PDA

View Full Version : Problem with getting money for car

muzzy
09-02-09, 09:05 PM
Right i sold my Astra 3 weeks ago to someone my fiance knows, the guy said he couldnt afford to pay the whole amount up at once so i said well give me a deposit and you can take the car and pay the rest on the 28th January. Well that has been and gone and still no money, just endless excuses. His mums is meant to be paying for it as a birthday present and she was in hospital with a broken hip and dosent want to go out in the snow to the bank. So tonight i said look if you dont have the money then give me the car back bearing in mind he has been driving it about for the last 3 weeks, he then said ill give you the car back if you give me my deposit back :roll:

So what should i do, he says he will speak to his mum tomorrow but ive heard that about 4 times now and never got anywhere. I cant just turn up at his house because he is a pretty big guy and well im not lol

Also been told he is driving with no insurance so he is risking getting the car impounded as well.

Asa-James
09-02-09, 09:14 PM
do you still have the log book?

"hello mr orificer, my cars been stolen..."

Simon 1867
09-02-09, 09:14 PM
To be honest matey, you shouldnt sell a car without first getting the full amount. If he left you a deposit then you should have kept hold of the car untill he had the full amount.

To save any more hassel i would give him the deposit back and get the car back. Dont want to risk the police getting hold of it, other wise your wors off.

Take it as lesson learnt.

Good luck

VXandy
09-02-09, 09:15 PM
do you still have the log book?

"hello mr orificer, my cars been stolen..."

Agreed:thumb:

bmw156
09-02-09, 09:17 PM
yeh if you have log book then you should be "ok"

and its a lesson learnt that you dont give the item until fully paid for.

you dont walk into morrisons and say im taking 200 quids worth of shoping, heres 50 quid, i will come back soemtime and pay you

sulphur
Grow a pair and go to his door. Pay up, or get the keys. The guys not exactly gonna slap you about for wanting money he agreed to pay.Nice n simple. If he kicks up a fuss, then go with the above mentioned ^.

spud87
just smash him up

novaxe235
09-02-09, 09:20 PM
just smash him upas above f u c k him up oh and then take the car back

Pistol Pete
09-02-09, 09:21 PM
Give him his deposit and claim the car back. In future dont sell a car until you have all the funds, whoever they are.

sulphur
09-02-09, 09:21 PM
Doesn't get the keys, or the money though....does it? :wtf:

Edit: referring to spud87 & novaxe235

Pistol Pete
09-02-09, 09:23 PM
/\ was just thinking the same thing. He has a punch up, matey goes to the old bill a whole heap of trouble flares up!!

muzzy
09-02-09, 09:23 PM
I do still have the documents as i said he wouldnt get them until he paid in full.

This is the first and last time i will be doing that trust me, i know you say grow a pair but he wont just hand over the keys. Im considering giving him the deposit back but he knew that he was paying that on a non refundable condition.

Sloth
09-02-09, 09:24 PM
just smash him up

oh yeah real clever......:wtf:

picture this spud87. you go round his gaff. bang on the door, he opens iit. you **** him. he pulls a gun/knife and kills ya. well done. your dead, hes got ya car and ya missus/mum/dog/goldfish is alone. welldone:thumb:

if ya ask him youll most probably get. then id go with nova srish's idea.

sulphur
09-02-09, 09:25 PM
Go to his door, tell him you want you money by Friday, if nothing happens by friday..your cars been stolen. Simples.

Pistol Pete
09-02-09, 09:26 PM
Indeed /\

stevie-p
or you should have got him to sign an agreement say 100 pond deposit recieved and 350 to pay on the date

nick_nova
send the boys round...

General Baxter
09-02-09, 09:27 PM
its only a mk3 astra, let it go lol

tbh why do it?

you have all the docs, he could just go and crash it, not pay the rest, or bollock thru a load of speed cameras

muzzy
09-02-09, 09:29 PM
If i report it stolen and they find it then they will speak to him and he will tell them he bought it on the other hand i still wont get the money and then have to actually pay to get a new lock set.

I've made a total **** up of this i know!

Sloth
muzzy id report it knicked bud

NovaBoi92
well the car has technically been stolen if you have asked for it back but he has refused. and + if you are certain hes driving it around with no insurance...

