't get any better but he drives a Ka and i'd rather have a nova then a make-up bag
FLOL @ calling a Nova gay then driving a Ka, I think your friend has denial issues lol lol lol

keithrg
16-02-09, 05:26 PM
all cars have good and bad points just your own prefference. Ive loved every car Ive owned for its own good point. well except the mk3 1.0 fiesta that was a pile of crap and the 1.3 mk3.5 fiesta auto. both had terrible paint and no performace. although 1.3 at sylverstone track was fun on 3 wheels and trying to hit 90mph and get round the bend was an adrerlin rush

Gashgusher
16-02-09, 06:16 PM
getting ripped by friends/family/ passers by for havin a nova is half the fun of ownin em. cant think of many more cars, especially ones of a similar age, that'd provoke a reaction from so many people. yeah they got stigma attached, but thats a good thing. give me all the **** you want, i dont care, coz i own a NOVA!!!!!!!!!!

GRUNT 16V
16-02-09, 07:33 PM
Ive Had Novas Most Of My Driving Carrer (10 Years) And I Have Had A Pi55 Taking Everyday For It , But Not One Of Them Had A Car That Could Match That Of My Nova Xe In The Speed Dept ,they Are A Bunch Of Fecking Idiots That Dont Under Stand Its No Different To Your Dad Owning A Mk1 Esort Or Cortina Rant Over!!

Jack
16-02-09, 07:37 PM
Grant, turn your caps lock off lol

Dar
16-02-09, 07:53 PM
I have never been mocked for owning a Nova. Plenty of times for being a short **** though :D

Mike
16-02-09, 07:57 PM
Baxter is right. They are ****e, rusty bricks. But we love them for some silly reason,and im sure nearly everyone on here would agree there adcitive, no matter how crap they are we want another :roll:

THree just the same as most 80's box, utter tosh! Fcuk, even Escort Mk1/2 owners have there bad days lol

But, overall, back in the day they were good, nowadays there fecking sheet. But as BRoadghost said, I like driving a car that can scare me, so Ive gone a bit OTT with the Nova, so it should be a bit mental :D

Gashgusher
16-02-09, 08:07 PM
yeah, they're worth having for the fear factor, seeing the look of terror on new passengers faces as you hit a ton on the m-way in a car the same age as them hahaha priceless

adam c
16-02-09, 08:51 PM
i get mocked all the time for having a nova so i just join in and mock the nova too!lol if you carnt beat them join them:p

but in all honesty what more could i expect?i drive round in a 17 year old classic chavs car!it puts a smile on my face so thats all that matters!lol

i could of bought a newer "better" car but i like a fun car that i can give stick round country lanes and actually enjoy myself and the nova does that fine.

Bubba
16-02-09, 08:52 PM
mines 23 years old...older than me lmao

General Baxter
16-02-09, 09:03 PM
I like driving a car that can scare me,

like blasting down the lanes with a 107bhp stripped out nova with ****ed 1 ltr brakes,

im really thinking of stripping it again :roll:

Mike
16-02-09, 09:06 PM
like blasting down the lanes with a 107bhp stripped out nova with ****ed 1 ltr brakes,

im really thinking of stripping it again :roll:

Yep lol wont be forgetting that for a while lol

Almost as fun as the Corsa/Evo drag race in Nottingham lol

General Baxter
16-02-09, 09:07 PM
Yep lol wont be forgetting that for a while lol
not bad really for a std engine with a shaved head lol lol

Mike
16-02-09, 09:09 PM
not bad really for a std engine with a shaved head lol lol

I dont think the chap in the Lotus was thinking that though!

MattBrown
16-02-09, 09:12 PM
I get a dailey "shut up you tit, you drive a nova!"

Its hilarious as most people have Sh!troen saxos! And call the nova poo?

When you explain the passion and idea of owning a nova you get laffed at and called a chav:wtf:

Leave them too it!

The less who want novas the more we all have to enjoy:thumb:

General Baxter
16-02-09, 09:12 PM
I dont think the chap in the Lotus was thinking that though!

well that engine is long gone, i managed to turn a 4pot into a 3 pot lol

Rich
16-02-09, 09:43 PM
lol it's true though!

The look on their face, as the bottom lip pokes out and eyes get all watery as you pass in a xe nova, whilst they wait for v-tec y0! lol

Bubba
16-02-09, 09:46 PM
more noise n no go

Smurf-Xx
16-02-09, 11:51 PM
people always take the piss but I really don't care. I like driving them!

