PDA

View Full Version : car tax ??

nadnerb85
07-02-09, 07:54 AM
can you still drive a car if you buy i car and there no tax disc but its taxed till end of feb " so driving the car with no tax disc in the window"

Rexy
07-02-09, 08:12 AM
You can do what the funk you want to if you dont get caught, but dont start crying if the car is taken off you lol.

They are really hot on untaxed, uninsured and un mot'd cars, and rightly so to be honest.

Get there before 12, and get it taxed for 6mths laffin' keeps you out of trouble. saying that, if its legally taxed on the database they can only moan at you for not having a tax disk shown, which is a max of 1k fine? Make your own tax disk lol

Ernie
07-02-09, 08:28 AM
i drove mine yesterday with no tax.....

I was on the way to a pre booked mot and taxed it on its way home tho.
lol.
If it is taxed on the dvla data base you should be ok.
Just mention that you have only just picked the car up and that you taxed it on line to drive home but the disc hasnt turned up yet.
If its taxed it will show up on there.
Just drive within the conditions of the roads at the mo and give them no reason to stop you.

nadnerb85
07-02-09, 08:56 AM
You can do what the funk you want to if you dont get caught, but dont start crying if the car is taken off you lol.

They are really hot on untaxed, uninsured and un mot'd cars, and rightly so to be honest.

Get there before 12, and get it taxed for 6mths laffin' keeps you out of trouble. saying that, if its legally taxed on the database they can only moan at you for not having a tax disk shown, which is a max of 1k fine? Make your own tax disk lol

na its still taxed just not got a tax disc i got mot and insurance on

mowgli
07-02-09, 09:40 AM
na its still taxed just not got a tax disc i got mot and insurance on

do the dvla check (see how to articles)

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105938

print off a copy

go & get a form for a replacement one.

if you are in the system, you should be ok.

Spudly
07-02-09, 01:05 PM
The offence is to not display and carries a hefty fine iirc if its only got a couple of weeks left then retax it now, then youre covered and displayin a valid disc (if you backdate it to beginning of feb) and youre only losing two weeks either way!

crazi-dave
08-02-09, 01:16 AM
yes that is correct...£1000 fine if it isnt displayed isnt it ?

brainsnova
08-02-09, 01:19 AM
i got a £25 fine and it had fell of the window and landed face on on the seat. a while ago now *******s. oh and it was parked off the road down a twisty lane.

Steve
08-02-09, 01:20 AM
I think so, still the most pointless rule ever, if your tax insurance and mot shows up on their database before they even pull you over then why they can still do you for not displaying the disc is beyond me.

If its taxed.. then its taxed! a piece of paper in the window shouldnt make any difference imo.
Why they can't understand that is a mystery to me.