PDA

View Full Version : neon lights can You help ????

baha_guy
23-12-02, 02:20 AM
:arrow: I no you can get neon lights that Plugs directly into your cigarette lighter.
But i would like to no can you buy neon that DONT Plug directly into your cigarette lighter. because i dont have a cigartte lighter in my nova.

_JH_
23-12-02, 02:50 AM
dunno much at all about 'neons', but cant you just cut the lighter plug off and piggyback the wires onto something behind the fuse box? if you buy one that doesnt plug to your lighter your gonna need to do some wiring anyway surely? :?

Alex
23-12-02, 09:23 PM
yeah, just take off the connector and wire to a live and an earth. Piece of piss

mikeoxford
25-12-02, 12:55 AM
especially if there footwell ones - wire them to the door pin to come on when door opened - will come on also when you flick the interior light also :D disconnect or simpler, remove blub from normal yella lighgt in roof

if its boot - wire it into the boot light - take blub out and put spade connectors on.

jobs a gudden

RobHardyUK
25-12-02, 11:05 PM
im confused, but interested, because like this chap i also want neons! I mean i got a ciggy lighter, but dont wanna use it,so what exactly can i do to avoid using it?????? i like the idea of it coming on with the interior light, and when i open the doors!!! :wink:

mikeoxford
26-12-02, 01:57 AM
well like i said.............. pull the interiror light out or whatever you want it wired to

you need to find the +ve and -ve wire from the 2 by using a test meter really.

then splice into the wires for the neons (include a manual overide switch if you want)

then either simply take the existing bulb out, leave it in, or disconnect it

Ben Ritchie
26-12-02, 02:01 PM
sounds like a lot of work mate. i am just sh!t with wires thats all but i reckon you should do it if you have the time and energy

Ben