PDA

View Full Version : Wide Arches

Anonymous
15-11-00, 03:59 PM
If i put a wide arch kit on a nova gsi will it make it easier to put bigger wheels on. E.G. 16's or 17's.

Anonymous
15-11-00, 05:20 PM
Yep !!

Anonymous
15-11-00, 07:24 PM
Yes, a lot easier. If your going to put 17`s on with the arches go for a low offset, I bought et45`s and they rub on the wheel buckets, I`ve got 1 inch wheel spacers that need fitting so I can drop it again. You`ll have to bump stop it to fuck if you go for et45, et 49`s probably won`t clear the buckets!

Anonymous
16-11-00, 10:22 AM
u could roll the arches up to give u an extra inch or so
but i don't know whether the wide kit will still fit.

Anonymous
16-11-00, 11:35 AM
OK Keith when you say low offset are we talking low number wise as in ET37 or something along those lines.
Or i'm i completetly wrong

Anonymous
16-11-00, 06:23 PM
Yeh, I recon you`d be better off around et30 with the kit on, Ian Storey`s dropped 40 with 17`s but I don`t know what offset his were, what bumpstops he`s used, or how comfortable it is? I bumpstopped mine to fuck when I lowered it but the ride was awful! I`m gonna order the rear arches from Magnum Motorsport, They`re GRP though so it may be a bastard fitting them, I might relocate the fuel filler as well while i`m at it, maybe inside the boot?. So far I`ve folded + welded the rear 1/4`s inline with the wheel bucket cross-section so i can spacer the wheels out as much as necessay b4 fitting the flaired arches. You`re best bet is to have a chat with your local bodyshop about the arch work, to see how far out the arches will go and order your wheels using this info. The Lotus Nova I`ve seen in a mag used et36 wheels and that was dropped 60, choose tyres with nice round edges as well, this will also prevent rubbing the buckets. Hope this helps!