PDA

View Full Version : annoying little things

Curtoise
01-02-09, 02:57 PM
hi
i just went out to fit some new clockes on my dash, and as i was changing over the clocks the little plastic bit tht goes inbetween the speedo cable and the clocks flew outa my habd and down the dash!!!! its nowhere to be scene, does anyone know where to get another/ what there called, or has anyone had similar anoyances!?:confused:

brainsnova
01-02-09, 03:04 PM
it probably went behind the carpet or is sitting on the heater bits.

Curtoise
01-02-09, 03:06 PM
yeh iv checked evry where on the floor, and iv only got the clocks part of the dash off so its not in heater bits either, must of gone into a black hole

NOVA_LEE
01-02-09, 03:28 PM
novas eat things,the mount of times ive dropped somethin on thefloor on accident an never seen it again is untrue lol

Curtoise
01-02-09, 03:29 PM
yeh tell me about it, there bust be a black hole in it somewhere

jimbob-mcgrew
01-02-09, 04:13 PM
try getting upto speed, and stamping on the brakes prety hefty.
the sudden change in gravity might throw the piece forward out from behind the dash down onto the carpet if your lucky.

AlexW
01-02-09, 05:19 PM
Ive done that, ended up glueing it back on. Other wise its a complete new speedo cable. There about £10-15 from motor factors, or ebay.

Curtoise
01-02-09, 07:18 PM
Ive done that, ended up glueing it back on. Other wise its a complete new speedo cable. There about £10-15 from motor factors, or ebay.

WTF thts lame cant you buy just the little part, and is it ment to come off then? or did it break off when i was takin the old one off. and is it me or is the speedo cable at such a crappy length its just a bit to short to be easily connected :mad:

Benn
01-02-09, 07:24 PM
What plastic bit are we talking?
The clip that holds the cable in? Thats metal.

Curtoise
01-02-09, 07:27 PM
What plastic bit are we talking?
The clip that holds the cable in? Thats metal.

nah its not the clip its the little small plastic connecter that goes from speedo cable into the back of the speedo clocks, has one square end.:thumb:

Rich
01-02-09, 07:28 PM
Undo it from the gearbox end so you can pull it through more if your having trouble connecting it to the dials.

Curtoise
01-02-09, 07:30 PM
Undo it from the gearbox end so you can pull it through more if your having trouble connecting it to the dials.

lol i might give it a got, dont reli wanna get under the car in the snow tho atm, its not to bad just makes me vry irritated lol:thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
01-02-09, 07:40 PM
no need to get underneath.
with an adjustable spanner on it, from the topside of the gearbox, is a 1 min job really, just unscrews a few threads, then pulls up and out.

it is prety damn cold out there at the mo tho, few inches of snow on everything.

Curtoise
01-02-09, 07:42 PM
oh rite ok. thanks for the advice

Curtoise
01-02-09, 07:42 PM
anone else know what im talking?

Benn
01-02-09, 08:06 PM
They are fixed in to the mech that makers the dial work i thought, never had one come out.

Curtoise
01-02-09, 08:08 PM
nah it comes out of its little socket, its got a squar end duno if maby its ment to b attached to the speedo cable

Benn
01-02-09, 08:09 PM
Yeah it will be the inserrt, the inner of the speedo cable is square too.
You'll have to get some more clocks, sure they should be fixed tho.

Curtoise
17-02-09, 06:34 PM
the clocks iv got are fine, its just the little plastic bit, also iv got another little plastic bit off a mate and it works with the standard clocks not the gsi?