Andy
09-02-09, 09:31 PM
The forum gangstas are out i see lol
Really should never "lay cars on" It always ends in tears.Seen it so many times.Recipe for disaster.If he says you get the car back in return for his deposit,then you really have no choice but to do so.Yeah ring the feds,his word against yours with no receipt! Consider it a stupid mistake learnt the hard way.

Pistol Pete
09-02-09, 09:32 PM
If i report it stolen and they find it then they will speak to him and he will tell them he bought it on the other hand i still wont get the money and then have to actually pay to get a new lock set.

I've made a total **** up of this i know!

If he bought it why is the V5 still in your name. Explain to them the situation if they ask. Job done. Speak to him first though, see of you can sort it without involving the police. And yes, learn from this.

muzzy
09-02-09, 09:33 PM
Yeh he actually told me himself he didn't have insurance and for some reason thought i still had a policy out on the car and asked me to add him to it!

Its not much money he owes but thats not really the point, i was being decent in letting him have the car because his mum was ill and all i get is a kick in the balls.

Al3x
09-02-09, 09:41 PM
hmm like baxter said... he could have gone like a tw@ through a load of speed traps and its still in your name mate... if you involve police and say its been stolen you get a load of tickets through the door. cant exactly say to the plob ya can got lifted 3 weeks ago and get off with the tickets :S

L14MNP
09-02-09, 09:41 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/General_Ridley/MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif?t=1193801972

muzzy
09-02-09, 09:42 PM
I really dont want to report it stolen because as has been said this could cause alot more problems for me.

NovaBoi92
09-02-09, 09:42 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/General_Ridley/MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif?t=1193801972

HA HA HA HA

Pistol Pete
09-02-09, 09:45 PM
I really dont want to report it stolen because as has been said this could cause alot more problems for me.

Get on the blower to the lad you "sold" it to and sort it. Tell him you want the outstanding money by friday at the latest or the car back.

lol @ Liam..

muzzy
09-02-09, 09:46 PM
Cheers for all the replies.

I will see if anything unfolds tomorrow once he has spoken to his mum, if nothing then ill just say i want the car back and he can get his money!

adam c
09-02-09, 09:51 PM
how big is he?lol

L14MNP
09-02-09, 09:52 PM
Keep going. I agree with Pete too!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/ViperVisor/GetYoPopcornReady.gif

muzzy
09-02-09, 10:00 PM
hes 6 foot something and is built quite alot like a tank lol

If i went round id obviously invite everyone on here to come with their popcorn to see what happens lol

Mike
09-02-09, 10:04 PM
Gentlemans agreement gone terribly wrong.

Report the car as stolen if its still registered in your name. Failing that, report him for driving no insurance and accept youve lost your car.

ant_tay
09-02-09, 10:09 PM
if the car gets impounded can you not go there yourself with valid insurance and the v5 and get the car back report him for no insurance

muzzy
09-02-09, 10:11 PM
The only possible good point about the car getting impounded is that my mate works for the recovery company that have the police contract but i doubt they would let me have the car back without paying the storage/uplift fee.

nick_nova
09-02-09, 10:11 PM
hes 6 foot something and is built quite alot like a tank lol

If i went round id obviously invite everyone on here to come with their popcorn to see what happens lol

im game :D

brainsnova
09-02-09, 10:16 PM
give him his deposit back minus rent which is his desposit then take the car back off him and being fat isnt a tank lol

muzzy
09-02-09, 10:21 PM
OK well he is maybe a bit fat lol

Im not sure how much he would agree with this whole rent idea either but i might just say the deposit will cover his rental for 3 weeks!

Mike
09-02-09, 10:24 PM
If said car is in your name, surely you have a spare key? Go fcuking claim it back and stop fcuking about typing on here.

TBH, its not really a hard situation to resolve.

Pistol Pete
09-02-09, 11:27 PM
Nail, the, hit, head, on....lol

Who gives a flying **** how big he is. Fact of the matter is he has dicked you about. Go round and have a chat with him and resolve it. Keep us updated aswell.

