PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 8v (gte engine) tuning?

locky
20-12-02, 03:15 PM
I'm picking up my engine next saturday, just wondering what sorta mods i could carry out for more power on a sorta budjet (dont wanna spend masses of money) apart from.....
twin carbs,
camshaft kit,
ne others?
its gettin overhauld neways, e.g, valve stem seals, piston rings, bearings.......
Thanx in hand

mikeoxford
20-12-02, 04:51 PM
hmmm you could get internals changed, for instance a lightened fly wheel - wont add BHP but help it rev freer.

spose other things like engine balance or ground crank / slight overbore, all things are possible, just depends on how much you want to spend.

locky
20-12-02, 04:59 PM
How much does balancing the crank and flywheel cost roughly?
also wot sorta prices am i looking at for the head 2 b skimmed, and how much do they take off it?
Cheers

Dan
20-12-02, 06:52 PM
Locky if u go to my car in the gte section it covers most mods that can be done apart from mapped ignition. The full cost of the bottom end work was 850, but that included postage each way of the bottom end, afraid i cant break it down but you can see what was done for that price. At the end of the day i got a brand new engine to run in with 0 miles so will go on forever.

(And yes it will prob will as it never gets driven anywhere before anyone chips in with that comment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

wisewood
20-12-02, 07:05 PM
well it would run forever wouldn't it Dan... You never take it anywhere :lol:

sorry...
saw it, and couldn't resist.

locky
21-12-02, 03:18 AM
Cheers Dan, will have a good look,
Thanx