PDA

View Full Version : Gear Lever?

DAFTJOHN
12-02-09, 06:22 PM
My gear lever has come out in my hand???

Looking at the unit there is the lever and a spring about 5 inch, nothing else? I've manged to put it back together but the changes feel wrong anf the stick not stable. Should there be a circlip holding the stick down as it feels as if i could just pull it up and out????

Odd

Iain
12-02-09, 06:44 PM
IIRC to remove the lever from the housing you undo the 2 bolts on the bottom, push that up the lever and twist it 180 degrees. Then it'll just come off.

Can't imagine how yours has come out by itself, is the bottom part still bolted to the housing?

DAFTJOHN
12-02-09, 06:48 PM
There is a housing where the gear lever sits in and I twist it 180 to lock it but it doesn't seem to lock. There are no spare clips or nuts sitting in the area so nothing has come loose that was there before? Looks like the problem then that that stick should be attached to the housing...

Iain
12-02-09, 06:51 PM
You shouldn't be able to twist it 180 degrees without unbolting the bit in the bottom and pushing it up the lever.

I think Haynes has a good diagram.

DAFTJOHN
12-02-09, 06:59 PM
cheers - i sold my manual about a year ago not thinking I'd get another Nova:wtf:

Need to try and get another one and see where it's all going wrong.