EDIT: tell us when you have either car or money. No more "oh what should i do" business..

brainsnova
09-02-09, 11:33 PM
and if you need the png mafia you know who to ask.

muzzy
09-02-09, 11:36 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow what happens, if nothing then ill just go round with a mate and get the car back.

stevenf
10-02-09, 05:29 AM
i had the exact same problem with a corsa. sold it too a so called "friend" who arranged to pay me so much a week. after three weeks i still never seen anymore money but luckily i kept the spare key for it so went round and took it and he reported the car stolen lol. the police came round to my door and asked if i had the persons car and i said no so they read me the reg number and i said "oh thats my car". they asked how that was and i explained he hadnt paid for it so i took it back with the spare key. they then said it was a civil matter and not a police problem and he never got any money back :D

if you have a spare key go and take it. :thumb:

Jack
10-02-09, 07:35 AM
LMFAO @ this thread lol

So. You let some guy (doesn't matter if he's friend or family) take your car without paying for it in full? And you expect him NOT to bugger off without paying the rest? Call my mr cynical and I'll call you mr naïve lol

Tell him you need the money by the end of next week. If he doesn't pay up you'll be forced to reclaim the car by whatever means, i.e. ringing the police and reporting it stolen - as lets face it, he's taken something of yours against your will without paying for it. That accounts to theft does it not? Don't dick about with the keyboard warrior suggestions, just leave it up to the fuzz (and if its going to cause bother with him, well you can take the moral high ground in that he's the one who stuffed up and couldn't keep up his end of the bargain).

www.askmid.com to check if its insured. If not, I would also tell him to sort out some insurance sharpish else you'll have to do your civic duty of reporting it. Again,

More fool you for keeping the V5 etc in your name too. For all you know, in 14 days time a whole bunch of NIPs could drop through your door. Lesson learned I suppose, if in future only part with something when payment is made in full - if they can't afford it all at once, boo hoo tell them to get a loan or something.

novaxe235
10-02-09, 10:41 AM
muzzy id report it knicked budreal clever as well you report the car stolen after how long of this guy having it ? then when the police find out you sold the car to him after this guy tells them with the keys in his hand , who then gets done by the police ? another thing this guy will not be happy if you report the car stolen and the police knock on his door he will probably end up coming looking for you so if i were you i would go and see him and say wheres my keys if he dos'ent hand them over tell him you are going to report stolen then in front of him, with out thinking he will probably s h i t him self and hand over the keys either that or give you a smack so be ready and if he does buy him some flowers, give him a little hug and a kiss and maybe get him a pet kitten in self defence obviously

Pistol Pete
10-02-09, 11:59 AM
lol @ /\

L33 LEG
10-02-09, 12:27 PM
iv bought two cars off my mate and paid him monthly for it and got the cars straight away. so some people can be trusted.

but anyway, if i was you i would give him until the end of the week to give you the money back. if he doesnt then you should take the car back without giving the non refundable deposit back. if that fails then just nick it. as said, the car is in your name.

saying that though, some of you may have heard my nova situation with the previous owner not sending off the logbook and is apparantly going to send it off scrapped. what is stopping him from 'nicking' it back off me when he still has the logbook? (but without the v5c/2)

muzzy
10-02-09, 01:56 PM
Checked that database and it says the car is not on it.

Im sort of at the point now that id rather neither of us had the car and just put it down to being a **** and learn from it.

bmw156
10-02-09, 01:58 PM
you cant just let it go dude, yeh you made a BIG mistake, but you are either out of pocket, or out of a car. this is not fair. if you let it go, then he will think he can get away with it again.

go around his house.

Southie
10-02-09, 01:59 PM
Why don't you just car share with the bloke. Then your both happy :D

Sunday can be the day when you both help each other and fix it lol

muzzy
10-02-09, 02:04 PM
He was wanting me to add him to my insurance because for some reason thought id still have a policy out on the car lol

J4MES
10-02-09, 02:07 PM
Sounds like a tool!! SPeak to him and say he's got 7 days to pay the full amount or get the police involved re: theft/no insurance.

Jack
10-02-09, 02:07 PM
what is stopping him from 'nicking' it back off me when he still has the logbook? (but without the v5c/2)
Having your name on the logbook is apparently not proof of ownership.

novaxe235
10-02-09, 02:18 PM
how much does he owe you

muzzy
10-02-09, 02:18 PM
£215

L33 LEG
10-02-09, 02:19 PM
Having your name on the logbook is apparently not proof of ownership.

thats what i thought. but then half the people in this thread are saying get the police involved and report it stolen as the logbook is still in this guys name.

novaxe235
10-02-09, 02:26 PM
thats what i thought. but then half the people in this thread are saying get the police involved and report it stolen as the logbook is still in this guys name.having the log book in your name dos'ent mean you own the car its bull **** read the back of one it says so possesion is 9/10's of the law as said before the police would'nt entertain doing anything about it as its a civil matter . the only way is to get it back your self mate.

