PDA

View Full Version : Quick Gearbox Question

Dod
12-02-09, 06:51 PM
Ok, its only minor and its basicially down to a lack of preperation on my behalf, but can anyone scan and copy or even just talk me through where to find the pin on the Box to set the linkages? The old drill bit and tighten up job.

I left all my Haynes Manuals at the Home house and I need to get all sorted for tomorrow.

Count Vaux Alot
12-02-09, 07:04 PM
Its to the right of the selector fork (as you look at the box) and usually has a plug (orange or white in colour) in it.
Take that out and put a 4.5mm drill bit into the hole then move the selector to the right (as you look at the box) you should be able to do this with your hands.
Then in the car - pull up the gear level gaiter find the hole in the gear stick to the left as you sit in the drivers seat and move the stick in to position so the hole lines up with the other hole in the selector housing and put a drill bit or punch etc in it.

The tighten the nut between the linkage and selector shaft and check you get all your gears!

chunk@streetrace.co.uk
12-02-09, 07:09 PM
beat me to it lol ^^^^

Dod
12-02-09, 07:28 PM
Cheers lads!! Rep For all!!

Adam
12-02-09, 09:34 PM
Bollox to all that drill bit nonsense lol lol

Put box in neutral, get someone to hold stick in neutral, tighten linkage clamp bolt, never fails lol

Dod
12-02-09, 10:02 PM
The Drill bit one did the trick and it was a one man operation. Cars hooked up and gone since 7.45. lol

jimbob-mcgrew
12-02-09, 10:45 PM
i use adams trick, but i do it by myself, if your careful not to knock anything outta place it can be done.

16xe_chris
12-02-09, 11:03 PM
Does this work when you have fitted a corsa gear lever to a nova???, think i've got all the gears but the engines not running yet and this does seem a really easy way of finding them all in one go :)

jimbob-mcgrew
13-02-09, 12:46 AM
i dont know for sure, but i'd imagine corsa's use the same setup as nova's, so most probably.

Dod
13-02-09, 08:54 AM
Yeah they have a small hole on the plactic part that the gear lever sits into, directly below that is another hole. Drop in the drill bit and you're away.