PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe this !!!!!!

Ric 16v
24-12-02, 05:58 PM
I went to get a quote for a re-spray and a few other body mods the other week and I got teh quote today through the post, heres what it said: Further to our descution about the work you requested on the above car (nova), at best to do everything you want (full re-spray, inc-engine bay, smooth boot, arches for 17's and de-locked doors) would take at least 75 hours @?18 per hour plus vat. On top of that paint and materials would cost about ?400 so you would end up with a bill for ?2,000.00 or more, so my advice would be to save your money. yours faithfully, and I was like what :o :o :o here I am offering a bloke business to repair and re-spray my car and he baisically turns round and sais piss off !!!!! I couldn't believe it when I read it, I know it sounds alot but this guy is top dog for re-sprays, I'll have to ask around and see if any one else wants to do the work !!!!!

Anton
24-12-02, 06:00 PM
I reckon you had a lucky escape mate, seems ALOT OF MONEY for the work involved.

tomasti
24-12-02, 06:29 PM
2 grand! Woo, thats alot to spend in one go on paint and bodywork. Think of it! Thats another car right there!

carltoncrazy
25-12-02, 12:43 AM
im not giving our names or companys names etc,coz i dont wan any law suit,
but i think i know the guy who said that to you.
lol gutted mate
bud bud ding ding,plz cum again

Nova-Flair
25-12-02, 10:24 AM
:o 2 grand???!!! bet u could get the same work done, same quality for a cheaper price surely!

that bloke must be rolling in it if he is turning down 2k worth of job

have you tried n e of the bodyshops mentioned in mag features? might be a bit far to travel but if they do a decent job......

Slatter
25-12-02, 02:52 PM
Well You get what you pay for. I paid 1000 for my paint and to spray it.

And that didnt included any prep work we did all that.

Wot colour did you want it done??

Ric 16v
25-12-02, 04:12 PM
just the standard carmine red, I think he's sick of people going and asking for quotes and not going back for the work to be done !!!! I'll have to hunt around for some other bodyshops in my area

Phil_G
26-12-02, 01:06 AM
hi,

I think he's sick of people going and asking for quotes and not going back for the work to be done !!!!

with prices like that, its a good way to ensure that continues happening....

Phil[/quote]

?Marty?
26-12-02, 01:22 AM
Including engine bay?

Sounds about right to me.

mikeoxford
26-12-02, 01:50 AM
i thought all along that was a lot for the work u wanted doin

could so be spent on some custom kit or somthing els!!!

seems a lot for a standard colour.......i wouldnt pay it

Nova-Flair
26-12-02, 11:04 AM
+ if you spray the engine bay yourself it would be good practice for you :D

Ben Ritchie
26-12-02, 02:31 PM
yeah do the engine bay yourself.like they said if you fcuk up no1 is gonna see it are they! ?2000 wish i had that amount of money to spend on a spray.just get yourself a mint one for that price bodykitted and everything.

Ben :)

Ric 16v
26-12-02, 06:39 PM
I don't want to sell it coz it's an L reg and how many L reg nova's are there, not fcuking many !!!!! I just want to tidy it up a bit and keep the bodywork free of rust !!!!!!! not buy a whole new car !!!!!!

Jim
27-12-02, 05:38 PM
I've had similar things happen with me. When I was looking at getting my car partialy re-sprayed 2 years ago I went to half a dozen places and a couple of them turned round and said they don't do that sort of work, even though there were a body re-pair place. One place was Vauxhall approved and actually worked primarily on vauxhalls, but they never got back to me (nearly got shot by a farmer as I took a wrong turning when getting to the place, lol). Eventually I made the mistake of going with the cheapest quote and what a mistake that was!!!

My advice, shop around, and try and look at work that the place has done previously.

Jim

Ric 16v
27-12-02, 05:50 PM
my brother knows this lad with a blue nova with wide arch kit, massive rear spoiler, 17's etc and also had a full re-spray and the place I went to is the same place that all the bodywork had been done on the blue nova and the finish of the car is excellent that's why I went there !!!

?Marty?
27-12-02, 08:16 PM
Go round with a wad of cash and see if he'll do 'a foreigner', or something. Sure it might be standard paint, but the ammount of prep going into it is going to be the same as for any other paint.

It does seem a littlebit higher than most places, but it definitely is not excessive. Not with the engine-bay included.
And if his work is very good, the demand for it will be high, which is why he can afford to charge more (and risk 'losing' customers).