PDA

View Full Version : Another digi dash question!!

leggattr
11-02-09, 07:13 PM
Iv read the thread on fitting these and looked at all questions and posts on here aswell but theres just a few things i want to check before i solder and tape up all my wiring. its being fitted to a mk2 1.2 nova hatch
i have a brown/yellow wire left hanging on the nova loom. is this the current oil signal that goes to my old dash? as i have a oil pressure sender wire to connect up still. i have been given a oil pressure sender for the digi dash so will this fit my 1.2 nova engine? if so this will be straight forward.
also as i havent got my dash with me is there wiring on the loom for a choke warning light?

any help will be great
cheers
richard

Dave.
11-02-09, 09:05 PM
check my sig dude for a wiring diagram and guide :thumb:

Nova_Dog
11-02-09, 10:32 PM
on the digi dash theres no choke signal warning light that im aware of as i just fitted one myself

bmw156
11-02-09, 10:45 PM
im looking for an oil pressure sender damn you.

and for fitting of them , they go in the bottom right corner of the engine if you are sitting in the car. thing they plug in or screw in, shoudl be wiring some where already for them.

leggattr
12-02-09, 09:51 AM
Cheers guys, iv looked at the digi dash guide for many hours just to make sure i dont mess up, i also printed one of the total vaux website.
Its just the brown/yellow wire im not 100%, maybe its ment to be the brown/white wire on the guide? or as i dont have a oil pressure wire in my loom ( blue/yellow) maybe its that?

AlexW
12-02-09, 05:20 PM
IIrc you do have to put a couple of wires into one, but just check all the lights etc. If it works then its fine lol.

Oil pressure sender screws into where the old swich is. The connection for that is taped onto another wire further up the loom (Easy enough to find though) At the dash the wire should be there, dispite it only being a pov spec etc