PDA

View Full Version : cops are at it again!

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 12:21 AM
well iv just had a very random drive home from work lol

basically at 11pm i shut up the petrol station i work at and got in my car. a astra cop car came onto the forecourt and parked near me. she was a local copper who came into the shop daily, so she knows me. thought it a bit odd that she came down at that time and then followed me out. i went down the bypass at a normal speed and at that next roundabout i turned left and she went straight to the next town. the roads are completly empty at this time and as i came into my town a traffic copper was parked up at the side directly opposite where i turn right onto a main road. as i was waiting to turn a cop van came flying past me with it lights on and i could see further down the road another cop car with its lights on. i turned right and the traffic copper followed me and pulled me straight away.

i stopped and looked behind to see the traffic cop behind me, another car with its lights on pulling up behing him and that transit had somehow span round and dumped his van in the middle of the road just infront of me, basically blocking me in Lol. i got out the car and simply said 'what on have i done' with a laugh lol at this time that astra from before drove past and parked up further up the road and she stayed in the car.

the traffic copper who i also knew, told me that i had my fogs lights on (i know sorry :roll: ) and had illegal plates. i said that i know that but seriously why is the 4 cop cars here? i was thinking that maybe there might be a problem with my insurance or something like that or that somebody has rang up and reported me for something (even though iv been at work). the copper got out of the transit and recognised me straight away from years ago. he was shocked to see it was me (even tho the plate made it fairly obvious) and told me that they had reports of me having a baseball bat in my car. i thought he was serious so told them to search my car, which they did do. he then said no it was from years ago. (iv previously been done for firearms/etc, but that was 4 years ago now and iv been pretty much clean since).

so i was blagged. if it wasnt for a baseball bat, and obviously doesnt take this amount of effort fining somebody for fog lights, what has been reported? they wouldnt tell me and after half an hour of them searching my car, asking me about my car and generally having a good chat about things, they issued me the 2 £30 fines which i have always said i deserve and let me go :wtf:

i dont want any of you telling me that its because i drive around with illegal plates on cos iv done that for 6 years now and i know i deserve to get stopped once in a while. i dont drive like a fool, in fact i am one of the slowest most careful drivers around, and within the past 2 years i have stayed out of trouble and i see most of these coppers nightly where i work and we always have a chat and get on. so seriously, what have i done? lol and how can i find out? you should of seen the effort they put in to pulling me over, iv been pulled ALOt in my life, but this time was 'different'. its in such a quiet neighbourhood, all the curtains opened whilst the old couples looked out thinking i was involved in drugs or whatnot.

sorry for the essay, but it was very very random :roll: :wtf: :cool:

that cop woman in the astra was still sat up the road watching when i left, hopefully il see her soon at work again and il ask her. and in the morning im going to have to put standard plates on!

Asa-James
06-02-09, 12:24 AM
lmao! at least it made your night interesting!

Spudly
06-02-09, 12:26 AM
Unfortunately bud thats the feds for you and they like to "flex" their muscles to show us all how important they are and we arent lol

Dont stress over it and make sure you dont have ya fogs on next time you puddin, they might just have wondered why theyve seen a white yaris and a black bmw both with the same reg and wanted a looksee hahah!

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 12:29 AM
ye i found it funny, i was so shocked though cos i knew i hadnt been upto anything to warrant this kind of 'pulling over'. i really want to know what had been said about me because they obviously had somebody call them. they dont waste their time like that for no reason. and in all the times iv been pulled, iv never been fined twice. so whatever it was, it must had pee'd them off when they didnt find anything so had to get something out of me.

was also surprised as i know all the cops and since iv worked where i do for the past 2 years we get on fine and i havnt been in any trouble at all

L14MNP
06-02-09, 12:29 AM
lol they won't just keep dishing out fines mate. I was told when I was spacing my plate illegally that they can request the DVLA to have it taken off you.

My guess is because all the plate laws have changed. With regards to show plate companies etc. That they are just doing as any other (OTT) police force is at present and trying their hardest to get 'dodgy' plates off the road.

