PDA

View Full Version : electrical bugs..

mayhem
08-02-09, 04:41 PM
ok, after removing my dash a few wheeks back to change the heaterrad, she started to have some bugs..

when i'm trying to start, the startermotor tiks 1 time, and the indicator lights light up?? also when i dont have the keys in the contact and i put the lights on, the fuel pump and all starts running:confused:

i removed the dash again, all the connectors are disconected, just not the one behind the contactlock. and still the same problem. when i keep the key on 'start' for a few seconds, the round thing behind the contact starts burning. i changed that round contact block, and still the same..
the contactblock start burning at the big black/red wire.

it looks that all me earhs behind the dash are in place, and when i put an extra earth from the engine to the chassis, nothing changed.

where to look now? i'm starting to run out of options.

(i hope this makes sense btw, my technical english isnt really great lol)

mowgli
08-02-09, 05:05 PM
it sounds like a connector block has been put round the wrong way, or a wire has got trapped causing it to short circuit.

(your technical english is far better than most of the english people on here)

Sloth
09-02-09, 01:42 AM
i agree on both counts. id say its a short matey.

mayhem
09-02-09, 03:14 PM
i had a little brainstorm with some mates yesterday.

to make youre indicatorlights burn constantly, you need to put a live on the earth wire. (popular mod with the honda guys here).
the lightwiring is eartht to the chassis on the same mount where the gearbox earth strip is..
and the wire witch start burning behing the ignition, is the red/black wire, the 1 who gives the startermotor its signal..

so if that wire is f#cked in the engine bay, and making a connection on the engine/gearshifter etc, theres a live on the engine, and making a live on a earth thrue the gearbox, and thrue the earth strip, thrue the wiringloom earth... making 2 lives on the indicator... what makes them burn contstantly.

just need to check this tonight lol but it sounds plausible :P