PDA

View Full Version : need a new carburettor

nova bird
20-12-02, 05:05 PM
Need a bit of help. Ran out of petrol and clogged my engine up with crap and have been told to get a new carb. Can anyone advise of a good one, prices etc?

mikeoxford
20-12-02, 06:22 PM
any good mechanic could use a high pressure line to take the needles out of your carb, blow them with high pressure air, and clean them all out, the put back in and tune again as necessary

to be honnest unless you buy a brand spanking new carb, you will need this doing anyway as if its bin left on a shelf or garage for ages collecting dust, or even in a scrap yard for ages, just sat letting damp and mooisture get in.

ade
22-12-02, 12:34 AM
try wynns carb cleaner or 10k boost - usually clean out all deposits.

If yer cars not got a fuel filter (small engined models) - you can fit a small filter before the carb to reduce future build up - amazing the sh1te these things catch!

nova bird
27-12-02, 09:34 AM
roughly how much would a mechanic charge to take it out, strip it and clean it out? i have cleaned the top with carb cleaner but apparently the muck is stuck in the bottom, too big to fit through the jets, so it keeps on getting blocked. i've had a petrol filter put on to stop anymore going through.