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 12:30 AM
Unfortunately bud thats the feds for you and they like to "flex" their muscles to show us all how important they are and we arent lol

Dont stress over it and make sure you dont have ya fogs on next time you puddin, they might just have wondered why theyve seen a white yaris and a black bmw both with the same reg and wanted a looksee hahah!

lol i was actually thinking of that yaris when they got pulled. thought they might of done a check on my car and it came back to a yaris ha.

i nevelol r used to drive with fogs, in fact i never had them wired up. but this past week or so it has been very foggy and i sort of got used to putting them on whilst driving home from work. i know i deserve the fine, i never complained or denied it :)

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 12:32 AM
lol they won't just keep dishing out fines mate. I was told when I was spacing my plate illegally that they can request the DVLA to have it taken off you.

My guess is because all the plate laws have changed. With regards to show plate companies etc. That they are just doing as any other (OTT) police force is at present and trying their hardest to get 'dodgy' plates off the road.

oh ye, forgot to mention that they are ringing dvla up and telling them the amount of fines iv had (even though im sure its been 4 years since my last one) and say that they can take the reg off me :roll: he said i probably wont hear from them though

BIGS
tbh its probley the fact you drive modified yaris that oops hang on :p

brainsnova
i used to have above the law at the bottom of my plates years ago they didint go down well but were legal lol

L14MNP
06-02-09, 12:34 AM
Fingers crossed they won't mate! Petty doesn't even begin to sum it up! My argument was that all the letters were properly represented etc so it could still be read - even by ANPR. You don't have a case though lol
Keep your fogs for the fog too lol

As you know though having grown out of kr00zin I assume? You get very little po po hassle even with dodgy plates for the most part.

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 12:34 AM
i used to have above the law at the bottom of my plates years ago they didint go down well but were legal lol

ye i can imagine lol

he started to explain to me why mine are illegal. i just said look mate, i know that the backwards EE should be 33 and that the gap between the letters is double, and that theres no slogan or code on the bottom right. and yes, il change them first thing tomorrow lol

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 12:37 AM
Fingers crossed they won't mate! Petty doesn't even begin to sum it up! My argument was that all the letters were properly represented etc so it could still be read - even by ANPR. You don't have a case lol
Keep your fogs for the fog too lol

As you know though having grown out of kr00zin I assume? You get very little po po hassle even with dodgy plates for the most part.

i grew out of the zroozin scene years ago, thats why has puzzled me though cos the poilce know that iv grown up now. if this happened years ago i wouldnt be surprised at all (well it did used to happen, daily Lol), but seen as all iv done is changed my plate (which have always been like that since i bought it in 2002) and put fog lights on in pretty crappy weather, i was fairly shocked at the amount of blue lights in use Lol

sulphur
06-02-09, 12:42 AM
I once had 2 bmw estates, and a transit pull me over. 6 coppers...pulled me for a 'fluctuating indicator'. Apparently it flickered faster when I had my brake on, and this was a 'road safety hazard'. So there and then I swapped the fuse and it was fine, lol. Still took 6 of them running my plates, checking MOT, insurance, log book, liscence, up-to-date address etc. They tried so hard to get me for something but in the end I got a written warning. Just them flexing their muscles I guess..

Sounds like you had a fun night though. :thumb: lol

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 12:55 AM
they must get bored very easily. it isnt the first time iv been pulled over by more than enough cops but i used to deserve.

i did enjoy it though, we all had quite a laugh. i bet they wernt happy with the woman in the astra tho cos it was her fault they pulled me and they didnt find anything lol

Sloth
06-02-09, 01:08 AM
i thought it was a legal right to tell ya why theyd pulled ya? ah well, i know what its like, i know all of hulls traffic cops by first name. makes it interesting........

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 01:10 AM
yes, the reason was because of my plate and lights. i didnt believe that but i cant do anything about it

and i also call them all by first names, even have nicknames for a few Lol.

