PDA

View Full Version : Nova roof skin?

haydn_123
03-02-09, 11:03 AM
Does anybody know if you can still get hold of roof skins anymore? I have an sr which someone's cut a cheapo sunroof into and it looks hideous!! Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.:thumb: :)

meritlover
03-02-09, 03:40 PM
unless you are a very good bodywork repairer its likely that a replacement rood skin will look worse than the sunroof. theres hundreds of spot welds on the roof on the gutters and it would take a lot of effort to get it looking right.
probably better finding a donor car and cutting the posts and welding them onto your car.

GRUNT 16V
03-02-09, 07:22 PM
Go To A Scrap Yard And Look For A Good Skin Then Cut It Off Through The A/b/c Pilars . As Done By Me About 7 Years Ago !!

brainsnova
03-02-09, 07:24 PM
or plate it and skim it.

GRUNT 16V
03-02-09, 07:24 PM
Cut The New Roof Skin Off The Pilars Down In The Gutter With A Air Saw /42 Grinder Then Cut The Old Skin Off At The Top Crease Leaving About 2" Of Metal Either Weld Or Bond It On Then Fill To Your Hearts Content

fearless
03-02-09, 07:52 PM
Roof skin's no longer available new from Vauxhall - I've just bought a new one from Duick on his trip over from Luxembourg !!!

I'm in the process of drilling out all the spot welds - will post some pictures when I'm finished

Dave

Mike
03-02-09, 08:06 PM
ebay.de

Theres a sale comprising of 5, all buy it now @ £144 I think.