PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

Anonymous
15-11-00, 01:42 PM
Can ne one help? My nova pulls to the left badly when i brake but they r new brakes but they have only just started to do this. They scweak like fuk as well.
New front tyres, balanced and tracked so it isnt that. HELP!!!

cheers
Si

Anonymous
15-11-00, 01:52 PM
Sounds like one of your callpiers is sticking, jack your car up, take the left wheel off and manually push the calliper, if its sticking it might be seized, try getting a calliper repair kit. Are they new pads, coz if they are this could be the reason they are squeaking.

Anonymous
15-11-00, 02:48 PM
check the front of the car for cracks etc, I had this, and it was to do with a crack in the front valance (under the rad) and I didn't realise it was there till my Astra GSI brakes ripped it apart. If there is a crack there, the car will be unbalanced and will lean on the weaker side. It is worth a look just in case.

Anonymous
15-11-00, 08:57 PM
It's probabaly a stickin calliper! They r shit

Anonymous
16-11-00, 06:10 PM
Like the others said the bits that actually stick are the two sliders. Remove the two dust caps off the back of the calliper (if they aren't missing already) You will need a 10mm alen key to unbolt the caliper from the strut, the bolts pass through the centre of the sliders. You will be best puting a new slider kit in ?6-?8 per side. When you refit the caliper hammer the dust caps on using a large socket over it so you are pressing the lip on and not just bending the top of the cap. It's not a hard job unless the slider is corroded solid, in which case you will need to clamp the pipe remove the banjo and get the caliper in a vice to knock them out,(and bleed the brakes) cheers paul.