Jack
06-02-09, 07:41 AM
oh ye, forgot to mention that they are ringing dvla up and telling them the amount of fines iv had (even though im sure its been 4 years since my last one) and say that they can take the reg off me :roll: he said i probably wont hear from them though
Meh, there's a guy on CCUK who gets a plate fine a few times each month for the past few years. Still hasn't hasd his (personalised) plate recalled lol

Welsh Dan
06-02-09, 07:50 AM
iv previously been done for firearms/etc

Thats enough to justify it to me.

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 09:31 AM
not really. as i said, the last time i got caught with anything was 4 years ago. everytime i get pulled over and they do a check on my previous, it always comes up so they search me, which i understand. but iv never been pulled over just because of that. if that was the case, then surely they would be pulling me over everytime they see me for it.

if i was in a different town then i may understand, but seen as half of these coppers knew me well it was very strange. they could of easily pulled me at work, but no, they chose to wait for me in the town where i live and block me in Lol

anyway, im not bothered. it was an entertaining. iv just got to try and find some legal plates now

dj_wudgey
06-02-09, 09:37 AM
i also had a tiny plate on the front off my nova i never got pulled with it on but i saw a copper change lane on a maine road to get into my estate!! so i went home and changed it quickly lol

J4MES
06-02-09, 10:27 AM
Probably find it was a bit of live 'training' to pass a boring night, and the fogs and the plate were just a reason to pull you...

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 01:35 PM
legal plates are now on, and tbh they look better lol

L14MNP
06-02-09, 02:41 PM
maine road
http://www.mcfcstudy.org.uk/res/1753/image/15884.maine_rd.jpg
lol

L33 there's no question that standard characters look better you heeb lol
You have one of those plate where it can be seen as nothing else but the word 'Lee'
I never understood the backwards E's it's like people that double space or have a million spaces when one will suffice!

L33 LEG
06-02-09, 02:58 PM
ye i suppose you're right. anyway, aslong as they dont take the reg off me Lol il be happy and from now on il be keeping it all standard :) just a shame it took me 6 years and 4 months to realise this lol

Southie
06-02-09, 04:00 PM
http://www.mcfcstudy.org.uk/res/1753/image/15884.maine_rd.jpg
lol

Not any more lol

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/2008-06-03MaineRoad01.jpg

Dod
06-02-09, 04:22 PM
FFS, they wouldnt send 1 Cop round to issue a summons round here.

mowgli
06-02-09, 07:07 PM
let me put this into a slightly different direction....

a bloke who has been done for firearms offences works at a petrol station... these facts we know.

now if there has been a report of card cloning/identity theft that could have been at the same garage, or the owners have noticed strange patterns in the books that look like someone has been nicking, then the old bill get notified, & for some reason they add 2 & 2 then decide to ambush you to try & catch you red handed.........now this is just pure speculation, but stranger things have happened.

Sloth
06-02-09, 07:13 PM
yeh, like jodi marsh, the ugly bint.....

RJM25R
07-02-09, 12:44 PM
Lee,

I've met you/spoke to you a few times and always found you an OK lad, but if you've had "PREVIOUS" as you mentioned, unfortunately, you will always be a target. Your what is known as "Marked"

Occasionally, we get the police in at work asking us who owns/drives certain cars. There seem to be half a dozen villains in Oldham who drive GTI's and R32's that aren't registered to them!

L33 LEG
07-02-09, 05:10 PM
ye in understand that. if i was in a different town i wouldnt of minded it or been surprised. but considering these coppers knew me well and have always known that im legal now it was just a shock. im still not convinced they pulled me just for fog lights and a reg plate. they pulled me over thinking that they were going to find something.

nevermind tho, it hasnt bothered me. i was just letting you know about what happened. i was bored, nothing more to it :)

mayhem
07-02-09, 05:51 PM
just some idiot who called it in..

we had it yesterdaynight, with about 10 guys standing on the parking at a macdonalds, 2 cop cars came, the jumped out with bulletproof vests and gun in there hand, yelling we had to put oure hands on the car etc.
3 cars where searched completely, nothing was found.

the had a call about 1 of us having a pistol with him.

the where ok though, after searching 2 cars the got the idea that there was nothing going on, and the dropped the 'bad cop' attitude lol