PDA

View Full Version : tas engine mounts

Plunky
05-02-09, 07:16 PM
just been fitting my new tas engine mounts, seems to be going ok bar the drivers side mount. on the original mount there are 2 bolts that go from the engine side of the mount into the actual rubber engine mount but on the tas mount there is only 1 bolt.

this bolt goes all the way through the mount whereas the original 2 bolts didnt. i dont see how there is enough room for the head of the bolt to fit behind the mount as it is quite a tight fit.

i hope this makes sense to someone as i dont really get how its going to fit.

anyone else had this problem? anybody got a solution?

cheers

Liam

John
05-02-09, 07:23 PM
Take a look at one of my old threads, (second pic) I just used a long bolt with a nut in the bay, through the mount. I had to elongate the hole in the centre of the mount to make it fit.
Hope this helps.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79715

Plunky
05-02-09, 07:30 PM
ok thanks mate, not sure i understand it though..how is the bolt fixed the other side of the mount?

John
05-02-09, 07:31 PM
It isn't? it just pushes through the mount if you get me? hold with open ended spanner and tighten up.

Plunky
05-02-09, 07:36 PM
sorry mate i'm being a din here.
so is there a head or nut on the other end of the bolt? cos i dont get how it will tighten up?

John
05-02-09, 07:37 PM
Will try and sort you a pic, hang on for 15mins or so.

Yeah, there's a head on the other end.

Plunky
05-02-09, 07:39 PM
ok cheers buddy, its just when i trial fitted mine, the head on the other end of the bolt ment that the mount wouldnt sit straight becasue there wasnt enough room

John
05-02-09, 07:40 PM
The head of the bolt, sat about 1-2mm away from the inner wing, it was a bit tight!

Plunky
05-02-09, 08:19 PM
just been out and had another look.
the head of the bolt is too big, therefore pushing the actual mount out?

GRUNT 16V
05-02-09, 08:54 PM
Grind Down The Head A Little Or Use A Bolt With A Shallower Head Etc

Plunky
05-02-09, 09:58 PM
i could do, but surely theres a way of doing it without having to grind bolts down.
john h, how deep is the head of the bolt cos thats whats stopping me.