PDA

View Full Version : SR Dials............

Connor
04-02-09, 03:02 PM
right........
so i fitted some sr dials to my nova (merit)
no troubles everything works like rev counter fuel guage etc etc
when it got a bit darker i noticed a few of the backlights were out.
so i thought...easy just take the backlights out of my normal dials out as they are the same...BUT NO once i had put one of them in all the backlights have stopped workin.
its wierd because the indicator light flashed same as the full beam light works as they should all the lights work except the backlights (ones behind rev counter speedo etc)
its not the bulbs that have blown because i put the one from the full beam light into the backlight slot and nothing and the one i took from the backlight put into the full beam and worked fine.....
so it has really confused me:confused: :confused: :confused:
i dont know if it a dodgy connection or a fuse as i am not clued up on electrical at all. i dont even know how to fit a light bulblol
but if anyone can help me or suggest a fault or anything then please help me because my head cant take it

cheers:thumb:

Shaun_O'Donnell
04-02-09, 03:14 PM
Check the copper track for a break in the circuit.

Simon 1867
04-02-09, 03:29 PM
check that the bulbs are the right ones too, could be that you have a bulb with one connector on rather than two.

Connor
04-02-09, 04:07 PM
Check the copper track for a break in the circuit.

i am on the case cheers

Connor
04-02-09, 04:08 PM
check that the bulbs are the right ones too, could be that you have a bulb with one connector on rather than two.

well its just that the bulb that doesnt work in the backlight works in the indicator hole and the the one in the indicator hole doesnt work in the backlight hole
if that makes any sense

jimbob-mcgrew
05-02-09, 02:21 AM
hmm this sounds strange this one.
must be something disturbing the flow or a break in part of the circuit.

check your getting a 12v power feed to the illumination wire in the main block connector when the lights are turned on (one of the 2 black wires if i can recall).
im not familiar with the whole circuit, but a fuse might have popped or something.

if theres juice there, deffo check the copper track like shaun said.

might be worth testing your bulbs one by one too, make sure they work.
without faffing about with electric, to save time, u can normally tell by holding them upto the light and seeing a break in the filament if there knakered.

edit : ive just re-read my own post... what the... i have no idea what im talking about

Paul
05-02-09, 07:04 AM
illuminatio is grey an green wire. That wired up correctly, is to another grey and green?

jimbob-mcgrew
05-02-09, 05:35 PM
im gettin confused with corsa clocks, im not even sure, just ignore my drivvle