PDA

View Full Version : CV Joint

cassanova
19-12-02, 01:42 PM
Just had my CV joint replaced on pass. side of my 92 SR. At first i thought it was the bearing 'cos it was humming load as fuck, but my mechanic told me that it was the CV joint, so got that done, is handling better now and a bit quieter but its still humming.

Does it take a while for the CV joint to be "run in"? Or cud it be sumthin else, dont think its the bearing cos it doesnt make any noise on full lock, just when turning slightly to the left on cornering etc.

Any help will b much appreciated

Ford

cassanova
19-12-02, 03:18 PM
false alarm!! after that nob told me it was the CV joint, he was half right, but neglected to mention that the bearing on the other side was the thing causing the noise lol. So now afta spending ?70 today ive gota spend ?65 tomoro too, ?135 for a bastard noise. :evil:

Ford

Manta Mad
19-12-02, 04:20 PM
You can easily check the bearings by jacking the car up so the wheel is free of the ground, spin the wheel to listen for any noise/roughness but don't confuse this with the very slight grinding noise that the brake pads will make against the disc. Also hold the wheel top and bottom and waggle it to see if there is any play.

neiloakley
20-12-02, 08:24 AM
if you can change the hub assembly (5 bolts) then i can supply a hub with new bearings pressed in for ?35 inc postage. Where abouts are you? cos i will change the lot for ?50 if your close