PDA

View Full Version : Leaveing the scene of an accident

keithrg
11-02-09, 10:38 PM
I notice the car next to mine in parking bays had been hit. I scanned CCTV footage and watch someone drive into the street reverse. Then reverse into it, drop someone off and drive off. Leaving a busted rear light dented rear panel and Some light bumper damage. Guess what I beleive it was a women driver in a 4*4 like a Toyota land cruiser.
I thought this was classed as an offence for failing to leave details and failing to stop at the scene of an accident. But the police are not interested. Surely it's people like this who may well not have any insurance or even a License, That they should be pursuring. Glad I went shopping or it may have been my car.

heres vid sorry about quality dont have dvd reader. will add vid in min:thumb:

draper
11-02-09, 10:42 PM
it is an offence, all accidents also have to be reported within 24hrs

keithrg
11-02-09, 10:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct3YU15UXgI

Asa-James
11-02-09, 10:45 PM
if you can get the reg's off the cctv footage, try and track down the owner of the fezzie and give them the reg of the barge, plus a coppy og the cctv footage if possible.

and yes, it is an offence, they should be royally f**ked for stuff like that

bmw156
11-02-09, 10:47 PM
top quality video, better then normal cctv lol

and just pure reverses into it and then drives of, bastids lol

keithrg
11-02-09, 10:58 PM
Block with Fiesta coming round tomorrow to get copy. This will be the 4TH hit and run Ive caught on camera. Might find tape with them on and post another time.

draper
11-02-09, 10:59 PM
didnt the guy who walks into frame at 49secs get the reg ?

keithrg
11-02-09, 10:59 PM
I need to clean camera lenses as I havent since november.

keithrg
11-02-09, 11:00 PM
He was a school kid dont think he new what was really happening came to look at alarm going off.

Lee
11-02-09, 11:01 PM
Top drivin' skills there.

matt_vaughan
11-02-09, 11:12 PM
They dont want to know about that, but they love to hassle me when Im parked outside a pizza take away waiting for a mate. filled in full stop forms everything.

Emmy
11-02-09, 11:56 PM
If it was a accident they could have left their details at least :eek:

ade
12-02-09, 10:17 AM
thats shocking - must be some weay of geting the details and passing it on the the lad - his insurance company will have ability to track down the 4x4 owner!

I hate this sort of thing - it drives me up the wall becuase so many drivers get penalised for it either through hiked insurance premiums or loss of NCD

GRRRRRR!

ade
12-02-09, 10:20 AM
didnt the bloke who stoipped and stared get the reg? Also you know where she dropped her mate off - I'd pass dtls to the lad and tell him to go round and chap the door!

16xe_chris
12-02-09, 10:48 AM
Thats proper shocking!!!! I'd freeze frame the film and get it blown up then find there address, then i'd go stick a jcb into the back of her land cruiser.

P.S. There's a good chance she'll be back to drop the same person off again, check more of your footage for previous drop offs!!!?

Shaun_O'Donnell
12-02-09, 10:51 AM
That is shocking, looks like the Fiesta hits the wall.

Plug
12-02-09, 10:55 AM
The police cared when i left an accident both times i got a ac10 on my licence

imnobby
12-02-09, 11:16 AM
it is an offence, all accidents also have to be reported within 24hrs

incorrect not all accidents have to be reported, aslong as both parties are happy with going through insurance and there is not alot of bodys parts all over the floor you dont have to report it, but with the case as explained as above yes it is an offence.

dj_wudgey
12-02-09, 03:20 PM
this is why the police are complete waste off f*cking time they cant be botherd to do sh*t!! well apart from harras us road users what a load off muppets pigs are !!!

Spudly
12-02-09, 03:49 PM
This sort of this really boils my piss, i along with all of my mates take care when parking and manoeuvering anywhere near other cars (obviously this is mainly due to taking care of our cars) but thats not the point, we all had to drive to a decent standard and be able to park at one point in order to pass a driving tests so why cant people do it anymore?

Refresher courses every so many years imo:thumb:

novanova636
12-02-09, 06:13 PM
that is unreal. Balaclarva and a baseball bat should sort them out once you get the address!!

Rich
12-02-09, 07:52 PM
^ yeah thats a great idea!

Really winds me up when i see people that cant park, or even drive full stop! They then go and buy the biggest peice of **** 4x4 they can afford. The fact the police dont want to know doesnt suprise me either, if its not a quick £60 fine or a quick pull over to pass time until the end of the shift they never do care!

keithrg
12-02-09, 11:27 PM
Thats proper shocking!!!! I'd freeze frame the film and get it blown up then find there address, then i'd go stick a jcb into the back of her land cruiser.

P.S. There's a good chance she'll be back to drop the same person off again, check more of your footage for previous drop offs!!!?

I thought that tonight gonna have a nose in min:thumb:

stuartyj21
13-02-09, 06:54 AM
typical woman driver, she had loads of room to get in there to...