Simon 1867
10-02-09, 02:30 PM
6 pages and no progress?
can see this turning into a L33 LEG threadlol lol

Jack
10-02-09, 02:31 PM
thats what i thought. but then half the people in this thread are saying get the police involved and report it stolen as the logbook is still in this guys name.
Yep, but the receipt that says "deposit paid, money owed £xyz" proves ownership.

....wait, you did... Oh.

meritlover
10-02-09, 02:31 PM
i know someone with an Astra. when i see them i will tell them to pay you the money they owe you.

do not worry. meritlover will sort out this aweful mess.

Jack
10-02-09, 02:33 PM
Thank <insert deity here> for Mmeritlover. Without him this world would be a dark place

J4MES
10-02-09, 02:33 PM
meritlover to the rescue!!lol

muzzy
10-02-09, 02:36 PM
lol

The only way id involve the police is due to the no insurance as i would anyway regardless whos car it was. Im not reporting it stolen as its a civil matter anyway since he has a key etc.

stevenf
10-02-09, 02:37 PM
the question is though do you still have the spare key?

L33 LEG
10-02-09, 02:39 PM
lol @ simon

thats alright then, was just making sure. anyway on the astra situation, good luck getting your money back!

Simon 1867
10-02-09, 02:41 PM
^^^ thought you might have a giggle at that

muzzy
10-02-09, 02:44 PM
No i dont have a spare key as there was only one key for the car.

I just spoke to him and he is saying if i want the car back i need to give him the deposit back so im just going to do that to save all the pissing about.

white2lSR
10-02-09, 02:47 PM
More

white2lSR
10-02-09, 02:47 PM
Fool

white2lSR
10-02-09, 02:48 PM
You!

Shaun_O'Donnell
10-02-09, 03:13 PM
Take the car back agreeing to pay him back the deposit, but you don't have the money right now and that your Mum is going to give it to you for your birthday......

.....has this been tried already? lol

Jack
10-02-09, 03:16 PM
LMFAO @ shaun!

Fair enough, just give the car a quick once over before handing back the cash.

Lesson learnt methinks.

muzzy
10-02-09, 04:43 PM
I'm getting the car back tomorrow!

Cheers all

L14MNP
10-02-09, 05:09 PM
Can I be next to rent it for free? lol

muzzy
10-02-09, 05:11 PM
Give me a deposit and keep it as long as you like lol

Andy
10-02-09, 05:27 PM
This is lame now.Grow a spine and get your car back

muzzy
10-02-09, 05:32 PM
I just said im getting it back tomorrow....

Pistol Pete
10-02-09, 05:35 PM
Good.

L14MNP
10-02-09, 08:56 PM
I just said im getting it back tomorrow....

Pics or ban lol

CP
10-02-09, 09:13 PM
i know someone with an Astra. when i see them i will tell them to pay you the money they owe you.

do not worry. meritlover will sort out this aweful mess.

lol quality.

DW-Nova
10-02-09, 09:42 PM
Take the car back agreeing to pay him back the deposit, but you don't have the money right now and that your Mum is going to give it to you for your birthday

/\ Ha ha, that sounds like a good idea !! seriously though, just say that to him and see what he says ? I know it's petty and your certainly best off getting the car back but i definetley wouldnt be giving him the deposit back ! simply out of principle. What a complete prick this bloke sounds like ! even if you do it this way you've got to get you ownback on him for all the s**t that he's been causing !

dj_wudgey
10-02-09, 10:41 PM
/\ Ha ha, that sounds like a good idea !! seriously though, just say that to him and see what he says ? I know it's petty and your certainly best off getting the car back but i definetley wouldnt be giving him the deposit back ! simply out of principle. What a complete prick this bloke sounds like ! even if you do it this way you've got to get you ownback on him for all the s**t that he's been causing !

i agree mate this guy has proper taken the p*ss like!!!

DW-Nova
18-02-09, 10:48 PM
What happened in the end mate ?