PDA

View Full Version : which dizzy!

mikeoxford
22-12-02, 09:08 PM
howdy!

im having a 1.4 bottom end, and 1.3 modified head, and 1.3 cam shaft assembly.

now then, thats the setup - no alternatives! ive settled on it now!!!

the dizzy cap i got with it is bust, SO

questions are as follows: (theyll answer all possible outcomes)

:?: will a 1.4 distributer fit a 1.3 cam housing? will the drive on the cam be the same?
:?: will a 1.3 distributer have same wires as currently on my 1.4 SR? and will it work?
:?: would there be any difference (performance or otherwise) between using a 1.3 or 1.4 dizzy? or not
:?: advantages of 1.4 or 1.3 dizzy........?

answer any of the above and ill be grateful!

thanks again

im confused - the epc dosent really help a great deal, ive got my nose in the haynes at the moment!

tah
mike

mikeoxford
22-12-02, 09:11 PM
what im trying to get at is should i go a scrapy or even buy a new dizzy cap and be done with it, or wont it mate up to my existing wires in my 1.4 engine bay?

and would it be better to use either 1.3 or 1.4 dizzy

lol ill leave it at that cos im starting to confuse myself!

mix n match
22-12-02, 10:24 PM
well i would say to use the 1.4 dizzy as you already have the coil and wireing (which is different), i am running the same set up with a kent ast 1 intended for a 1.3 and have had to remove a bit from the dizzy shaft where it goes into the end of the camshaft.

You could avoid this by using the 1.3 dizzy but you would need to change the coil/acumulator and mod the wireing to suit the different plugs.

Hope this helps m8 :D

mikeoxford
22-12-02, 10:34 PM
cool, ok then how did you modify it, whats the difference? obviously i dont wanna take dizzy of my car until it comes of road as i dont wanna fook it up!

similary i cant w8 until i do take it off the road as i need all the bits to get it back on the road again!!!

chicken and egg or what!?