I also had this changed as my desktop picture. they thought it was funny but i didn't...
it was just the shed originally but someone off here edited it some more lol

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/shed.jpg

Joe Richardson
13-05-09, 07:50 PM
I get stick all the time for owning a Nova:D

one lad said to me a work this week,he couldn't get over how much i paid for my SR,said he would only pay £200 max for itlol

I work for an Audi dealer,and im always saying that there **** cars to the lads,and they say 'how can you talk you own a Nova'lol

They all ****ing bum new cars,they dont understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twistysnovagte
13-05-09, 08:10 PM
YES, as in wtf are doing driving that!
only chavs and boy racer's own them!
you wanna sell that sh!t heap you got there and buy summat decent!
But you also get people who are like wow mate i aint seen one of them for donkeys years is it realy a GTE, and so on.
its 70/30 in favour of abuse unfortunatly:(

wwmnw
13-05-09, 08:11 PM
Quite regular i get "Why do you spend so much on an old car when you could save up and buy a new one" I cant ****ing afford a new car/bigger engined new car I would be paying it off for the rest of my life working where i work, I get alot of good and bad attention from owning one too.

A lot of people stop me and ask about it make good comments about it and every one else just wants to race (like the $hitron that tried today, But i was headed somewhere, Plus it was turbo'd mine is a 1.2 for now :()

kieran jackson
14-05-09, 09:47 PM
I also get stick all the time. If it isnt my mates that have never had a vauxhall let alone a nova, its my boss goin on about scrappin it and gettin something new, so i just say id rather spend penneis on reparing/maintaining it than emptying the bank and wallet to repair their modern ****.

Jack
14-05-09, 10:26 PM
people always take the piss but I really don't care. I like driving them!

I also had this changed as my desktop picture. they thought it was funny but i didn't...
it was just the shed originally but someone off here edited it some more lol

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/shed.jpg
LMFAO that was me (did the photobucket url not give it away lol). Forgot I did that. Pro shopping skillz lol

auzzy2000
14-05-09, 10:31 PM
at 40 years old i have had loads of people say wtf### u doing in that.take them for a ride and they soon get the message.great car f ing quick.great

MK999
14-05-09, 10:39 PM
LMFAO that was me (did the photobucket url not give it away lol). Forgot I did that. Pro shopping skillz lol

Needs a kingdom bumper

ade
14-05-09, 11:59 PM
lol

I took the SR to my local Kwikfit tonight to get a full set of rubber for the new steelies I have and I have NEVER seen a bunch of lads so excited about seeing an standard 1.3SR!

I turned up just as they were closing and the entire shop came out. 2 guys stood posing as it was jacked up on the ramp and took pictures!

Anyone would think it was a ferrari the way they were carrying on!

lol

Ernie
15-05-09, 07:31 AM
A couple of friends from my old work took the piss well that was untill some others had been out in it.
They soon asked for a spin to which i said no.
They wish they had never mocked it after seeing vids from combe.
Mum use to ask why i spent so much on me Nova's but she dont any more as been messing around with them for over 15 years now.

Bloody things.

FB_evolutions
15-05-09, 12:30 PM
yeh always be by the people that dont have a licence or a car :S lol

but part from that i carnt say any1 else hates it! my lady like work on it with me, and seems be a full town project at times lol

kc_08
15-05-09, 12:34 PM
yes some girl the other night proper abused me for having a nova thats apparently plastic lol, it dont have a kit on it or anything, then she was saying her dads a mechanic and all this and novas are **** lol, but i said ask your what what can touch a 2.016v turbo nova with a quaiffe and all the extras like stripped out, and she kept quiet, until she showed me pics of ehr dads elise :O so i was quite shocked lol she also lives local.

FB_evolutions
15-05-09, 12:42 PM
what i find funnest the most is kids who got rich lil daddys who fork out all the money for cars then they either get wrote off or cant be driven for ****!

theres a lad round these ways whos a rate tool! his dad brought him a c2 gt all cheap rally stickers all over and stuff will put a pic up of it! the lad wrote it off 3 times! first time was day he passed went down his own road put it on the side lol, 2nd time was snowing the lad said "dont under estermate how long i been driving"! went roud a corner thinking he was smart yanked the handbreak and hit 2 ballards lol (was funnest thing i seen) and third the tool handbreaked in a lamp post! then his daddy brought him a fiesta ST with a ford puma racing engine ( that we spanked all over country lanes & down the a500) will have get the video off my mates phone! and then brought a astra vxr tht i heard hes just ****ed. diffreted off subject abit i know! but shows u kids know nothing bout cars nowa days

GRUNT 16V
15-05-09, 12:42 PM
i keep telling people that my old xe was great etc etc but they keep telling me that its and i quote "ITS A NOVA" to which i reply yes it is and a fast one at that chunts!!

