PDA

View Full Version : V62 Form?

L33 LEG
03-02-09, 02:44 PM
has anybody sent off a v62 to get a new logbook?

some of you may remember me telling you about not recieving the new logbook, well its been a while now so im guessing the previous owner isnt sending it off so iv just filled out a form. its asked me to send off the v5c/2. what happens if it gets lost in the post? :roll:

L14MNP
03-02-09, 02:55 PM
I've sent one before for a Cat. D. Straight forward.

If you're worried about it getting lost dude, send it recorded or through your local DVLA office.

I assume you have rang up and checked the story on the car? Would be a killer to find out it was down as scrap after all the carry on you had to get it back.

L33 LEG
03-02-09, 02:58 PM
i rang them up as soon as i heard he was scrapping it. he just said send off this form. and anyway, on his part of the v5 the new keeper had been filled in, so ticking the scrap option wouldnt work as its void if something else has been written on it.

iv just realised that i need the v5c/2 to tax my car so if im planning on taxing it on 1st of march, i best send it off now as it takes 20days to come back.

hopefully there will be no problems. id be seriously pee'd off if theres a delay on getting my nova back on the road

L14MNP
03-02-09, 03:03 PM
Hope it all works out mate, sounds as though it should.

TBH it all depends who you get on the phone, he could say he's scrapped the car and mislaid the log book and the DVLA mark it as dead.

I've scrapped cars without the log books before and just rang them to let them know and they were fine with it.

L33 LEG
03-02-09, 03:07 PM
i reckon the previous owner hasnt done anything with the logbook. he will still be holding it and is too angry to actually let it go lol

on another note, does it matter how long it takes you to send off for a new form? it says the v5c/2 is only valid for 2 months (thats prob for tax purposes), but eitherway iv done it just in time for the nova.

but when i bought the e30 back in october, the guy only had the v5c/2 so he gave me that. i havnt got around to getting a new logbook for that aswell, does it matter that its been so long? the reason why iv still got it is so its easier for to tax it, dont want to be sending it off and awaiting the form to come back and not been able to renew the tax :(

L33 LEG
03-02-09, 03:11 PM
oops, just looked at the e30 v5c/2 and the guy had already filled in the new keeper bit. and dates back to feb 08 lol can i cross it all out and put my details or will they not allow that?

mowgli
03-02-09, 03:45 PM
oops, just looked at the e30 v5c/2 and the guy had already filled in the new keeper bit. and dates back to feb 08 lol can i cross it all out and put my details or will they not allow that?

I forgot to change the logbook on my nova when I bought it in 2000, & realised in 2006. I wrote them a nice letter & sent it with the form & they changed it for the date in 2000

L33 LEG
03-02-09, 03:47 PM
iv just filled out two forms for the cars and il send them off when i go work later. im not very confident tbh, especially with the e30 as the new keeper bit looks a bit dodgey now Lol. hopefully by the end of the month theyl both be in my name. iv no idea what il do if the nova for some reason doesnt work :(