PDA

View Full Version : How scankin' is yours?

ade
21-12-02, 11:01 PM
I hate this weather! :x

You wouldnt believe it but I actually washed my car 3 days ago!
:o

I was driving to work yesterday and the amount of sh1te on the roads was SO bad, I used almost an entire reservior of screen wash just keeping my windscreen clear - I couldnt see through my lights - not good when you have to drive 50 miles to work on the motoray every day!

So how scankin's your nova?

Here's some pics of mine (I'm scared what that sh1te doing to my paintjob!)

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/7f9b1b8e/bc/project-gsi/back+end.jpg?bcHLkB.A1vJdHOoe

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/7f9b1b8e/bc/project-gsi/back+end2.jpg?bcHLkB.AyWp9SSA.img]

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/7f9b1b8e/bc/project-gsi/front.jpg?bcuZPB.AU7pzutmZ

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/7f9b1b8e/bc/project-gsi/front.jpg?bcHLkB.Aj17DutmZ

Getting her washed tomorrow - cant see the point really... :(

Ade

(Exactly 2 weeks till I get married!)

Anton
21-12-02, 11:04 PM
thats almost as manky as mine! :D

Dan
21-12-02, 11:12 PM
just think of allllll that lovely salt getting into every nook and cranny around the shell and what it will be slowly doing it.

sorry for the non subtle approach but this is why i never drive mine in winter and leave it hidden away (thank god for company cars), i know summer is similar judging by the last one but all will be done for 2003 :lol: :lol:

Nova-Flair
21-12-02, 11:18 PM
mine was nice n shiny last time i seen it cos

a) i neva really drive it that much due a lack of driving licence
+
b) i just washed it roughly 10 hours ago :D

but for the amount of time it has been driven there was a sh!t load of mank on there.

Ian
21-12-02, 11:19 PM
lol you dont drive it in summer either

dan16v
21-12-02, 11:27 PM
THIS SORT OF THING MAKES ME GLAD IM BANNED! :D

mikeoxford
22-12-02, 12:03 AM
weathers a bitch ennit - i wont take my car to a car wash either as they usually come out looking worse with streaks and everything everywhere, gonna have to start using jet wash, but dont like that either as people leave the tools all over floor - collect grit and shit ennit - wankas

so i will have to start my religious routine of washing car every weekend now or summat

have to go moms work and borrow there steam cleaner

locky
22-12-02, 11:00 AM
Its not the driving the car that gets mine dirty, its where i park it,
I park across the way from a building site, theres nower else to park, and so all the mud off the roads gets blown onto the car by the lorries, its on the main road aswell, so other vehicles splash allsorts of shit onto it! the amount of dirt n dust n crap that gets onto my car is phenominal, i can was my car at lunchtime, and it'll b dirty by 5 o'clock, and that aint a lie!

ade
22-12-02, 10:38 PM
(reposted pics as they vanished for some reason!)

Didnt get chance to wash car today :(

Gonna get this bloke I know to give a full valet, inside and out - he uses special sponges!

Real pro
:o

for only ?6!

:P

Gleam

8)

Tilly
22-12-02, 10:41 PM
Ummm ok i havent washed mine since Trax how guilty do i feel. But its been to cold and i dont want to use a car wash

Stuart
22-12-02, 10:49 PM
i havent washed mine since late july and i dont intend to unitl maybe late april.

the pics look good, keep her in a nice shade of road grime :D

mikeoxford
22-12-02, 10:59 PM
bloody hell ade!

first time i seen pics

they werent workin last time i checked!!!

cheaper than buying anti camera number plates :lol:

Jim
23-12-02, 12:44 AM
I've not washed my car since the beginning of the month.

I've actually found the weather hasn't been too bad so far this winter. Either way I'm saving for a re-spray so hopefully as much rust as possible will be removed and the body work will be in good condiition. I'll try and keep it that way then, but for the moment I'm enjoying driving my car :)

Jim

ade
23-12-02, 12:14 PM
:evil: bloody yahoo! :evil:

damn pics down again!!!

they keep changing naming conventions!!!

:evil:

For those that care - it was red now its black with sh1te!

Mind you its currently p1ssing it down outside - well heavy so hopefully it'll wash most of the crqap off the roads and take the dirt off my car aswell

:)