Rysee
15-05-09, 12:48 PM
I get it all the time, took my mum to the train station the other day doing 30 in a 30 and she was bricking it,

Shes gone well over 100 an it doesnt even feel quick in a 08 punto sporting

I want to smack people when they say "couldn't you afford a Corsa?"

At college yesterday a more door Nova luxe+ with a bad boy bonnet and a home made bumber nailed onto the original parked next to me...

... then i remmeber why people take the piss out of me for my Nova
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/Photo-0052.jpg

FB_evolutions
15-05-09, 12:54 PM
mate if anything made yours look a F**K load better

Jack
15-05-09, 01:27 PM
and she kept quiet, until she showed me pics of ehr dads elise :O so i was quite shocked lol she also lives local.
So how was she in bed? :D

Rysee
15-05-09, 02:54 PM
mate if anything made yours look a F**K load better

Its the fact aswell he thought "I know ill park next to this fellow like minded nova lover"

Spudly
15-05-09, 03:00 PM
Its the fact aswell he thought "I know ill park next to this fellow like minded nova lover"

That fool with the more door must hate novas if they willingly did that to it:eek:

joe 1.4sr
15-05-09, 04:39 PM
i nevr get mocked for it,everyone just says nice car lad

Cle
15-05-09, 04:58 PM
I get slagged off every day :(

muzzy
15-05-09, 05:04 PM
I get it twice as bad since i've got a Nova and a Corsa!

Spudly
15-05-09, 05:07 PM
I get it twice as bad since i've got a Nova and a Corsa!

And so you should, fancy having a corsa lol

MK999
15-05-09, 05:08 PM
And so you should, fancy having a corsa lol

Nova > Girly Bubble (sorry andrew lol)

muzzy
15-05-09, 05:18 PM
:p

Sloth
15-05-09, 05:27 PM
i have a 4dr fetish, i get abue more than most. and i seen to have aquired a mk3.... :D

skidmarkz
15-05-09, 05:30 PM
my misses WAS the worst for mocking me untill i decided to have a spirited drive while he was in the car, this is summat i wouldnt normally do through fear of handbaggage being throw at me lol..

anyway i destroyed a few high class cars and she now says my car is ok, but still thinks nova are for chavs lol!

BRoadGhost
15-05-09, 11:27 PM
Who cares women know fcuk all about many things, my mum said to my dad "Whatcha wanna DB5 for?" when they were first produced now they are worth six figures.

TBH ANY car can be made into almost anything.

It's like saying you'd never create a masterpiece because the paper you bought was from Tesco Basics range.

Metal is metal - Paper is paper. What matters is what's done with it.

Southie
16-05-09, 12:08 AM
I've been mocked for years for having a nova by a whole range of folk, all which have never had one I may say. It's amazing though how many people you talk too and they say " ooh I had one of them, it was a great little car ".

As long as there are parts and they can be welded then I will own a nova. :) fool oh yes lol

brainsnova
16-05-09, 12:29 AM
i never heard a bad word about mine. nova's are part of the worlds history :thumb: if you havent owned one then you havent lived.

bigdan1
16-05-09, 12:22 PM
i fort i was the only one lol ... it used 2 piss me off because i cant afford anything else but now the car has become my obsession and 2bf if people dont like it then they shouldn't look at it lol its a car at the end of the day and most people who take the piss are just jelous because they have paid 6k for a brand new clio or some other ****ty french car and it always breaks down haha
nova's am nothing to be ashamed of i love to drive mine because its as rare as rocking horse **** nowaday and if i see another nova driver i flash the lights out of respect lol :)

Rysee
17-05-09, 06:35 PM
i fort i was the only one lol ... it used 2 piss me off because i cant afford anything else but now the car has become my obsession and 2bf if people dont like it then they shouldn't look at it lol its a car at the end of the day and most people who take the piss are just jelous because they have paid 6k for a brand new clio or some other ****ty french car and it always breaks down haha
nova's am nothing to be ashamed of i love to drive mine because its as rare as rocking horse **** nowaday and if i see another nova driver i flash the lights out of respect lol :)

You havent got a blue sr have you?