PDA

View Full Version : horrible noise

xe Dan
06-02-09, 01:39 PM
my red top nova has got this noise at first i thought it was the wheel bearing but have changed both and its no better. it sounds like a really bad wheel bearing all the time and it the same if im going round a corner or straight. could it be the gear box even though it is tight changes gear fine and never misses a beat

gmopeldealersport
06-02-09, 10:30 PM
i know this is gonna sound stupid but what make of tyres u running.because i have had before on some tyres were the inside tread doesent run true around the whole tyre it goes all uneven .run ur fingers on inner tread .had loads of people change bearings do to this sounds exacly like bearing.

mowgli
06-02-09, 10:34 PM
does it make the noise when stationary???

is there oil in the box??

have you checked the cv joints??

jimbob-mcgrew
06-02-09, 10:36 PM
sure it aint one of the other 2 wheel bearings ? inner or outer c.v's ?

Paul
07-02-09, 09:41 AM
when you rolling along, dumpo the clutch, does it still do it then, coast in neutral does it still do it then, slightly pull the handbrake up.

It's going to be a case of testing things. Jack the car up checkll the wheels for loose bolts, the bearing, any loose nuts, spin the wheel with it in the air see if you can get it to make the noise then.

If you cant then it must be a transmission problems as you say.

mowgli
07-02-09, 09:43 AM
brake backplates??

John
07-02-09, 09:50 AM
Gearbox lug catching on tie bar? Seen that many times on xe conversions.

xe Dan
07-02-09, 07:11 PM
rite the lug on gear box was rubbin a bit so sorted that still makes noise .
still makes noise when coastering
but checked the gear box oil and it took about a litre before it started to over flow would this mean its to late for the gear box as means since even before i had the car its had no gear box oil