PDA

View Full Version : NOT STARTING (HELP)

DEE'S NOVA
18-12-02, 07:26 PM
right started the girlfreinds car the other day when i was replacing the fuel pipes at the sender unit no problem(when using the battery out my car)so bought a new one for her a desil one for more power so went to start it to night and it not catching it's nearly there but it won't go the little extra to catch and run could this just be the cold?and the is also a noise coming from the sender unit when trying to turn the car over is this normal or is this another problem and mybe causing it not to start?

Manta Mad
18-12-02, 10:35 PM
just to get this right, was it starting OK with your battery but not with the new battery you bought? and the car you are working on is a diesel?

carltoncrazy
19-12-02, 12:11 AM
nope its a GTE,
bump the fucker see if that works

DEE'S NOVA
19-12-02, 06:17 PM
YES STARTED OK WITH MY BATTERY THEN I GOT A NEW BATTERY BUT WHEN I WAS PUTTING IT IN THERE WAS A BIG FREEZE WELL THE CAR WAS ALL FROSTED(VERY COLD) UP AND NOT STARTED FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS SO I GOT A DESIL BATTERY BRAND NEW FOR THE EXTRA CHARGE AND IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S NEARLY STARTING WHEN PUMPING THE PEDAL BUT WON'T AND I CAR HEAR A KINDA BUZZING NOISE FROM THE SENDER UNIT AT THE BACK

Chris LR
20-12-02, 01:36 AM
I know you have to pressurise the system? But it will usualy start Ok, Try bumpin it.

Dicko
21-12-02, 06:29 PM
the buzzing noise isnt the sender it will be the pump, which gets much noisier when it has little/no fuel in it.
are you sure there is petrol in it?

get back to me if u have iliminated this as i have past experience with this engines

mikeoxford
21-12-02, 11:09 PM
snds like its trying but aint quite there.

try bumping it if not its something mechanical or fuel related as said previous. id go with that too

if its not trying to ignite, then maybe an iomobiliser fault, blown fuse or something ingnition related? just cos it cranks dont mean that theres a spark

Dicko
22-12-02, 01:01 AM
he said 'its almost there' which to me means it is trying to start and therefore a spark.
so there isnt enough of a spark or at the wrong time, lack of compression, or lack of fuel, or blocked exhaust

bish
22-12-02, 08:15 AM
I had a prob like that before with my gte,the fuel pump was knackered.
when i tried turning the car over i got a strange buzzing noise from the pump.

porky
22-12-02, 09:20 AM
I had a problem with my gte not starting. :evil:
after changing fuel pump, fuelrail and various other parts it turned out to be a duff dizzy, only sparking when it wanted (when I checked it had a spark but only on the one sylinder, the one I checked!) .
might be worth a look. :idea: