PDA

View Full Version : Driving test... :-(

Lauren
04-02-09, 03:56 PM
I was meant to have it yesterday, obviously it got cancelled due to the snow. I had a nosey on the net today to see if they've rebooked it and they have - for the 22nd April.

Do you think I should ring and complain? I know it isn't their fault the weather was bad, but instead of just moving everyone back a week they've obviously just stuck us on the next available date, and it's 2 and a half months away! Plus it means I'll have to fork out for more lessons till then, and one £20 lesson a week + 11 weeks till my test = £220 I could do with not spending.

So, shall I complain? Or do I not really have the right to? :confused:

mowgli
04-02-09, 03:59 PM
you don't need weekly lessons till the test, unless you are actually a natural blonde......(photos need to prove otherwise)

ring up & try to get a cancellation & lay it on thick about getting cancelled due to a bit of frost..........We used to have an empire & we never stopped cos of a bit of snow etc.....

Southie
Another less woman on the road lol joke lol

You can try but how many other people could there be in the same position?

Good luck though ;)

AlexW
Hmm, I doubt complaining will make much if any differance. If they had moved everybody else then they would have complained aswell, its a win/lose situation.

Damm slow typing

Jack
04-02-09, 04:00 PM
Complain, but I doubt it would do anything.

Bug the hell out of them by ringing every morning at 8 and then again at midday to ask if they've had any cancelled tests :D

Lauren
04-02-09, 04:03 PM
^ I'm doing that anyway. lol

I'd rather carry on with weekly lessons, I wouldn't stop them coming up to my test just in case.

Shaun_O'Donnell
04-02-09, 04:21 PM
Are there any other test centres near you? See what the availability is for other TC's.

Lauren
04-02-09, 04:35 PM
Yeah there's another two, but they have the same waiting time, and I took my first test at this test centre so I know it, I'd rather stick with that one.

Shaun_O'Donnell
04-02-09, 04:41 PM
All you can do is harass them for cancellations, but you'll find they may have a huge backlog of postponed tests due to the weather.

From what I'm learning from ADI forums is that TC's and Examiners can be quite picky with regards to suitable weather for test conditions.

General Baxter
04-02-09, 04:57 PM
im sorry but the tests should of gone ahead!

Rich
04-02-09, 07:01 PM

Also should have been filmed lol

Would have been interesting

Benn
04-02-09, 07:16 PM

Just what i thought, you need to learn how to drive in the snow anyway so you might as well do it with smothing that knows how to in the car with you. That way if theres a prob they are there to guild and help you.

Ring up and complane, they moved the date, they shouldnt be putting you off this much. What about the tests the rest of the week?

General Baxter
04-02-09, 08:47 PM
i done my class 1 in 80mph winds, that did not get cancelled, as they new i would still have to drive in it once passed lol

Jack
04-02-09, 08:50 PM
Considering they don't even let you on motorways until you've passed your test, I hardly think they'll let learners out in poor conditions lol

General Baxter
04-02-09, 09:10 PM
Considering they don't even let you on motorways until you've passed your test, I hardly think they'll let learners out in poor conditions lol

bah a motorway is just a longer duel carriageway lol

Lynsey
04-02-09, 09:29 PM
It isn't anything like a dual carriageway at all though. Since I've been driving up and down the country all the bloody time, I'd say 95% of people I've passed on the M'way are unable to drive on it properly. I think 3 months after sitting your test you should have to go back for m'way lessons and a test. If you fail you can't use them.

At least you didn't go for your test then fail because you've not had enough experience in those conditions. Saves money anyway lol

It's not good that you have to wait so long though, I hope you can get one ASAP.

