PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IF....

bob
21-12-02, 07:25 PM
if vauxhall hadnt renamed the nova the corsa(to fit in with europe n save a few grand on badges) and the corsa was still named the nova,do you think,it wouldve been accepted on this site as a nova mk3/4?

dave.gsi
21-12-02, 10:42 PM
yes and no. yes cos at the end of the day it would still be a nova. but no cos there poo lol :lol:

mikeoxford
22-12-02, 12:11 AM
i think to be fair this would be a dedicated site to mk1 and mk2, similary how you find astra mk3 pages or mk 4 or mk2 or whatever.

as the new nova would be completely new, whats the word, not range but you get the idea. different "phase" ??? :? :?

i think there would be too much b!tchin about hair dresser cars, and similary square kellogs boxes

Nova-Flair
22-12-02, 12:24 AM
i reckon this would have still been a nova mk1/mk2 site due to the fact that the corsa (or would be nova mk3) was so radically different. but then again the corsa mk2 is quite different too but that still gets included in corsa sites so who knows?

locky
22-12-02, 11:03 AM
Thats a good piont, the corsas iv seen hardly have any rust on the outside!
The latest corsa i think are nice-just thought i'd add that :D

Stuart
22-12-02, 12:58 PM
to be properly piccy the mk1 and mk2 novas are really pahse one and pahse two due to the fact thats its meerly cosmetic differences (and af ew underneath ones)

a proper Mark change requires proper chassis and shell changes

a load of tosh but hey

dave.gsi
22-12-02, 01:56 PM
how many corsa's do you see rotting away?? well not that many mainly due to the fact that there too new to rot like a nova which is say 15 yrs old. plus better rust proofing at the factory means there less likely too in the first place.
just cos they don't rust doesn't make them not poo. i spent the best part of a year driving a 1.2lt and i sometimes go out in my mums 1.4. i hate them lol. pedals too close together, sounds like a hairdryer and the gayest interior fabrics known to man........give me a nova anyday!

Anton
22-12-02, 02:10 PM
I have 2 say I am tempted 2 buy a new corsa sri next year :oops:

Jim
22-12-02, 03:10 PM
Good Question.

I'd be happy to accept the Corsa as a Nova. It's the evolution of car design.

Take for example the Civic...that's seen many different shapes over the years and yet they probably get treated with the same respect.

Jim

Anton
22-12-02, 03:12 PM
Same as the astra...

bob
22-12-02, 06:09 PM
I havent heard about the paint garantee thing,how longs it on for? I know someone with an SXi that has a v minute blister on the bonnet!-think its due to a stone chip

Will
22-12-02, 09:17 PM
Only very early corsas that arnt looked after are rusty other than that most are mint cause of the rust protection developed with car evolution.

Look at a novas rear arches (prime rust area) corsa ones have plastic covering which when colour coded looks fine, whens plastic ever gona rust :P lol

carltoncrazy
22-12-02, 09:47 PM
wtf are ulot chatting about,couple of weeks ago there was a M reg corsa in a scrappy with a rusty boot,
corsa do rust,
they just hide it

Dan
22-12-02, 09:52 PM
hmmmmm I just watched top gear, jezza tried out the new golf r32 4wd thing and compared it briefly to the mk 1 gti. ok its twice the weight but also its twice the power, twice the luxury and twice as much grip with gadgets helping u drive, but compared to the original it just wasnt as much fun, it was old and flabby and the effort that made driving fun was gone.

Similar to the nova-corsa scenario, having driven both i still hate power steering and all the stuff that comes with it. give me a stripped out nova with minimal stuff and that is what i would prefer.

Jim
22-12-02, 10:11 PM
I prefer my creature comforts (must be my old age :P) but I know what your saying Dan. I enjoy driving about in a stripped out car, but im getting to that stage when I want a car with loads of gadgets :)

Jim

Phil_G
23-12-02, 12:33 AM
hi -

my boss at work is building a mk1 golf with a tuned up supercharged corrado engine in it.. 200+ brake and a mk1 golf... should be fun ;)

Phil

Chris LR
23-12-02, 12:41 AM
Two quick points

Nothing will ever beat the Mk3 Gold VR12 (800bhp)

Would we want to be associated with the Tigra?

mikeoxford
23-12-02, 12:49 AM
if your gonna think like that - how about the combi/combo van is it???

its VERY true though!!!

_JH_
23-12-02, 02:29 AM
i learnt to drive in an early corsa. it was a 1.0 12valve, ok i was never gonna over take anyone apart from that guy on his bike during my test, but the handling was tragic compared to a nova cos the power steering just felt wierd.

the other day a gave a GTE that i'm breaking a severe thrashing around a muddy field on my farm. i felt more in control than when i was driving in a straight line in that bloody corsa.

Ian
23-12-02, 08:27 AM
*cough* cracking B pillars *cough*

Rick Draper
23-12-02, 12:38 PM
Bastard you beat me to it Ian. Rick

Ian
23-12-02, 02:00 PM
lol your only 4 hours late rick!

and all the rust is hidden under their plastic arches

Rick Draper
23-12-02, 06:08 PM
Nar they just hide all the rot behind fucking shit bodykits like a combat kit! lmfmo. Rick

carltoncrazy
23-12-02, 10:32 PM
micky have u fallen in love with the corsa,
yeh its better in desigh but
LOOK AT IT,ITS A FECKING CORSA=HAIR DRESSER CAR,
nancy boy car,
soryyb my opion,
might as well be driving a 2CV :roll:

Phil_G
24-12-02, 11:40 PM
gayest interior fabrics known to man........give me a nova anyday!

Youve obviously not seen the picnic rug special that peugeot used in the 106....

Phil

PS: I am allowed to say that as i also have a 106 so Ner! :lol: (but with an OK interior)

Phil_G
24-12-02, 11:58 PM
gayest interior fabrics known to man........give me a nova anyday!

Youve obviously not seen the picnic rug special that peugeot used in the 106....

Phil

PS: I am allowed to say that as i also have a 106 so Ner! :lol: (but with an OK interior)