PDA

View Full Version : Crank sensor?

Nobby
05-02-09, 06:25 PM
Hi guys im having problems with my cavi xe after finnally gettin her started and running ok i drove her round the block and by the time i got back it had dropped onto 3 cylinders basically and was smoking alot!
My gaffer reckons that due to excessive cranking the fuel has gone past the rings and into the sump, so i changed the oil and cleaned the plugs, now she will start but turns over very very slow and makes some hideous noise sometimes and wont idle, now ive checked the timing all fine got a spark and fuel etc, the guy at the griffin centre said crank sensor as its turning over slow? so i changed it (after already changing it for an old unit and no difference) now when the cps was unpluged the engine turned over fine with no noises?? ive done a faultcode test but can never get the grip of them and i think its coming up with fault 19 cps sensor? Its smoking alot and theres smoke coming up from the breather next to the sfi box on initial start up? would this be caused by a dodgy cps sensor? anyone have any ideas??

chimp007_uk
05-02-09, 06:28 PM
flash the fault codes off and get a more accurate answer. If its the crank sensor, its small black unit thats bolted to the front of the engine near the front left engine mount

Sloth
05-02-09, 06:39 PM
an engine wont smoke due to the cps, and running on 3 is nothing related. get a comp test done, wet and dry and see whats what.

Nobby
05-02-09, 06:53 PM
an engine wont smoke due to the cps, and running on 3 is nothing related. get a comp test done, wet and dry and see whats what.

thats the next plan i think mate

Sloth
05-02-09, 06:55 PM
yeh, i think you have head gasket issues or poss a buggered injector...

Nobby
05-02-09, 06:56 PM
ive got teh fault code readings here but the funkin confuse me lol there was alot of 9 flashes so somethins 19/29/39 etc i think 29 is injector