PDA

View Full Version : Hi anyway tried these

GTE TURBZ
01-02-09, 10:15 PM
Hi guys just a quick one, has anyone tried this kits, as i'm looking to get it this week? Cheers in advance

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3911271

srs1
01-02-09, 10:28 PM
great suspension makers but you can always get coilovers for that price.

i had billy's and they were really good, now have coilovers and by far a better route to go.
sure someone was selling some good coilovers on the faor sale section recently.

stuartyj21
02-02-09, 07:12 AM
[quote=srs1]great suspension makers but you can always get coilovers for that price.

^^^^ second that:D

rubachuk
02-02-09, 07:47 AM
Get joined up and take advantage of the deal on Gaz coilovers in the members section :thumb:

GTE TURBZ
02-02-09, 10:39 AM
Too be honest I dont any need for coilovers, as i wont be making full use out of them, I seen the B10 kit for about 300 plus delivery, just wanted some feed back as there's hardly anything on the web about them.I guessing its quite new then.:thumb:

AlexW
02-02-09, 11:30 AM
You could get decent GAZ coilovers for £410 inc delivery and vat if you sign up.

Will F
02-02-09, 06:23 PM
Best road-based fixed platform you can get imo.

Better than most (budget) coilover apps too, I reckon.

chimp007_uk
02-02-09, 06:26 PM
I have to admit, you can get coilovers for the same money. I have Spax RSX coilovers on my nova, i bought them brand new for £250 :) which is a bargain and they do the job, but i also have bilstein dampers on my manta and the ride is far greater and they are a better build quality. You pay for what you get.
The Gaz option is a good one, and if you're spending the money its something to look at.

GTE TURBZ
02-02-09, 11:55 PM
Too late just purchased the Billy B10 kit few hours ago, awaiting delivery now!!!

ideally i would like to put the kit on myself as it would be a sense of achievement but not willing to take the risk for 60 quid, what a local garage is charging to put it on!

Thanks for the advise everyone, and yes i'd rather go for this kit rather than a budget coilover kit.

Will put pics up once done, will need front arch work before i can put my slabs on!!!

Cheers ALL:thumb:

Plug
03-02-09, 12:15 AM
i would have personally gone for coilovers but its your money

AlexW
03-02-09, 12:20 AM
i would have personally gone for coilovers but its your money

Same here. £400 is a lot of money, but then again....

Will F
03-02-09, 07:16 PM
Have any of you lot tried the B10s??

They are not your everyday G-Max!!

Awesome bits of kit.

novautd
03-02-09, 07:39 PM
yer ive got them on mine, and got them for £280 brand new! can get them from my dads mates shop for cost!

GTE TURBZ
04-02-09, 12:18 PM
Can anyone advise if i need to replace anything else before i put the kit on i.e. suspension top mount bushes or something?

b10's Thats what i was thinking for that price they have to be good.

chimp007_uk
04-02-09, 07:33 PM
ball joints and top mounts would be a good move... You can get new arms with bushes and ball joints for very very cheap!!

GTE TURBZ
04-02-09, 07:54 PM
ball joints and top mounts would be a good move... You can get new arms with bushes and ball joints for very very cheap!!

Would that be patern parts and source pls??????

chimp007_uk
04-02-09, 08:32 PM
pattern, euro carparts i picked mine up from as a mate lives there. You could always fit poly bushes, but i think the arms and ball joints with bushes were £18 each lol

SRimon
04-02-09, 08:38 PM
Id have said if your happy with the height they'd be a lot better than coolovers.

chimp007_uk
04-02-09, 08:56 PM
Id have said if your happy with the height they'd be a lot better than coolovers.

I agree, you wont be dissappointed!

craig green
04-02-09, 09:26 PM
ideally i would like to put the kit on myself as it would be a sense of achievement but not willing to take the risk for 60 quid, what a local garage is charging to put it on!

Thanks for the advise everyone, and yes i'd rather go for this kit rather than a budget coilover kit.

Will put pics up once done, will need front arch work before i can put my slabs on!!!

Cheers ALL:thumb:

You shouldnt need arch mods unless the tyres are wrong size. 50 profile or 45 will be fine at 195.

Swapping the suspension on a Nova couldnt be easier. Seized bolts are the main ripe & so is not having spring compressors. Once you have the fr top mounts removed, all you have to do is re-assemble them taking note of the orientation of the spring platform (put it in the right place). The rears you can't get wrong. The Haynes manual puts it in easy steps & is spot on.

GTE TURBZ
05-02-09, 10:51 AM
pattern, euro carparts i picked mine up from as a mate lives there. You could always fit poly bushes, but i think the arms and ball joints with bushes were £18 each lol

Cheers mate will have a look today!!!!

Oh Craig cheers for the info, i was reading the haynes last night and yeah it looks like a pile of P***, its just getting the torque right as i dont have a torque spanner when putting back together.

Yeah the Billy B10 kit's a 60/40 drop will look the biz (coming to think of it would look better than a 60/60) as someone said on here, if its too low the cars look knackered lol just hope it sits like my nova turbo, the front arches were cut on that one with 195 45 15's so thought id have to do the same here, I'll try and fit them over the weekend and if arches need moding will deal with that after.

Stuart
05-02-09, 12:00 PM
B10's are pure unadulterated filth :D