PDA

View Full Version : 1.6-1.8 8v cavvy engine info?

Aragorn
21-12-02, 08:08 PM
ok im wondering if the injected versions of these engines are single point

as far as i can tell they all/some are single point - so what i wanna know is which injection system they have

im looking to see if a bigger injector is available for my C14NZ as i dunno if i wanna be feckin about with carbs

any help would be appreciated (FYI all i want to do is squeese SR power outta the C14NZ, i was planning SRi manifold and GTE center section to free up the flow a bit, an SR cam and possibly a 1.3 head if i can make the inlet manifold match up and an induction kit)

i really dont want people saying "junk the SPi and go for carbs" i know the differences n stuff im just pondering this idea for now as it is another option that is a good bit cheaper than the others i have at the moment

also does anyone know the differences between the 12NZ and 14NZ's ECU?

carltoncrazy
21-12-02, 10:13 PM
1.6 on wards was mutipoint
woteva muppet told u a 1.8 enigne is single point injection needs a hot poker stuck up his ass,twisted,expanded then pulled out removing all the shit inside him that he talks.

mikeoxford
21-12-02, 11:01 PM
:lol: no wonder you got the boot from college!!! - who taught you that one!?

you never did tell us why u got the boot ian mate?

Aragorn
22-12-02, 02:29 AM
naw - there are definetly refrences to SPi cavvy engines

K&N and Green both do induction kits for the 1.6-2.0 SPi and another kit for the 2.0 MPi

ive also seen mentions of it in various places so im damn sure it exists

just need someone with a cavvy haynes to check it up for meh

cornish
23-12-02, 07:08 PM
Sorry carltoncrazy but he is right, there is a 1.6SPi Cav engine, 75bhp and an 1.8SPi, 90bhp.

carltoncrazy
23-12-02, 09:06 PM
hang on we used 2 have a mk2 1.8 cav,and it was muti point
oh well me rong

cornish
25-12-02, 10:31 AM
I'm not saying there isn't a 1800MPi but i'm saying there is defo a 1600SPi and an 1800SPi.

carltoncrazy
25-12-02, 06:56 PM
mike i got booted for key red Sr with sr 3 spokes,and wrap arounds spoilers with aircraft wings bolted onto the back :twisted:
god woteva twat at vaux thought of SPI,
needs to be shoot