General Baxter
04-02-09, 09:32 PM
It isn't anything like a dual carriageway at all though.

its is, its just got another lane,

its the people on it, who are retarted who sit in the middle lane, if a HGV over takes you, your going to slow, lol

Jack
04-02-09, 10:08 PM
Motorways are completely different to dual carriageways

And yeah, when I had to drive to Cheltenham every weekend to see Davina, I changed my route to avoid most of the M5 as there were just too many mugwumps on it who couldn't drive

mowgli
04-02-09, 11:41 PM
Motorways are completely different to dual carriageways

m42 between tamworth & the burton exit.
huge chunks of the A1M
that poxy bit of the m25 near hatfield where the tunnel is

are all dual carriageways....

ps. a cornishman would never get to a motorway within the test time......

Jack
05-02-09, 07:39 AM
In the most part, i.e. the three lane sections.

A cornishman may not be able to make it to a motorway but he can easily reach a three lane carriageway.

mowgli
05-02-09, 07:51 AM
In the most part, i.e. the three lane sections.

A cornishman may not be able to make it to a motorway but he can easily reach a three lane carriageway.

not from penzance....... & back in 40 odd minutes, especially in the summer

Benn
05-02-09, 07:55 AM
A motoways not 3lanes, its one lane and two over taking lanes..
Well its ment to be, but every middle lanehogging funkwit cant see that.

*Motorways for you in the test and or driving lesson.

mowgli
05-02-09, 08:00 AM
A motoways not 3lands, its one land and two over taking lanes..
Well its ment to be, but every middle lanehogging funkwit cant see that.

*Motorways for you in the test and or driving lesson.

a motorway can be 2 or more lanes... it is simply the same rules a dual carrigeway clearway but with restrictions against vehicles not capable of an average speed of 30mph, ie mopeds, tractors bicycles... we had to check it out a couple of years ago when one of our workers drove a tractor from Hinckley to Coventry on the m69 (as opposed to the old A road that runs pretty much parallel to it..)

we found out that he was just legal, so no prosecution

meritlover
05-02-09, 08:34 AM
I was meant to have it yesterday, obviously it got cancelled due to the snow. I had a nosey on the net today to see if they've rebooked it and they have - for the 22nd April.

Do you think I should ring and complain? I know it isn't their fault the weather was bad, but instead of just moving everyone back a week they've obviously just stuck us on the next available date, and it's 2 and a half months away! Plus it means I'll have to fork out for more lessons till then, and one £20 lesson a week + 11 weeks till my test = £220 I could do with not spending.

So, shall I complain? Or do I not really have the right to? :confused:

iam sorry you are in a situation that is like the one you are in just now :(

but it makes sense that they have moved you to the next 'free' slot or they would have to move everyones tests forward a week for ever. why would you have to get more lessons? are you saying you are going to forget what you have learned so far in 11 weeks? if that were the case, had you passed your test yesterday, in 11 weeks time you would not know how to drive?! yet you would have a full licence. iam scared. but iam not scared in a scared way...just scared.

Lauren
05-02-09, 09:31 AM
^ lol

As for 'if I had passed my test yesterday, would I have forgotten how to drive in 11 weeks?' - well, most people that pass their test will have picked up bad habits only a couple of months later and actually wouldn't pass if they were made to sit it again.
It's quite easy for you to make comments like that as you have a license, but I desperately want to pass, and considering how strict they now are on driving tests, yes, it is worthwhile for me to carry on taking my lessons.

meritlover
05-02-09, 09:42 AM
i only made a funny joke. lets all laugh at the joke!! lol
if you feel like that, perhaps take a lesson every other week? perhaps a small break will make you relax and feel more confident?
who says i have a license? lol

mowgli
05-02-09, 09:50 AM
in fact, when I did my driving test, when everything was still black & white, I had 6 lessons, got told to book it, waited 6 weeks, had a refresher lesson & got a proper rollocking because I had picked up all my mums bad driving habits, the spent the three lessons before my test getting sworn at, she was a hard instructor, but passed.

Lauren
05-02-09, 10:01 AM
lol

I didn't mean that to sound as snappy as it did, it's just that they are tough on tests now, you can even fail for other peoples mistakes, and I'd rather not take the chance.
But no, that doesn't mean I'm going to forget how to drive in 11 weeks. lol