PDA

View Full Version : My full rebuild costs...

garethcolley
06-02-09, 11:48 AM
Im in the process of stripping my current flame red LET down for a full re build to show condition. The following are whats getting done and an approx cost...its added up to alot and i want to know peoples thoughts on whether its worth it. Also what people have spent on their rebuilds, not exactly but a rough idea. :thumb:

Shell strip = £800
Bare shell respray / new sills & rear panel fitting = £1800
Cage + fitting = £500
GAZ coilovers = £500
Polycarbs = £200
F28 + fitting = £400

Thats £4200!! :eek: However once its done it will be as new condition. What to do.......................................

edens-xe
06-02-09, 11:51 AM
Im in the process of stripping my current flame red LET down for a full re build to show condition. The following are whats getting done and an approx cost...its added up to alot and i want to know peoples thoughts on whether its worth it. Also what people have spent on their rebuilds, not exactly but a rough idea. :thumb:

Shell strip = £800
Bare shell respray / new sills & rear panel fitting = £1800
Cage + fitting = £500
GAZ coilovers = £500
Polycarbs = £200
F28 + fitting = £400

Thats £4200!! :eek: However once its done it will be as new condition. What to do.......................................

tbh gareth you spend the money on your car if you think its worth it.
a project can always spiral out of control money wise as there is always something that can be improved on it.

£4200 may sound alot but it depends on how much you love your motor:thumb:

L14MNP
06-02-09, 11:52 AM
Well worth it, IF you'd rather have a (your) Nova than say a DC2 Teg Type R or something of similar value mate. As you say, done properly it will be worthwhile.

jayme taylor
06-02-09, 11:56 AM
It all depends,if you think its worth it cause at the end of the day its your money and car,
Its alot of money , im rebuiding mine at the moment and only hoping to spend £2000 , because you never got your money back imo ,

garethcolley
06-02-09, 12:04 PM
Thats what im trying to weigh up at the moment 'how much i love my car'!. At the moment its not very much so im not 100% behind spending all this money. If i do go through with it then at least i know it will be built to last and hopefully in 5 years there will be even fewer novas out there hence making good examples even more special ie, alot of peoples builds on here. Im sure i loved the nova more when it was a 1.2, life seemed so much simpler then!! I need to make a decision very soon though, ive buying R1ch's f28 next week so hopefully that will force me to continue. cheers for comments

Rich
06-02-09, 01:45 PM
You can always plan how much to spend, but theres always little things that you forget, once they add up its going to be more!

Sort of regret starting my LET build, but once its done im sure i wont stop grinning :)

BIGS
06-02-09, 01:49 PM
tbh gareth you spend the money on your car if you think its worth it.
a project can always spiral out of control money wise as there is always something that can be improved on it.

£4200 may sound alot but it depends on how much you love your motor:thumb:
Thats so true, I couldnt let my car go so decided to go all out on it. so far it stands me in around 11k and still a few more £0000s to be spent. but becasue i love it the money dont matter. even it if worth 5k at the most if i was to sell it

dan16v
06-02-09, 02:35 PM
About 12k and driven it for 600 miles!lol

AlexW
06-02-09, 03:49 PM
Once mine is fully finished i want it to be like a modern car to drive and look modern. And it will owe me about £2000 maybe 2500

Its cost me about £1000 to get it to how it is now, Gsi rep with baby xe. But with the full respray and list of new parts it will get to about 2000 and then another 500 at least for other things i find that i like. Plus all the different places ive traveled to for items.

Rich
06-02-09, 03:54 PM
Once mine is fully finished i want it to be like a modern car to drive and look modern. And it will owe me about £2000 maybe 2500

errr? lol I think you may be a bit dissapointed, it is a nova your talking about?

AlexW
06-02-09, 03:57 PM
lol well as modern as i can go without it being a corsa b :tard:

dan16v
06-02-09, 04:06 PM
Once mine is fully finished i want it to be like a modern car to drive and look modern.

I would quit and sell it now thenlol

Rich
06-02-09, 04:08 PM
Corsa b isnt modern its just a heavier girly nova lol

AlexW
06-02-09, 04:12 PM
lol I should have keept my mouth shut.

Well seeing as im thinking of PAS again (Blah blah i know i know, not needed! but tell the miss)

~~joycey~~
06-02-09, 05:10 PM
PAS ftw :D

Lee H
06-02-09, 05:53 PM
Mine owes me roughly about £20k over the last 8 years, last rebuild cost me about £5k. That was welding, genuine new panels, paint, engine rebuild and fitting the F28 with quaiffe.

Riggy
06-02-09, 05:54 PM
Mine owes me roughly about £20k over the last 8 years, last rebuild cost me about £5k. That was welding, genuine new panels, paint, engine rebuild and fitting the F28 with quaiffe.

lol conservative figure incase sam sees it mate lol

Lee H
06-02-09, 07:19 PM
lol conservative figure incase sam sees it mate lol

You got it, would break my heart if I worked it out properly lol

mowgli
06-02-09, 07:23 PM
wow.. in fiscal terms, mine has cost me about 800 including the 600 purchase price....

it is the worlds slowest project due to me not wanting to get into debt to finish it, as I can't afford a divorce as well as a car hobby...

AlexW
06-02-09, 09:34 PM
^ Im still waiting to see where my bumper went lol

mowgli
06-02-09, 09:45 PM
^ Im still waiting to see where my bumper went lol

look at my styling thread........

garethcolley
09-02-09, 10:57 PM
i reckon im just going to do it, this was my first car and i doubt i would want to rebuild any other. As if we are all so obsessed with a small vauxhall hatch, what a car.

Graeme
09-02-09, 11:15 PM
I think you should go for it mate, can't see you being disappointed with it, and should feel worthwhile and as others have said you have to look what other cars you could get for your money and would they be aas fun to drive