PDA

View Full Version : 2l 8v Exhaust Fitting on a GSI

paul91085
08-02-09, 10:54 PM
How does the exhaust system work with the 2l 8v in a nova GSI? Is it a case of having to weld pieces together and make them fit or can you buy a system that will fit?

The system i have is a Janspeed four branch manifold and down Pipe connected to a Scorpion Stainless system. The problems is that it hangs very low down and as a result it scrapes every road bump i go over. It also looks like its been bodged to hang on the car using a series of exhaust rubbers!

Whats the best way to go about modifying/replacing it?

Paul

Steve
08-02-09, 11:09 PM
The 2.0 8v downpipes are the same length as the 16vs I ran a 2.0 8v downpipe on a custom system designed for the 16v and it was a perfect fit. Although that was a cav downpipe, I maybe wrong but I think the astra downpipes were shorter.

Get yourself a decent exhaust system, ashley are good although a bit on the loud side. or you could have your current system modified if you want.

paul91085
08-02-09, 11:38 PM
Well i was looking at an ashley system made for a gsi, but was unsure on how it would mate up to the manifold. Will have to have a good look at what ive got and decide what to do.

I havn't had the car long so am new to these problems where you have to mix and match bits from different models and make it fit.

Steve
09-02-09, 12:22 AM
Ashley do a manifold designed for the 2.0 16v conversion but that wont fit your 8v head. Best bet is to mod your current exhaust if your happy with the way it sounds. Or buy another one and have it either heat and bended till it fits or if its too short they can weld in a length to suit it.

My manifold was too short as it came off a mk2 cav so I had about 6" welded in.